• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terminally Ill Fan, 10, Gets Tom Brady’s Jersey Number Engraved on Skull During 6th Brain Surgery

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey not many fans can have this done. A cool gesture by the doctor

Terminally Ill Fan, 10, Gets Tom Brady’s Jersey Number Engraved on Skull During 6th Brain Surgery

upload_2016-12-15_14-3-33.jpeg

A 10-year-old Patriots mega-fan had an unusual request for his surgeon before undergoing his sixth brain surgery earlier this year.

Logan Schoenhardt, who has a terminal cancer diagnosis, asked if he would engrave Tom Brady’s No. 12 jersey number on his skull.

“I walked in, and he said, ‘Would you engrave Tom Brady’s jersey number on the side of my skull?’ ” Dr. Jonathan Martin, a neurosurgeon at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, told ESPN in a recent E:60 segment.

“This was the kid’s sixth brain surgery,” he added. “ really wasn’t anything that was going to pose any additional risk to him, and given what I thought it might do for his morale, I said, ‘Why not?’ ”

“I adore him!” Logan told ESPN of the Super Bowl-winning quarterback. “I’m one of his biggest fans!”

Brady heard about the skull engraving a month after Logan’s surgery, and sent him a shout-out video commending him for his bravery.

“I just want you to know I’ve heard about your incredible story, your incredible journey, and it’s amazing what you’ve fought through over the course of your life, and I’m a big fan of yours,” Brady said in the clip.

And on Dec. 3, Logan finally met his hero, who high-fived him and gave him a signed football.

“It’s freaking Tom Brady!” said Logan.

Unfortunately, Logan’s tumor returned once again in September — and doctors aren’t sure how much time he has left.

“They said there’s nothing more that they are going to be able to do for us, for Logan,” his mother, Jo Schoenhardt, told ESPN.

So, Logan created a bucket list of wishes (like going to Disney World and riding a motorcycle) to finish in his final days.

But the most important item, to meet Tom Brady, has already been checked off.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puts things into perspective a little.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice story in a way and absolutely heartbreaking in a way. IMO whatever you can do to make a dying kid feel better is A-OK in my book. Almost makes me want to root for the Pats...almost...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the mini biography on this kid they played before MNF. After watching it I was like "Aw shit, now I have to cheer for the stupid Pats tonight because this kid is at the game."

Touching story. Brave kid. Life sucks sometimes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's rough.

At first I just misread that thinking they engraved 10 on his skull for Tom Brady and I was like, "Wait, Tom Brady wears 12? WTF?!" Was thinking God really had it out for that kid until I re-read and realized my misread.

Can't imagine what it'd be like at that age to realize you're going to die. I mean by the time we all hit 40 or something we have a pretty good idea that cancer, or years of alcoholism, acting like a dumbass, etc. at some point is gonna kick in, but 10... jeez.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There better be a God

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inspirational kid to say the least

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched my wife suffer in her recovery from brain surgery last summer I can't even imagine a child going through 6 of them. Especially if he is terminal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's rough.

At first I just misread that thinking they engraved 10 on his skull for Tom Brady and I was like, "Wait, Tom Brady wears 12? WTF?!" Was thinking God really had it out for that kid until I re-read and realized my misread.

Can't imagine what it'd be like at that age to realize you're going to die. I mean by the time we all hit 40 or something we have a pretty good idea that cancer, or years of alcoholism, acting like a dumbass, etc. at some point is gonna kick in, but 10... jeez.
Well thank you for ruining my f#&!ng weekend!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched my wife suffer in her recovery from brain surgery last summer I can't even imagine a child going through 6 of them. Especially if he is terminal.
Hope your wife is OK.

Agree. I could not imagine life if something like this happened to one of my kids

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey not many fans can have this done. A cool gesture by the doctor

View attachment 152593

A 10-year-old Patriots mega-fan had an unusual request for his surgeon before undergoing his sixth brain surgery earlier this year.

Logan Schoenhardt, who has a terminal cancer diagnosis, asked if he would engrave Tom Brady’s No. 12 jersey number on his skull.

“I walked in, and he said, ‘Would you engrave Tom Brady’s jersey number on the side of my skull?’ ” Dr. Jonathan Martin, a neurosurgeon at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, told ESPN in a recent E:60 segment.

“This was the kid’s sixth brain surgery,” he added. “ really wasn’t anything that was going to pose any additional risk to him, and given what I thought it might do for his morale, I said, ‘Why not?’ ”

“I adore him!” Logan told ESPN of the Super Bowl-winning quarterback. “I’m one of his biggest fans!”

Brady heard about the skull engraving a month after Logan’s surgery, and sent him a shout-out video commending him for his bravery.

“I just want you to know I’ve heard about your incredible story, your incredible journey, and it’s amazing what you’ve fought through over the course of your life, and I’m a big fan of yours,” Brady said in the clip.

And on Dec. 3, Logan finally met his hero, who high-fived him and gave him a signed football.

“It’s freaking Tom Brady!” said Logan.

Unfortunately, Logan’s tumor returned once again in September — and doctors aren’t sure how much time he has left.

“They said there’s nothing more that they are going to be able to do for us, for Logan,” his mother, Jo Schoenhardt, told ESPN.

So, Logan created a bucket list of wishes (like going to Disney World and riding a motorcycle) to finish in his final days.

But the most important item, to meet Tom Brady, has already been checked off.
I can't believe Tom Brady would put 12 tattoos on a sick child against their will!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There better be a God

I feel like little kid should NEVER have to suffer through something like this...What kind of "God" would allow this to happen to an innocent little kid? Always makes me wonder, for sure...