• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Game Thread

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with the throwback helmets.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone out there?

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking good at the half, just need to keep it up.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win today!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is officially on a winning streak!

So much for discipline problems…

So much for end of the season swoons…

So much for the kids quitting on Dana…

So much for November collapse…

So much for Strong having Dana's number…

So much for Texas being too big… too talented…

Bring on fucking Kansas!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Lyons sat Holgorsen down after the debacle against TCU and told him to use the strength of the team. Strange how we see a big dose of Smallwood, and we win!!!! Great to beat Texas, keep it up, guys.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lyons is a OC as well?

Good win today. My sons first game, best picture was him with the Texas cheerleaders lol

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like Don Nehlen football today. Run, Run, Run and pass only when you think you have 'em fooled. We found the strength of this team last week and today. Just run baby run!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smallwood, a scoop and 6 and 2 circus catches by our WR's got er done this week. OTool is terrible but our ST's played very well. The defense is crap.

Credit where its due to skinny Charlie, when we needed to run clock to win THIS game, by God he ran clock, he didn't hear from Lyons, he heard from that angry mob in MPS last week at the end of the game. He may have actually went a little TOO conservative for some with about 6 minutes to go but the group I was sitting with was fine with it and was more than willing to let Texas kill themselves and... they did.

Feels god to have a little streak goin but good gracious that Texas team is bad. Heard is a good young player but past him... yikes.
Oh well, not a championship effort but we'll take it, on to Kansas to try n get bowl eligible :suds:.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute goldrusher. You was telling all of us Texas would probably win today. Now you telling us they're bad? They ain't no worse today than they were when you was so confident they'd beat the Mounties.

Circus catches... I love that! What a fucking joke...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute goldrusher. You was telling all of us Texas would probably win today. Now you telling us they're bad? They ain't no worse today than they were when you was so confident they'd beat the Mounties.

Circus catches... I love that! What a fucking joke...
We will beat Kansas, prob be much closer than it should be and there will be shanked punts, penalties galore and the defense will get gashed over and over again by KU's middle school level offensive talent but will prob put em away by..... middle of the 4th quarter or so assuming the RB's don't get hurt. That's about all we can hope for with Ol skinny Charlie, ugly wins vs bad teams :noidea:.
Those catches WERE circus catches by the WR's, great job by them.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like Don Nehlen football today. Run, Run, Run and pass only when you think you have 'em fooled. We found the strength of this team last week and today. Just run baby run!
Holgorsen has FINALLY realized what ole dad saw weeks ago.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we know, KU is a well coached team… they are disciplined… make few penalties… and their results tell the tale.

WVU has committed 10 more penalties on the year than KU.

This stat is clearly a reflection of coaching… and discipline. WVU is currently in similar standing with Bama and Nick Saban… UF and McElwain… FSU and Jimbo… TCU and Patterson.

And GoldRusher's favorite to replace Coach Holgorsen… Doc… his Marshall program is currently ranked #115 in penalties.

I watched ESPN's top 10 plays… and didn't see the circus catches in there. Weird…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Lyons sat Holgorsen down after the debacle against TCU and told him to use the strength of the team. Strange how we see a big dose of Smallwood, and we win!!!! Great to beat Texas, keep it up, guys.

Good Grief!............:L

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy...I thought this group was better than this......obviously I was wrong..

Any of you who actually thinks that Lyon's or anyone else sits Dana down and treats him like a first grader has got to be out of their minds...or just so unwilling to see the forest thru the trees that this HC has the ability to adapt and be nimble with the talent he coaches..I would say that is a HC that you definitely want on the Wv sideline

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can win out and then win a bowl game, and finish with 9 wins and I bet some will still be calling for Dana's head........

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been proven wrong, I thought we would loose to either TT or Texas and Kansas St. Maybe only 1 loss on the last 5 games, but here is hoping I'm wrong again.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we know, KU is a well coached team… they are disciplined… make few penalties… and their results tell the tale.

WVU has committed 10 more penalties on the year than KU.

This stat is clearly a reflection of coaching… and discipline. WVU is currently in similar standing with Bama and Nick Saban… UF and McElwain… FSU and Jimbo… TCU and Patterson.

And GoldRusher's favorite to replace Coach Holgorsen… Doc… his Marshall program is currently ranked #115 in penalties.

I watched ESPN's top 10 plays… and didn't see the circus catches in there. Weird…
52-0 victory for Ol Doc and 9 win season so far.. Prob getting a lot of penalties from playing all those backups and building that program for another great year. We get down 30-40 with the QB looking like hot garbage and ol skinny Charlie won't put the backup in... Poor Ol Pat White would have been a WR under skinny Charlie...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
52-0 victory for Ol Doc and 9 win season so far.. Prob getting a lot of penalties from playing all those backups and building that program for another great year. We get down 30-40 with the QB looking like hot garbage and ol skinny Charlie won't put the backup in... Poor Ol Pat White would have been a WR under skinny Charlie...

You have got to be kidding..... Look at Marshall's schedule it has been the absolute easiest of anybody in the country.

Strength of Schedule Rankings for CFB

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're on the same page... skinny Charlie is your name for Dana?

Pat White would not have been recruited as QB for Dana.

Rich recruited a bunch of QB's... they became CB's, free safeties and WR's...

When you have a great athlete, why not put him on the field so he can help you win?

Petrino did this at Arky. Patterson did this at TCU with Boykin. Brady Hoke did this at UofM with D. Robinson.

And, the Pontif (you're a Bill King guy) did this with Braxton Miller.