• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank you Nebraska

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took the trip out for the game and it was amazing, outside the obvious thing. The fans were the nicest fans I have ever encountered on the road. the tailgate or walkgate as I called it since all we did was bounce from one area to the next and everyone was inviting was so much fun.
The stadium was beautiful. your fans were great. all around A+ trip.

except the Runza.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They thanked us for coming out before and after. they wished us safe travels home before and after the game. made all kinds of recommendations of things to see around the stadium and campus if we had time. they were telling us about the stadium and all kinds of things it was great.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I took the trip out for the game and it was amazing, outside the obvious thing. The fans were the nicest fans I have ever encountered on the road. the tailgate or walkgate as I called it since all we did was bounce from one area to the next and everyone was inviting was so much fun.

except the Runza.

Glad to hear you had a great time.

The stadium was rockin', that's for sure.

I thought that was pretty classy of Mark Helfrich to bring the flowers out to the 27 and place them in honor of Sam.... Hats off to you gentlemen. :yo:

Where were your seats located in the stadium, I had a couple duck fans right behind me, not sure how they scored those tix, but they got'em.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

except the Runza.
I had a similar experience at the Gator Bowl back in '08, I believe. Nicest fans that I've ever come across. Hell, by the end of the game I was hanging out with them instead of my Clemson peeps and giving their kids all my $2 bills. Good people.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah another bought us a round in Omaha the night before when we were at dinner. we bsed with them for a bit.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear you had a great time.

The stadium was rockin', that's for sure.

I thought that was pretty classy of Mark Helfrich to bring the flowers out to the 27 and place them in honor of Sam.... Hats off to you gentlemen. :yo:

Where were your seats located in the stadium, I had a couple duck fans right behind me, not sure how they scored those tix, but they got'em.
602 up up and in the corner

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I said this in the game thread, but certainly the classiest fanbase I've ever attended during all the OU Nebraska games. They know their football and just always seem like kind, down to earth people. Definitely miss playing them. It certainly was a great rivalry, but I always felt is was extremely respectful rivalry too IMO.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got real drunk at the 2010 holiday bowl, fell into the Nebraska fans in front of us causing a domino effect for about 5 rows. They were pretty cool about it, good people.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
602 up up and in the corner

That's east stadium, right? The new expansion? I sat up in east stadium for the Michigan State game last year thinking the view would suck, but honestly it was the best nosebleed view I've ever seen. Since it goes straight up rather than out, you feel like you're hovering over the field.

Glad you had a great time. I can be a dick here, but it's highly frowned upon to be anything but cordial and welcoming for visiting fans. I can honestly say I've never actually seen fans heckled here outside of some friendly banter.

I think part of it is because we know the perception of Nebraska is that it's all cornfields and hicks, so we're just excited for people to come see what we're actually all about here, and want them to have a good time.

The culture shock is real for a lot of people expecting the stereotype of Nebraska when they get here.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You no like a Runza.

Fuck a you.

Seriously though, glad you had fun.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the 90's I had three stores in Omaha. Westroads, Crossroads and Oakview Malls. Spent plenty of time there and I LOVED runza. And for the record I concur....damn good folks you Nebraskans are. :thumb:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you were treated well.

Sorry, you did not like the Runza, but thanks for trying it. Every time we go back, I get a Runza. With mustard. Sometimes two, maybe three.

For the record, I don't think too highly of Voodoo Doughnuts. Our local donut shop kicks their ass. Sure, Voodoo has a 10 times larger variety. But our donut shop, the donuts are available at 7:15 AM even though it is supposed to be 7:30 AM. If you go there at 8:30 AM they are sold out.

BTW, we did buy the Coffin of Donuts and shipped the coffin home. That was my wife's idea, not mine. I told her I could build one for what shipping would cost us. I think shipping was something like $120 but I really don't remember.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this Runza you speak of?

Imagine a chicken pot pie but no juice, make it with beef and have some cheese in it.

Czechs, Poles, Russians, and Germans are the ones that make it. I remember Czech grandma up in Tabor, South Dakota making them. Oh My!!

This was also when I learned there were religious sects like the Mennonites. Who are really nice people, by the way.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he got it at the game, it might have tasted like ass. Im guessing those are made in the morning at the restaurant and kept somewhere warm. I guess i've never tried one in the stadium due to the usual 9million% concession mark up. Never had a fresh one that wasn't delicious.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine a chicken pot pie but no juice, make it with beef and have some cheese in it.

Czechs, Poles, Russians, and Germans are the ones that make it. I remember Czech grandma up in Tabor, South Dakota making them. Oh My!!

This was also when I learned there were religious sects like the Mennonites. Who are really nice people, by the way.

Surprised I had never heard of it. My grandmother on my mom's side was Polish and the other side was all Hungarian and Slavic. Grew up on meals like that

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he got it at the game, it might have tasted like ass. Im guessing those are made in the morning at the restaurant and kept somewhere warm. I guess i've never tried one in the stadium due to the usual 9million% concession mark up. Never had a fresh one that wasn't delicious.

Agreed. Runzas at the game are terrible. But then, most stadium food is terrible. Everywhere. In Chicago, at the Denver Bronco Chicago Bears game, they did have some food carts where the food was better, but if you bought from the stadium people in their little concession stands with the counters, you got the usual crap.

Buy from the Runza Hut Restaurant chain. We usually stop at the one at something like 132nd and Center Street in Omaha.