• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you were with Dame's lack of efficiency?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FT's inflating stats....LOL.

It's OK that you don't understand. The sharp decline to game 2's performance was as much (or more) about not getting to the line as it was any shooting percentage differences.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like the best case move right now. I just don’t think you get both

They turned down 3 or 4 firsts for OG already
The math has changed now. OG is a rental for sure with a chance to come to terms with him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right in that they were able to move Harden and while this isn't the "big win" that funbagz is pimping it as, it's more than most thought they'd get, but not as much as he thought they'd get initially.
It’s more than I thought they’d get. I had these expiring deals plus Mann and 1 first. The extra first, the swap, and the 2 seconds is >>>>> Mann.
Depending on when they use them, we may not know the full success of this trade until sometime in the off-season. If nothing else, we know Morey will be patient and if he can't get what he wants by the deadline, he'll wait until the off-season.
You can only judge a trade with the facts on the ground. The next trade will be it’s on entity and will be graded as such as it’s own transaction. Based on the prevailing opinion on this board, if people are being honest, the Sixers got much more back than anyone ever anticipated (except me). Have to give Morey and the Sixers a big pat on the back here since June and the decision to not bend over for Harden and hitch their wagon to him for this season plus 2-3 more seasons.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. Mainly giving it back to him because he was insisting on getting a rotation player and he called Covington and Morris washed as well as Batum I believe.

At various times he wanted Mann, Powell, etc.
Actually Batum was the guy I said that could play a role. I still think Morris is cooked. School is still out on RoCo because he was buried on that roster. Gun to my head, I lean RoCo is just a guy and I’d rather see his minutes go to a younger player like Springer opting to go small around Embiid.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca I’m sure you have watched the Thunder, let’s hear your thoughts so far. I’ve been pretty impressed with how Chet has just fallen right in.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not until they use those picks really. They didn't get any players back in the trade that move the needle as much as Harden. The follow up moves will come, but nothing's guaranteed.
As I told TF12, you grade trades incrementally based on the facts on the ground. The next trade will be graded based on its own merits. I mean if you want to look at the trade from this perspective then go the whole way.

The Sixers gave up:
Ben Simmons
Andre Drummond
Seth Curry
Dariq Whitehead (Nets choice with 23 1st from Sixers)
2 forfeited 2nd rounders
*2 years of the Embiid window*

Sixers got:
Batum
RoCo
Morris
Martin
2026 first round pick
2028 first round pick
2029 pick swap with Clippers
2024 2nd round pick
2027 2nd round pick
Short term rental of James Harden and his 21/10
Short term rental of luxury space on roster for PJ Tucker
A ridiculous level of cap relief

That entire puzzle is a plus for the Sixers.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I told TF12, you grade trades incrementally based on the facts on the ground. The next trade will be graded based on its own merits. I mean if you want to look at the trade from this perspective then go the whole way.

The Sixers gave up:
Ben Simmons
Andre Drummond
Seth Curry
Dariq Whitehead (Nets choice with 23 1st from Sixers)
2 forfeited 2nd rounders
*2 years of the Embiid window*

Sixers got:
Batum
RoCo
Morris
Martin
2026 first round pick
2028 first round pick
2029 pick swap with Clippers
2024 2nd round pick
2027 2nd round pick
Short term rental of James Harden and his 21/10
Short term rental of luxury space on roster for PJ Tucker
A ridiculous level of cap relief

That entire puzzle is a plus for the Sixers.
Ehh, maybe I guess. Contrast what you are calling a plus with trading Ben Simmons at the right time and it’s not close though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, maybe I guess. Contrast what you are calling a plus with trading Ben Simmons at the right time and it’s not close though.
That’s on the old regime. Shit, let’s add Mikal Bridges trade, no resign of Jimmy, and drafting Fultz to the old regime’s list of failure as well.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I trust Presti I must admit I was holding my breath hoping that Westbrook wasn’t coming back.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I gotta admit CP3 has been EXACTLY what the Warriors were missing last year. He just makes everyone else on that 2nd unit so much better. Add in the elevated play of Moody and Kuminga and we have some nice depth and production throughout the lineup. Hopefully this depth will allow some rest for the older guys.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Petrusev guy the Clippers got.....just a warm body/towel waver?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I gotta admit CP3 has been EXACTLY what the Warriors were missing last year. He just makes everyone else on that 2nd unit so much better. Add in the elevated play of Moody and Kuminga and we have some nice depth and production throughout the lineup. Hopefully this depth will allow some rest for the older guys.
At this point in his career 25-28mpg is probably the most you want CP playing. Given his age and injury history.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Petrusev guy the Clippers got.....just a warm body/towel waver?

3 min played this year, tough to tell yet. Scored well in the ABA, went to Gonzaga. His draft report noted he's a decent inside defender and has developed some shooting range.

Clips may not keep him, could waive him and get a bigger trade exception.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 min played this year, tough to tell yet. Scored well in the ABA, went to Gonzaga. His draft report noted he's a decent inside defender and has developed some shooting range.

Clips may not keep him, could waive him and get a bigger trade exception.

He's also a non guaranteed contract so they could save money doing so

(not if they ended up using a trade exception)

The question is how big of a TPE will they get either way? I haven't seen.

i saw the sixers getting a big one if they want it.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LogicMan @Gman @The Q

How you like the new look Celtics so far?

Turned on the Memphis game last night. Marcus looks weird in a Grizzlies uniform.

Their top 6 are the best in the league

I like that they're starting small(er)... having Big Al coming off the bench.

This plays to their strengths... guards and wings that can defend bigger than their size, and better depth at the guard and wing positions than we have at the C spot.

Defense has been very good (Jrue and White are a terror on this end as a starting back court). They've been throwing in some full-court press and it has been effective.

Our starting 5 has overwhelming talent.

Our bench, however, has not been good so far. Pritchard and Hauser are neither shooting well nor playing well overall. Plenty of room for improvement here.
This is spot on. I would add that without a solid 7 and a serviceable 8 they are very vulnerable to effects of injury. Notably if Porzy goes down.

They need to play the bench regardless. I don’t care if they seed at 1 as long as it’s top 4. Protect the legs for the playoffs

They will make a move at the trade deadline

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their top 6 are the best in the league

This is spot on. I would add that without a solid 7 and a serviceable 8 they are very vulnerable to effects of injury. Notably if Porzy goes down.

They need to play the bench regardless. I don’t care if they seed at 1 as long as it’s top 4. Protect the legs for the playoffs

They will make a move at the trade deadline

This was the one argument to nkt extent pritch

His salary makes it easier to aggregate a deal for a 7

The Celtics seem to believe kornet pritch and hauser can all be top 8s depending on the matchup

But they need to use that tpe for guys who can fit other spots

Like a 4 (chuma okeke for the win…)