• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$tern has been in office ten years too long...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Silver may not be any better, but he sure as hell can't be any worse.

I kind of like this guy so far, though. He is right about one thing - Milwaukee does need a new arena. I was at the Bradley Center two years ago and it was too much of college-level atmosphere. I was also at the Cubs/Brewers series earlier this week and I can honestly say that fans in Wisconsin are extremely loyal to their teams as long as they have a decent facility to attend their games.

On the flip side,

As a true basketball fan, Mr. $tern has harmed me countless times, starting with Artest's season-long suspension (sucking up to his fan$$$) and many moments thereafter. That old fuck wouldn't want to be in the same building as me.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy was spoiled during the Jordan era and figured ratings should be up to those standards every year...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like the college atmosphere. I have no idea of others preferences though.

Stern is out and there is no way Silver can be as bad.

As for having high aspirations for the NBA seems good. How he has accomplished it is questionable. Would you really want some joe shmoe with the attitude "meh, it is what it is". I wouldn't settle for an employee with that attitude let alone a management position.

And Artest went into the stand and punched a fan. 1 year seems harsh but seriously, he went into the stands and punched a fan.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck would you do if an overprivileged trashy Pistons fan throws a cup of beer at you, like seriously? As far as I'm concerned, $tern that day awarded a trashy Pistons team and fans a free ride to the Finals that year. Fortunately, justice would be served when they lost to the Spurs, even though Pops did his best to give the series away due to his love for Larry Brown.

Baseball had its steroid era in the late 90's, while the NBA is going through its steroid era today. Even one-time MVP Derrick Rose had the ball to admit that he thinks several NBA players are on steroids, yet $tern won't investigate. Because heaven forbid one of his brightest star$ (James, Wade, Howard) could get caught.

That's what makes Selig a good commissioner and $tern not so much.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have gone into the stands and punched a fan.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have gone into the stands and punched a fan.

No one but Artest and 'Cane would have. Did he even punch the right fan or just choose one he didn't like the looks of?

And there is no guarantee that with Artest that the Pacers would have beat the Pistons in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one but Artest and 'Cane would have. Did he even punch the right fan or just choose one he didn't like the looks of?

And there is no guarantee that with Artest that the Pacers would have beat the Pistons in the playoffs.

I understand why Artest did it, but he has to have better control than that!! It comes down to who has more to lose in that situation and Artest had ALOT more to lose than the fan who threw the beer!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes Selig a good commissioner and $tern not so much.

Selig allowed the steroid era in baseball. He didn't care that Sosa and Mac were juicing and breaking HR records. He was willing to let the steroid era happen because baseball's popularity was returning as a result.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that going after the wrong fan makes him look bad. But how many games did Vernon Maxwell get for charging into the stands? 10? LOL

Logic,

You've still never answered my question after all these years - How much money did your team's CEO, Tom Wilson, bribe Mr. $tern into suspending Artest for the entire season? Because the guy was caught smiling in an interview with Jim Gray after the melee...

$tern is a crook, an that's that. Cha-ching. And he will be exposed of it the day LeBron is exposed for his blatant steroid use.

Essentially, Mr. $tern has robbed the Pacers of not one, but two Eastern Conference titles - One in 2005 (Artest suspension) and one here in 2013 (LeBron steroid use)... :lol:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a
I agree that going after the wrong fan makes him look bad. But how many games did Vernon Maxwell get for charging into the stands? 10? LOL

Logic,

You've still never answered my question after all these years - How much money did your team's CEO, Tom Wilson, bribe Mr. $tern into suspending Artest for the entire season? Because the guy was caught smiling in an interview with Jim Gray after the melee...

$tern is a crook, an that's that. Cha-ching. And he will be exposed of it the day LeBron is exposed for his blatant steroid use.

Essentially, Mr. $tern has robbed the Pacers of not one, but two Eastern Conference titles - One in 2005 (Artest suspension) and one here in 2013 (LeBron steroid use)... :lol:
Did maxwell have a history of being a lunatic headcase and incite an entire riot?

Why would the CEO need to bribe Stern. You have an unstable player punching an innocent fan. he deserved the season suspension. maybe he was smiling because he knew artest idiotically removed himself for the season removing a roadbump in the pistons path to the finals. The Pacers were far from assured of going to the finals as you seem to think, the pistons knocked them out the previous season also as they couldn't recover from Princes block of a career on reggie (oh the good times).

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a
Did maxwell have a history of being a lunatic headcase and incite an entire riot?

Why would the CEO need to bribe Stern. You have an unstable player punching an innocent fan. he deserved the season suspension. maybe he was smiling because he knew artest idiotically removed himself for the season removing a roadbump in the pistons path to the finals. The Pacers were far from assured of going to the finals as you seem to think, the pistons knocked them out the previous season also as they couldn't recover from Princes block of a career on reggie (oh the good times).

Ha Ha. I watched the full game as well as the fight. 97-82.

We had the Palace all to ourselves that night. We had stolen it right from the hands of the so-called "defending champs". Ben Wallace was being a spoiled little bitch because he couldn't take being dominated on his own floor.

I actually wouldn't have minded if Jackson was suspended for the season, as Reggie enjoyed a late-career resurgance that year in the absense of Jackson and Artest.

But yeah, the Eastern Conference was all ours if Artest was around.