• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2015 Big 12 Conference Basketball Brackets

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 MEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
Sprint Center - Kansas City
Wednesday, March 11
National Television Time (CDT)
No. 8 Kansas State vs. No. 9 TCU ESPNU 6:00 p.m.
No. 7 Texas vs. No. 10 Texas Tech ESPNU 8:00 p.m.

Thursday, March 12
No. 4 Baylor vs. No. 5 West Virginia ESPN2
11:30 a.m.
No. 1 Kansas vs. K-State/TCU winner ESPN2 1:30 p.m.
No. 2 Iowa State vs. UT/TTU winner ESPNU 6:00 p.m.
No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 6 Oklahoma State ESPNU 8:00 p.m.

Friday, March 13
Thursday Afternoon Winners ESPN or ESPN2 6:00 p.m.
Thursday Evening Winners ESPN or ESPN2 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, March 14
Semifinal Winners ESPN 5:00 p.m.

I would have taken any team in this field before I would have taken Baylor. Worst possible draw for the Mountaineers.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to the BU contest. Personally, I think you can throw the first two games against them right out the window.

The first game was during their mid-season slump.

The second game was the first without Wanny since the TCU game, and as we know… Gary went down less than 3 minutes into the game.

All of a sudden, the back up PG is gone, and Javon is forced to handle the point…. along with Tarik. Neither of them were very good at it in the first half. Javon settled down and had a great 2nd half.

IMO, Javon does not look comfortable at PG. He has had one good half of play in the last 3 games. I believe Tarik might start getting some more time at PG to help.

Another change that has already been put in place with the loss of Gary and Juwan, WVU is no longer going with a 3G line-up. They are playing bigger with Nathan, Holton and Devin starting. This will be a better match-up for BU who also plays 3 bigs. While it looks like Watkins may be shut down for the season, Macon's game has shown huge growth.

WVU gave the KU game away, it was the first time this starting 5 played together, and their play has been pretty impressive. Yes, the kids make more TO's than with Wanny leading the team. But, to score 40 points on KU in the first half was wonderful to see. They followed that up with a 39 point 1st half performance yesterday. The great thing to see in yesterday's game, was they continued to attack in the 2nd half.

When you have young kids playing significant minutes… and little experience in handling positions… you have to expect a few glitches. But, I like what I see. And, I expect good things from them on Thursday.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams does the conference put in the big dance iyo? Anyone need to make a run during the B12 tourney to get in?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Texas takes care of business against TT, I think the league will get 7 teams in the tourney.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt there is something wrong with Texas. The experts thought they'd not only compete for the Big 12 crown, but they'd be the one team that could compete against UK.

I believe it was Seth Greenberg from ESPN who mentioned he believes their problem lies in a lack of a true PG and a lack of a solid wing or SF.

They're one of the best defensive teams in the country… but, they're too inconsistent on offense…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams does the conference put in the big dance iyo? Anyone need to make a run during the B12 tourney to get in?
I think five get in as of today, IF OSU wins a game, they get in, I think 5 or 6 is realistic. I agree that we couldnt have got a worse draw, Baylor is the worst matchup of anyone for us.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are undefeated in neutral site games.....never know.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Baylor is not a good draw. I would have rather gotten Kansas.
Oh well, they are in the dance no matter but a win or two would improve the seeding.

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with instinct here, but I believe that Baylor is what WVU needs. This game will show that they can win a game against other bigs. I believe that Devin Williams will light it up and have a monster game similar to OK St game. If WVU cuts down on Turnovers and shoot their free throws similar to what they did in the Cowboy game then I say WVU eeks out a victory. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win. If WVU does manage to win this game then I will predict a Big 12 Championship. Surprise the heck out of everyone. They are very capable of doing just that. We shall see...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with instinct here, but I believe that Baylor is what WVU needs. This game will show that they can win a game against other bigs. I believe that Devin Williams will light it up and have a monster game similar to OK St game. If WVU cuts down on Turnovers and shoot their free throws similar to what they did in the Cowboy game then I say WVU eeks out a victory. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win. If WVU does manage to win this game then I will predict a Big 12 Championship. Surprise the heck out of everyone. They are very capable of doing just that. We shall see...

A win against Baylor will give this team much confidence going forward. If we want to be successful in the dance, we need to match up with a team like Baylor.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Baylor match up for this reason--Length. Their length poses problems in the passing lanes, it posses problems shooting the ball, and it poses problems rebounding the ball. I liken Baylor to Kentucky in many ways although their guard play is no where near Kentucky's. Yet Baylor is long like Kentucky and they alter shots. Of all of our shooters, I really don't think we have anyone who can get their shot off anytime they want it. We have to be open and square up to make shots consistently from the perimeter. Now that may be true for most teams but it is especially true for WV. What also makes Baylor difficult is that they have good shooters who can get their shot off from the outside anytime they want it. Prince is a good shooter and he can take 3's just about every possession down the floor if he wanted to because he is tall and long. That puts a lot of pressure on our bigs in the middle because you have to continuously guard against the outside shot with Baylor. Then you still have to deal with the beast in the middle known as Rico Gathers. To me, I think Baylor and Iowa State are the best teams in this conference right now while Kansas is a close 3rd. Funny how the pollsters don't see it that way but I have seen as least 30 games in this conference and that is how I see it. I hope BB proves me wrong and we show up with a monumental effort against the Bears. Anything less and we will be taking the first flight out of Kansas City on Thursday.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone can disagree that if this team can beat Baylor in the opener, it would pay
huge dividends moving forward and into the dance. I just don't think that WVU can beat them.
Certainly, if our 2 top scorers are back and 100% - I think this team can beat anyone if they
execute and the shots are dropping.

But I doubt either is 100% at this point. They have been short of competative against Baylor this season.
Game 2 was a little closer - but they just never seemed to threaten the bigger, stronger Bears.
I see a one-n-done but that doesn't mean I won't be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Please! Prove me wrong... :hope:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I think all this talk about BU being a bad match-up for WVU is a bunch of BS. Just like Texas. Everyone cried about the match-up problems...

BU might beat us because they're a damn good team. But, I don't buy the whole match-up BS...

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me nuts but I think both Texas and Oklahoma St. have a little work to do. If OSU loses big, they are out, and if UT loses to Texas Tech or gets blown out by Kansas, they are out. Losses by Iona and Murray St. have shrunk the bubble.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me nuts but I think both Texas and Oklahoma St. have a little work to do. If OSU loses big, they are out, and if UT loses to Texas Tech or gets blown out by Kansas, they are out. Losses by Iona and Murray St. have shrunk the bubble.
I'm thinking that OSU needs to win a league tourney game, and Texas is out unless they get to the final. Both better hope there are no more upsets in the tourneys of the other leagues.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to find a place to watch this game at lunch. I hate these early tourney games. Hope they get a better slot next week.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Browne MAY be able to play tonight, but Staten is not going to see any action.
I seriously doubt Browne will see extensive time. Why risk re-injury and him missing NCAAs?
WV will need a lot of help from the bench today and will need to execute at near perfection.