• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas vs UCLA

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one sucked. So close. Stupid mental mistakes and WTF special teams??? Ugh. I mean there were some great improvements from the last two weeks, so that's encouraging I guess. Damn it.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense gets a D+
Defense gets an A for being in unfathomably bad spots...only made 2 mistakes all game

Special teams gets an F- for ruining my night literally from the coinflip...coinflip...ugh

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one sucked. So close. Stupid mental mistakes and WTF special teams??? Ugh. I mean there were some great improvements from the last two weeks, so that's encouraging I guess. Damn it.

That is the key. Huge improvements this week from last.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense gets a D+
Defense gets an A for being in unfathomably bad spots...only made 2 mistakes all game

Special teams gets an F- for ruining my night literally from the coinflip...coinflip...ugh

No idea how you give the offense a D+. That was 20 times better than last week. There is actually some hope

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea how you give the offense a D+. That was 20 times better than last week. There is actually some hope

Agreed. Offense showed they were capable of marching across the field and getting into the end zone. Consistently? Not yet, but that was a hell of a lot more than they could do last week.

ETA: I do agree with the special teams grade. JFC it was bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Offense showed they were capable of marching across the field and getting into the end zone. Consistently? Not yet, but that was a hell of a lot more than they could do last week.

ETA: I do agree with the special teams grade. JFC it was bad.

That is probably the second best defense Texas will face and they did OK. Punt team was actually great until that last one. It's a process.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game, but looks like Tejas did better than expected. See you in Oct!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say the offense was anything other than D+?

The offense:
3 plays 7 yards wasted timeout
3 plays 8 yards wasted timeout
4 plays 19 yards
3 plays 6 yards
4 plays 21 yards
10 plays 80 yards
3 plays -5 yards
4 plays 3 yards
Then they had to sit back (without those wasted timeouts) on the last UCLA drive to end the clock.

The offense sucked ass for most of the game.
They could not give the defense even a second of breath to catch.

Even when the defense got that last fumble.
All Texas needed was a 1st down to win. They went backwards 5 yards instead.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say the offense was anything other than D+?

The offense:
3 plays 7 yards wasted timeout
3 plays 8 yards wasted timeout
4 plays 19 yards
3 plays 6 yards
4 plays 21 yards
10 plays 80 yards
3 plays -5 yards
4 plays 3 yards
Then they had to sit back (without those wasted timeouts) on the last UCLA drive to end the clock.

The offense sucked ass for most of the game.
They could not give the defense even a second of breath to catch.

Even when the defense got that last fumble.
All Texas needed was a 1st down to win. They went backwards 5 yards instead.

I thought it would be a disaster tonight vs a very talented front 7. If you didn't see serious improvement tonight, I am not sure what to tell you

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw improvement yes.

I loved the effort and heart of the defense. They played with a passion and desire that was exactly what we expected. In fact the defense has been great for 5 of the 6 quarters of the season.

The offense went from horrible to merely bad is not some great accomplishment.
I guess the best part is that they did not turn the ball over.

Special teams played one of the worst game imaginable....zero improvement there.....
The special teams regression more than offset the defensive improvement.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would be a disaster tonight vs a very talented front 7. If you didn't see serious improvement tonight, I am not sure what to tell you

I saw improvement, and I think you will continue to see improvement. It's still going to be a long season, but this team will get better, and next year will be better than this year. It's going to be a slow building process. This game is simple. UCLA's 2nd team qb is better than ours. Plus our defense was just plain worn out toward the end, but #21 just got his ass burnt on UCLA's last touchdown. Shame on him for biting when there was really no biting there.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a UCLA without Hunley.

GTFOutta here with that crap. They didn't have their starting qb for 3 quarters. In the meanwhile Texas was missing for the game our starting:

Qb; Lt; Rt; C; OG; WR. Among others.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw improvement, and I think you will continue to see improvement. It's still going to be a long season, but this team will get better, and next year will be better than this year. It's going to be a slow building process. This game is simple. UCLA's 2nd team qb is better than ours. Plus our defense was just plain worn out toward the end, but #21 just got his ass burnt on UCLA's last touchdown. Shame on him for biting when there was really no biting there.

Duke's been getting burnt since he arrived on campus, no surprise he gave up that game winning TD. Defense played it's heart out, only to have Greg Davis II call another shitty offensive game plan.