• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas dismisses Deoundri Davis

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The purge continues...

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he going to have enough to field a team by RRSO?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About to pull some red shirts. WTF has Mack been recruiting????

That was my question... Mack was always known for running a fairly clean program... Maybe he just didn't report anything?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my question... Mack was always known for running a fairly clean program... Maybe he just didn't report anything?

Yup, seems to me Mack just turned the other cheek, which makes sense, b/c we've sucked since 2010. the defense the last two years resembled players who had no business playing D1 football. I wonder if Mack is utterly embarrassed about this?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, regardless, looks like Texas will have like 40 schollies open for the 2015 class...

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised at all. The warning signs were everywhere. I will never, never figure out why it took so long to get rid of him. Hell, Mike Sherman kicked Mack Brown's ass in recruiting every year he was at Texas ATM, and he got fired after 4 years. It's going to take a long time to turn this baby around.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a perfect fit for Auburn ... steal electronics, go to junior college, enroll at Auburn, win championships. :nod:

I'll take it.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised at all. The warning signs were everywhere. I will never, never figure out why it took so long to get rid of him. Hell, Mike Sherman kicked Mack Brown's ass in recruiting every year he was at Texas ATM, and he got fired after 4 years. It's going to take a long time to turn this baby around.

I disagree. Coach Strong knows he doesn't have 4-5 years to turn it around, especially since we saw Auburn go from 3-9 to playing for the BCS title overnight with a new coach. The era of waiting 20 something years for coaches to win NC's are over (Osborne, Bowden for example). It won't be this year, but I expect this team to contend for the conference title and playoff starting next year. Coach Strong is the right man to turn it around quickly.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be this year, but I expect this team to contend for the conference title and playoff starting next year. Coach Strong is the right man to turn it around quickly.

I totally agree that Strong is the right man for the job, but I don't share your optimism on next year. At least two years. At least. Way too many holes to fill. It's going to take time.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pumped.

When you listen to the guys who "get it" and buy into the system, there is a sense of focus and willpower that has not been in Austin for a while.

It makes you as a fan want to put on pads and go kill yourself in practice for Coach Strong.
It is beyond refreshing to see this new attitude and culture.

Strong will have "his guys" ready to run through a brick wall for him while scoring 1000 on APR rates and doing the university proud.

Texas will finally have an identity.
I am 110% sold on the long term future of this program.

2014 will be a season of pride regardless of the W-L record.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pumped.

When you listen to the guys who "get it" and buy into the system, there is a sense of focus and willpower that has not been in Austin for a while.

It makes you as a fan want to put on pads and go kill yourself in practice for Coach Strong.
It is beyond refreshing to see this new attitude and culture.

Strong will have "his guys" ready to run through a brick wall for him while scoring 1000 on APR rates and doing the university proud.

Texas will finally have an identity.
I am 110% sold on the long term future of this program.

2014 will be a season of pride regardless of the W-L record.

This. I am much more optimistic that the guys who are on the field playing actually want to be there.

And that even in games we don't win, our performance won't have so many :L moments.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
promise you, other guys on that team don't want a thief in the locker room. Texas had a couple of those under MB, pisses the other guys off.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, seems to me Mack just turned the other cheek, which makes sense, b/c we've sucked since 2010. the defense the last two years resembled players who had no business playing D1 football. I wonder if Mack is utterly embarrassed about this?

the deal with MB was, he was never in the locker room. He didn't hang with those guys, and just wasn't around.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Coach Strong knows he doesn't have 4-5 years to turn it around, especially since we saw Auburn go from 3-9 to playing for the BCS title overnight with a new coach. The era of waiting 20 something years for coaches to win NC's are over (Osborne, Bowden for example). It won't be this year, but I expect this team to contend for the conference title and playoff starting next year. Coach Strong is the right man to turn it around quickly.

TE98, I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for some disappointment. UT is decimated this year. Texas is only a shell of what it used to be. And next year, assuming you do recruit some guys who can come in immediately and play, will be difficult because those guys will be freshmen without a lick of college game day experience. You are at least 2 years away from being competitive again. In the meantime Oklahoma will be absolutely loaded next year and Baylor won't be far behind. Life in the Big XII will be rough next year; even Oklahoma State will be very good. Remember, you need to score a bunch of points in the Big XII to win consistently and O is hard to create quickly. I didn't like the Charlie Strong hire for a reason I have explained before but I will admit he is doing what is needed to clean things up in the program. Just don't be surprised if he gets a bunch of heat after losing too many games in his first two years. Mack's old buddies will not give this guy a break.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
break a core rule of CS, and your gone.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't be surprised if he gets a bunch of heat after losing too many games in his first two years. Mack's old buddies will not give this guy a break.

This is exactly of what I'm afraid of. Longhorn fans with common sense agree and understand exactly what you are saying. It's the political buddies that worry me. Dodds is gone, finally. They should have cleaned house with the rest of the "good ole boys" club.