• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow just gives you nothing as a passer. Plus I think he's tried to tweak his motion so much that he's reached the point of not even being able to pull the trigger. I mean guys can be running college open in front of him yet he pulls it down and runs?!?! Plus to me it looks like he's no better than a 4.8 - 4.9 guy at this point in his career ... I see zero explosion when he runs. Sure he's gained a few runs in pre-season when teams could care less about spying on a QB, but that's not saying much. I mean if we want a #3 who can run we may as well bring back Michael Vick.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 pages on Tebow huh…lol. You guys crack me up. It's threads like this why I blocked DPD a month or so ago -- I'm sure he's keeping this thing going with some random Tebow stats. I can't tell if he's trolling us, or if he actually believes the stuff he says.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 pages on Tebow huh…lol. You guys crack me up. It's threads like this why I blocked DPD a month or so ago -- I'm sure he's keeping this thing going with some random Tebow stats. I can't tell if he's trolling us, or if he actually believes the stuff he says.

It was a distraction. I am pretty sure that is why Wings started the thread. Even after we had pre-season games it was still slightly boring here :D

So while a Tebow debate does not make any sense it did provide a little entertainment.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it's Bird talk ... this forum had been dead since early May. I'm ready for any football talk! :)

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is Tebow "football" talk :D

Let's talk about our nasty front 7! Our stud ILB duo of Kendricks and Kiko! Our revamped secondary! Our nasty 3 headed monster at RB, that has a chance to put up some sick total rushing numbers. Our young stud WRs like Matthews and Agholor -- and another potential key role player in Huff, who by the way I think surprises a lot of of people…granted he starts catching the ball cleanly, dude is a great YAC player. Trey Burton another player who has a real nice future for us -- excited for Ertz to come back from his injury as well! Oh, and our potential franchise QB gun slinging Sammy Bradford! That's real football talk -- not Jesus telling Tebow to run the ball instead of throwing to wide open WRs :pound:

All in good fun though. I'm pumped for this season!!!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Vick is going to sign with the Steelers today, as reports say.

I wish we had him here behind Bradford. Why not? Cut Tebow, and trade Barkley for a 5th round pick, or so.
Let vick and Sanchez battle it out for the #2 QB.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also need to understand that the 47% is partially a product of the offensive design. Look at the typical offensive design of say Kurt Warner and the greatest show on Turf. Warner would drop back. Look for Bruce or Holt, and if they were covered, he would swing the ball out to the flat for Marshall Faulk.

In 1999 in his first year, Warner completed 325/499 for 4353 yards and a 65% completion rate. 87 of those completions were to Faulk for 1048 yards. The vast majority of those passes were third read dump offs after his primary reads were covered. If Warner were a running QB (like Teobw), he may have opted to run himself on those situations, but he would have ended up with fewer passing yards and a lower passing percentage by about 7 points.

Tebow is essentially his own Marshall Faulk dump off pass, and while very effective overall, it makes his passing statistics look much worse. His 122 runs in 2011, it he were to have dumped off to a RB instead, would have raised his completion percentage into the 60s.

Now that is alot of what if, and if Tebow was better at short passes (and not as good at running), it would be more ideal to be Kurt Warner, but the point is that he was effective in what he did in an unusual way that is not fully accounted for when you take a look at passing statistics only.

Most running QBs have the same statistical anomaly going for them. Vick completed 44% of his passes as a rookie. Randall Cunningham 42%. When your your own dump off option, it hurts your passing statistics.
bullshit.jpg

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD you haven't provided one fact to back your pathetic argument yet. Tim Tebow Sucks, that is why he has been out of football for two years. That my friend, is a FACT.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD you haven't provided one fact to back your pathetic argument yet. Tim Tebow Sucks, that is why he has been out of football for two years. That my friend, is a FACT.

lol. 5 pages full of cogent facts on the career of Tim Tebow. We wouldn't be discussing this for as long as we have if their wasn't a fair argument on both sides. The argument is far from pathetic. You are correct on your fact as well, but you weaken your position by stating that I haven't been factual.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record I have never bash Tebow except for his actual play at the NFL QB. I honestly can't think of a QB playing in the NFL right now (starters and backups) that Tebow can supplant.
Are you really an Eagles fan? :dhd:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Chip Kelly eagerly signed him to a contract. Maybe you should be critical of the head coach.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Chip Kelly eagerly signed him to a contract. Maybe you should be critical of the head coach.
Ahhhhh but he did so when they changed the extra point....he looks at him as a gadget play/wildcat style QB....however, he has shown he flat out just sucks, and he lost a step perhaps two of speed.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. 5 pages full of cogent facts on the career of Tim Tebow. We wouldn't be discussing this for as long as we have if their wasn't a fair argument on both sides. The argument is far from pathetic. You are correct on your fact as well, but you weaken your position by stating that I haven't been factual.
DPD you are the only person saying the dude doesn't suck....That in itself should tell ya something....Maybe you just have a man crush on the dude....dump the bitch and make the switch maybe? :nutswing:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhhh but he did so when they changed the extra point....he looks at him as a gadget play/wildcat style QB....however, he has shown he flat out just sucks, and he lost a step perhaps two of speed.
Tebow is the same type of QB he has always been. Why defend Kelly?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD you are the only person saying the dude doesn't suck....That in itself should tell ya something....Maybe you just have a man crush on the dude....dump the bitch and make the switch maybe? :nutswing:

So now you think being right is a popularity contest?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings.. This was you with drafting Periman..:dhd:

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Your out of facts again, so back to the cartoons.
Nope. I know that there's nothing on this side of reality that you will accept. Its like arguing with a conspiracy theorist. Therefore i point and laugh.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not defending Kelly....I think Kelly wanted a scrambling QB to go for 2....simple as that.

Chip has said nothing to that effect. You and a few dumb writers made that up. If Tebow could beat out Barkley he'd be the regular 3rd string QB. Why would you want a guy that "can't throw" to be the 2 pt QB? Why not just hike it straight to Murray?

The only one's pathetic here are the haters. Dpd is rooting for a player on the Eagles to succeed. You are rooting for a player on the Eagles to fail. That's pathetic.