• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ted Thompson Free Agent Binder Continues

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Vikings defensive tackle Letroy Guion joins the Packers - baltimoresun.com

Interesting signing. The Packers come to terms with former Viking Letroy Guion. I kind of like it. He's a young defensive linemen, and it's just for a year. Interesting how this plays into Johnny Jolly's potential future with the Packers.

I really don't know anything about this guy at all. Is this going to end up being a Hargrove-Muir-Merling kind of thing where he doesn't make it out of camp? Or does he have a legit chance of sticking?

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a decent shot, I would imagine. He's 26, and has been in the league since '09. His highest statistical production year was 2012 when he had 31 tackles and 2 sacks with the Vikings.

He's played his entire career in Minnesota. For his career he's got 90 tackles, 5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Just looking at his career stats it looks like he's been a guy who's been able to stay healthy, outside of his rookie year when he only played 7 games. I would assume he's at least got a shot at being a rotation guy.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know anything about this guy at all. Is this going to end up being a Hargrove-Muir-Merling kind of thing where he doesn't make it out of camp? Or does he have a legit chance of sticking?

According to various sources, he hasn't really had a very stellar career with the Queens. That being said, some have stated that he was miscast as a NT, where he struggled, and that he should benefit from the variety of the Packers system.

Most likely it's a "show me" kind of deal, and a nice back-up if any of the younger Dlineman start struggling. There's also a chance he won't even make it out of camp too, I suppose!

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now I don't like it. It is only a one-year deal but just not a player I've liked from what I've seen/MIN writers I've talked to. But it's just one-year and I'm not angry over it

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted as soon as he got released for three reasons:
1. He's cheap
2. He's young
3. He should be a good fit on our line

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, it's hard to knock a 1-year deal I suppose. Here's hoping a new environment does him good!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with a little depth on the D line. I think it was a good signing

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no opinion until he plays. At this point he's not costing us anything. He can play in the NFL, why not accumulate some options to evaluate and go thru OTA's and camp. He's young, cheap, and has shown he can hang in the NFL. Nothing wrong with a signing like that.