• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams that won't make the playoffs

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you're welcome to chime in what what you think they need to do, or where you think I'm wrong

AFC
Miami - Not really sure what the issue is. It might be QB, mostly cuz Tua can't seem to stay on the field. They also need some better players on both lines.
Jets - They have a D and that should be their identity is a strong D and don't turn it over. Young QB that got hurt, not sure if he's the guy either.
Houston - How about an actual owner and NFL front office...that would be where I'd start
Jax - No historical identity, but they seem to need players all over on both sides of the ball.

NFC
Washington - How about an owner that doesn't believe he's a better NFL guy than the guys he hires. An actual NFL QB would be a good add
NYG - When their good they have a great D. They haven't had one of those for a while
Chicago - A coach that isn't worthless, their D seemed to get old overnight and when they're good, they have a good D. Not sure their GM has done a good job either
Detroit - Get rid of Goff and get some talent at all levels.
Atlanta - They keep drafting skill players and teams kick their ass with toughness in the trenches week after week. If they can get something for Ryan, I'd trade him and try to get some toughness back into the team
Seattle - Speaking of D's that got old and lost a lot of talent they didn't replace... As an added bonus, they've had 5 years to address their oline, and they keep plugging in jouneymen and late round picks.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers trying really hard to force me not to say they're not making the playoffs. Interception as I type this.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver; absolutely no chance of the playoffs this year, and most likely next as well.

Skinsfan21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you're welcome to chime in what what you think they need to do, or where you think I'm wrong

AFC
Miami - Not really sure what the issue is. It might be QB, mostly cuz Tua can't seem to stay on the field. They also need some better players on both lines.
Jets - They have a D and that should be their identity is a strong D and don't turn it over. Young QB that got hurt, not sure if he's the guy either.
Houston - How about an actual owner and NFL front office...that would be where I'd start
Jax - No historical identity, but they seem to need players all over on both sides of the ball.

NFC
Washington - How about an owner that doesn't believe he's a better NFL guy than the guys he hires. An actual NFL QB would be a good add
NYG - When their good they have a great D. They haven't had one of those for a while
Chicago - A coach that isn't worthless, their D seemed to get old overnight and when they're good, they have a good D. Not sure their GM has done a good job either
Detroit - Get rid of Goff and get some talent at all levels.
Atlanta - They keep drafting skill players and teams kick their ass with toughness in the trenches week after week. If they can get something for Ryan, I'd trade him and try to get some toughness back into the team
Seattle - Speaking of D's that got old and lost a lot of talent they didn't replace... As an added bonus, they've had 5 years to address their oline, and they keep plugging in jouneymen and late round picks.
I wouldn’t throw Washington in just yet. Taylor seems to get better every week

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are done … No chance, we’re a mess right now, the rebuilding has started …

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a little early to write off Wash and Atl as theyre only a game out . Especially Wash since tgeyre playing better and still have Philly twice

I agree with your take on Atlanta. Our problem is the trenches and has been for 4 years. Weve tried addressing it in the draft and FA. Just missed on everyone but Lindstrom

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons remind me a bit of the end of Drew Bledsoe's career. Ryan is still a good QB but he needs to be either in Cleveland or Indianapolis. I think he'd get crushed behind any other oline and is certainly getting crushed behind his.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not going to really disagree with much here but we have spent high round picks on OL, they just were whiffs and didn't/haven't played up to expectations in the slightest...Ifedi (1st Round); Pocic (2nd Round); Lewis (3rd Round)... None of them panned out... And then last year, we only had 3 total picks... And our first pick (Eskridge) rarely even plays or sees the ball come his direction... We did send a 5th rounder last year for Gabe Jackson so it's not like we haven't tried to address the OL... Scouting and Coaches have obviously done a bad job...

... but yeah, we're done... We're not making the postseason... We're just a bad football team...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...what issues do they need to address?
QB play and the OL are two giants that loom large. They're bad enough they need the rest of their team to be almost perfect at times to win. I just don't see it with them this year with Ben looking kinda washed up out there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB play and the OL are two giants that loom large. They're bad enough they need the rest of their team to be almost perfect at times to win. I just don't see it with them this year with Ben looking kinda washed up out there.
Steelers lack of attention towards their oline is still the most baffling strategy of last offseason. If the Chiefs had the same level of neglect we'd be like 2-9 right now. No idea how a team can intentionally ignore something like that, tbh. PFF has their oline ranked 28th going into last week. Can't be a defensive team and have an oline like that because they'll just make the other team look like they have the Steelers defense, too.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of these teams need to look at how Indy built their team and get the oline in order first. Now I know it's easier said than done and some have had bad luck due to injuries but we see all these skill position guys getting drafted or signed or traded for while the QBs spend half the game on their back looking up at the stars. Pitt, Seattle, Atlanta all teams that haven't addressed this need.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of these teams need to look at how Indy built their team and get the oline in order first. Now I know it's easier said than done and some have had bad luck due to injuries but we see all these skill position guys getting drafted or signed or traded for while the QBs spend half the game on their back looking up at the stars. Pitt, Seattle, Atlanta all teams that haven't addressed this need.
It depends on how you do it. Houston tried going heavily into Oline and now they have nothing. Not sure Indy is going to ever make it to a Super Bowl with how they are built, either.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers lack of attention towards their oline is still the most baffling strategy of last offseason. If the Chiefs had the same level of neglect we'd be like 2-9 right now. No idea how a team can intentionally ignore something like that, tbh. PFF has their oline ranked 28th going into last week. Can't be a defensive team and have an oline like that because they'll just make the other team look like they have the Steelers defense, too.
It's a bit remarkable how good KC's OL has been when you think about it from a distance. There's no rational reason a team bringing in 5 new OL probably isn't some kind of mess.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit remarkable how good KC's OL has been when you think about it from a distance. There's no rational reason a team bringing in 5 new OL probably isn't some kind of mess.
Wylie stinks but other than that it is pretty impressive.

Plan A was Trent Williams. Orlando Brown has been a good plan B. Not sure they ever imagined Creed Humphrey would fall to them. Sometimes adapting to your environment is all a GM can do

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how you do it. Houston tried going heavily into Oline and now they have nothing. Not sure Indy is going to ever make it to a Super Bowl with how they are built, either.
In Indy's case, I would say the sudden retirement of Andrew Luck set them back considerably. Brissett, Rivers, Wentz. Add the best of what all 3 have to offer and it still isn't as good as a healthy Luck. Of course, healthy being the key word. Sadly, they addressed the Oline when the horse had already left the barn, so to speak.