• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TE?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I don't know a thing about this TE. But taking one in round 2 is to me stupid. TE's are a luxury position. Again w/out having seen him play, i think this is a horrible pick when there are clear holes in the defense.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I don't know a thing about this TE. But taking one in round 2 is to me stupid. TE's are a luxury position. Again w/out having seen him play, i think this is a horrible pick when there are clear holes in the defense.
I'm a little surprised. I'm guessing they think he can be a weapon in the passing game. We definitely need someone there. I kind of have the same thinking as you though. Unless this guy becomes a Gronk, Graham, or Gates, they could've used the pick on a better player. I think our need for a cornerback was answered in free agency, but we could've used a safety, dlineman, or olineman much more than a TE project. At least we got a player in the second round that we are most assuredly going to see playing next year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised. I'm guessing they think he can be a weapon in the passing game. We definitely need someone there. I kind of have the same thinking as you though. Unless this guy becomes a Gronk, Graham, or Gates, they could've used the pick on a better player. I think our need for a cornerback was answered in free agency, but we could've used a safety, dlineman, or olineman much more than a TE project.

Everyone mentions Gronk. Gronk is so important the Patriots won the superbowl without him. TE's are a wasted pick this high.

Pace is starting to irk me.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone mentions Gronk. Gronk is so important the Patriots won the superbowl without him. TE's are a wasted pick this high.

I would definitely take Gronk with that pick. Wouldn't you?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't have been where I went with the No. 2, but maybe they see something special in him. They have obviously done some deep homework, as this was on no one's radar.

As someone stated, Pace is either a genius, or a water-wing wearing retard. Last year's draft had a few raised eyebrows, but turned out pretty well. I was shocked when they went up to get Kwiatkostki, but he actually seems like he could end up a stud. Obviously, Floyd, Whitehair and Howard were pretty excellent picks.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, because I really liked last year's draft.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'6 277 TE that can block like a T and is very fluid and a real red zone threat. Some of the talking heads said he should of been the third TE overall. Why TE? I guess BPA on Paces list.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The discrepancy in New England's offensive numbers with and without Gronk over the past few years is pretty drastic.

Is he the most important player on their team? Of course not. When you have arguably the GOAT QB, you can overcome a lot of roadblocks and injuries. However, if you don't think Gronk changes football games, I don't know what to tell ya...

Now, is this kid Gronk? Lol, of course that would be absurd to say. However, prior to that pick, we lacked ANY kind of red zone target and in turn... we've had a horrific red zone offense the past couple of seasons. This pick can clearly make the team better. Which is the goal... no?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I like the Gronk comparisons... But just checked out this kids twitter feed. And he's....an idiot. Truly. Not. Bright...
I know he's very young (something we fans always forget about our sports heroes)
Tweets about: Burritos, misogynistic rap, anti-Obama, and guns... Lovely. :L
I know it's just me showing my age...but it's not promising as to his intellect- granted, if he can catch td passes and run over some tiny DB's. I'll cheer for him. And nobody ever claimed Gronk was a Rhodes Scholar.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I like the Gronk comparisons... But just checked out this kids twitter feed. And he's....an idiot. Truly. Not. Bright...
I know he's very young (something we fans always forget about our sports heroes)
Tweets about: Burritos, misogynistic rap, anti-Obama, and guns... Lovely. :L
I know it's just me showing my age...but it's not promising as to his intellect- granted, if he can catch td passes and run over some tiny DB's. I'll cheer for him. And nobody ever claimed Gronk was a Rhodes Scholar.

I like burritos. I like beches and hoes. Obama can suck my left nut, and guns are awesome. Lulz

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, is this kid Gronk? Lol, of course that would be absurd to say. However, prior to that pick, we lacked ANY kind of red zone target and in turn... we've had a horrific red zone offense the past couple of seasons. This pick can clearly make the team better. Which is the goal... no?

You could make this overly generalized statement of any position.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make this overly generalized statement of any position.

That having an elite player at any position could help the team? Yes, I could.

Having a top player at any position CERTAINLY could help ANY team. Very good observation.