• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow Trolls - JAX Edition

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough....lets just say that Meyer gets paid millions and has access to virtually unlimited resources....and we don't.

The idea that we are critiquing him is at least a little silly....observe and learn from the masters of the craft.
Time will tell how Urbs transitions to the NFL. Guys like Saban, Spurrier and the Chip Kelly's got their sacks kicked in, They can intimidate boys/men that get scholarships. Big difference when they are men who get paid millions. Urban doesn't seem to have that type of style, so might get the guys motivated

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just know when Tebow is 45, he will be trying out for the Miami Heat team. He wants to try everything, he will be the unsuccessful Jim Thorpe

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win you win a Heisman and an NFL Playoff game, and evidently are in excellent shape...and willing to tryout for the league minimum....and willing to switch positions...I really don't see any downside to adding him to the 90 man roster and seeing what happens for a few weeks. Teams cycle players on and off the 90 man all the time....Maybe he sticks, or maybe he ends up as some sort of assistant coach or team ambassador. Never a downside to developing goodwill with a great person.
Ok. If you ignore the fact Jags are out there selling his jersey. How many of these other Jags can you buy their jersey? This is strictly pr stunt

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Tebow brings some offensive juice to the Jags? Gotta ask. What kinda juice?

200.gif

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got blackballed from the NFL for being too talented. No, It's true!
I actually wished BB utilized him here in some capacity, wildcat or something. I mean inside the 5 yard line, this guy is so strong and tough to bring down.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet on Urban Meyer failing....He has had an incredibly successful career. And I would trust his judgement on Tebow over random internet troll. Not to mention he knows more than we do. He has seen Tebow's workout and talked to him. You haven't.

Again, what is the downside in taking a look see at really just about anybody? Tebow could be gone in two weeks if he is as bad as you think. No downside into cycling every guy with potential thru the 90 man and see what you learn.

The NFL isn't CFB, ask Nick Saban. College success doesn't mean NFL success. Take your Tebow blinders off. Only a true Tebow fan-boy would call someone an internet troll for no other reason than we have different opinions on him.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL isn't CFB, ask Nick Saban. College success doesn't mean NFL success. Take your Tebow blinders off. Only a true Tebow fan-boy would call someone an internet troll for no other reason than we have different opinions on him.
Many people don't seem to get risk management. There is simply no downside risk in inviting any player to your 90 man roster with a non-guaranteed contract. You bring em in. Work em out. Assess. and take it from there. Just about every NFL team is continuously cycling any player they can lay there hands on through a 90 man roster spot at one point or another. You can't lose....you can only win.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have had success with neither college or pro football I assume. I also suspect you don't employ a scouting staff or a couple dozen assistant coaches? And I assume you haven't see Tebow work out or spoke with him?

Do you understand why I would trust Meyer over you?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have had success with neither college or pro football I assume. I also suspect you don't employ a scouting staff or a couple dozen assistant coaches? And I assume you haven't see Tebow work out or spoke with him?

It's odd you want to ignore than Tebow hasn't been in the league since 2012. Wonder why that is? And you choose to ignore that no other teams picked him up until his college coach got to the the NFL.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@megalodon30 get yours before they run out, I just reduced their inventory by a dozen I ordered

I'm not buyin' a Jags jersey. I was lucky enough to get a Tebow Broncos jersey a couple years after he left Denver for $5 bucks at a farmers market. Best five bucks I ever spent!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah! We could have Tebow running and Cam passing - wait WTF?
Not saying Tebow still has it, but he would have been fine when he was in NE. I guess you never watched him in FL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Tebow still has it, but he would have been fine when he was in NE. I guess you never watched him in FL
did not see him in Florida.
I honestly think the only reason he did not make it in NE was he was not willing to be flexible.
He was not to be our QB. We went with a guy named Brady.....

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did not see him in Florida.
I honestly think the only reason he did not make it in NE was he was not willing to be flexible.
He was not to be our QB. We went with a guy named Brady.....
Nobody was talking about him being the starting QB, not sure why you put the Brady comment in. In college 2,947 rushing yards, and 57 rushing touchdowns.. When he was in Denver he rushed for 12 tds. over 5 yards rushing avg, and a long of 40 yards. Payton in NO utilized Hill, that I believe Tebow could have been used the same way in NE. NO went with a guy named Brees.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was talking about him being the starting QB, not sure why you put the Brady comment in. In college 2,947 rushing yards, and 57 rushing touchdowns.. When he was in Denver he rushed for 12 tds. over 5 yards rushing avg, and a long of 40 yards. Payton in NO utilized Hill, that I believe Tebow could have been used the same way in NE. NO went with a guy named Brees.
When they let him go they did not ask us. We had to cut to 53 and other choices were made.....
Like alwats, some of those choices we regret.....

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In New England, he tried out and didn't make the team. He was given a chance, and when he left he graciously thanked the team for giving him a chance. No hysterics, no pouting, just a simple thank you.

Manners and politeness don't get you a spot on an NFL roster, but it's nice to see anyway.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got some stats mixed up. Tebow threw for 12 TD's & ran for 6. But he also had a league leading 14 fumbles (along with 6 int's) in 11 games as the starter (played in 14 games total) and only completed 46.5% of his passes.

On the plus side he did complete 75% of his passes the following year with the Jets. Just shocking after he completed 75% of his passes in a season no team wanted him as their QB.

^^^^^^^^^

sarcasm2.gif