• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas (3-3) @ KSU (3-3), 11am CT, ESPN2

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a load of confidence.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it is Mack's fault. He should have left without destroying our chance of salvaging that years recruiting class. We lack upperclassmen talent and the young guys keep screwing up. Obviously some of that is a lack of ability of our coaches to get them up to speed in game. All that equals a shit show at times. Too often unfortunately.

Sorry Hook 'Em, but the Mack Brown excuse is played out. This is 100% dogshit coaching. Just watching other teams play & nobody is as undisciplined and unmotivated as Strong's team. He's a terrible, terrible coach. Says the exact same thing over & over again after another defeat and another poor coaching job. I don't even think he wants to coach here anymore. I think he wants to get fired b/c he's going to collect a $10M check regardless. If Petersen can have Washington in playoff contention in his 3rd year, there is no fucking reason why Strong can't at least: 1. Show improvement & 2. Post a winning season for fuck's sake!!

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you man! I nearly watched all that waiting for the damn punch line. :finger:

I ummmm..., errrr....ahem........uhhhhh...... I just don't....... ummmmmmm.....

I'm not sure how to respond.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Hook 'Em, but the Mack Brown excuse is played out. This is 100% dogshit coaching. Just watching other teams play & nobody is as undisciplined and unmotivated as Strong's team. He's a terrible, terrible coach. Says the exact same thing over & over again after another defeat and another poor coaching job. I don't even think he wants to coach here anymore. I think he wants to get fired b/c he's going to collect a $10M check regardless. If Petersen can have Washington in playoff contention in his 3rd year, there is no fucking reason why Strong can't at least: 1. Show improvement & 2. Post a winning season for fuck's sake!!

Well, Strong definitely inherited a bad situation with talent, but now it's a lot of his players on the field as well at this point. I don't believe he cares about the 10 million though. He'll land on his feet and he'll do a good job wherever he lands. He's just not a good fit for us. I do think the "Petersen" example is a good one. There is absolutely NO improvement, and no winning season. You would think you would see something in the area of improvement. We got nothing! Unless a miracle happens, It's just not working out for whatever reason. It's time to move on.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like CS, and wanted it to work out. But from the get go, if I'd have admitted it, you could see it was not going to work. Time to move on.

Problem is, there is no AD. What coach worth anything would want to sign on without an AD? Perrin is not an AD. He's just a gap filler to hold down the fort.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, Texas has more FR/RS FR/SO starters than any team in P5. It's not even close.

CS, for all is mistakes, was in an impossible situation. As I've said, only Saban or maybe U.Meyer could have handled it.

Whoever comes in, will have more solid footing to stand on.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is OU and Kansas State now have tried to give these games away late and Texas just can't cash it in.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time all season where TEXAS was the far superior team yet still lost thanks to discipline.

KSU was a flawlessly disciplined 1950s era team with limited ability that maxed every bit of effort.
TEXAS was a wildly out of control stupid team that insisted on wasting its superior ability over and over.

With even a hint of discipline, Texas wins today easily.
Today was a coaching failure.

The only explanation for non-stop idiotic penalites, missed tackles, and ridiculous drops is coaching.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, for positive spins:

KSU owns TEXAS no matter if UT is 11-1, that 1 loss will always be KSU.
A 3 point loss in Manhattan is the closest thing to a win in years.

Texas is still undefeated at home. They play a lot better at home.

All of their losses were road games that came down to the end.
OU, CAL, and KSU were not decided with less than a minute on the clock.

The tough games left are home games.
The road games left are versus fellow bottom feeders in the league.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is something more going on here than just Strong being a terrible coach. He has been successful everywhere he has gone. Do I think he will ever get things going at Texas? All signs point to no, but I bet he is successful again somewhere. We have a stink on our program that is bigger than Charlie Strong right now. Mack isn't responsible for anything past the last year he coached here. However, he did Strong no favors. In fact, he helped bring this stink to the program. It stunk his last 4 years here too.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like CS, and wanted it to work out. But from the get go, if I'd have admitted it, you could see it was not going to work. Time to move on.

Problem is, there is no AD. What coach worth anything would want to sign on without an AD? Perrin is not an AD. He's just a gap filler to hold down the fort.
Michigan had the problem when David Brandon (total Joke) was fired. I think it just takes that one home run hire to solve everything. I wouldn't hesitate to go after any NFL coaches or coordinator you think could turn things around either. You guys have the money to pony up so go after that guy!

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of the season, I thought Texas would get a min of 7 wins and likely 8 or 9. Obviously, thats not happening now. Does Texas get a bowl game this season? Do you get another win? KU is playing people tough this season, at least in the 1st half.