• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taz updated offseason Plan

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put out a plan right after the last game of the year. Now that the combine is over and free agency is upon us I have updated it.

Cuts - Casey and Heremens are already gone saving the club 6.8 million, add that to the ~19 mill they were already under the cap and they have plent of money to spend.

Additional Cuts - Trent Cole (saving 8.5 mill), Demeco Ryans (6.9) and Cary Williams (6.5 savings)

That leaves the Eagles with holes but almost 50 million in cap room.

Resign
1. Jeremy Maclin - 5yrs 60 mill 20 mill in guarantees 7 mill cap hit this year.

Free Agency
1. Byron Maxwell - This guy is going to get over paid but so be it. They must come away with him. 5yrs 60 million 20 mill in guarantees 7 mill cap hit this year (back loaded contract)

2. Stephen Wisnewski OG/C Oakland - Plug and play at RG can also backup at center in case Kelce gets hurt. 5yrs 30mill 15 mill in guarantees. 4 mill cap hit this year

3. Jason Worlids OLB Pitt - I think they would have signed him last year. Is an upgrade over Cole. 4yrs 40 million 15 million in gurantees. 8 mill cap hit

4. Kareem Jackson CB Houston - Eagles seem to love getting players from Houston. Jackson may not be Chips ideal height but he can flat out play. 3yrs 30 million, 15 mill in guarantees. 8 mill cap hit this year.

5. Rahim Moore S Denver - Not alot of safeties available but having his former DB coach here could help. I think he is inthe Malcom Jenkins mold. 4yrs 24 million 10mil in gurantees. 6 mill cap hit

5 pro bowl to border line pro bowl players. 40 mill in cap hits. Still leaves us with some money.

The Draft

#20 - Trade Back - Not UP - Forget the Mariota stuff this team has too many needs, but they are also sitting in no mans land at 20. The two top 20 defensive backs will be gone, No QB is worth 20. I think the WR that would be worth 20 will be gone. The strength is most likely defensive or offensive line. Green Bay pops up to 20 gives up their 2nd round pick to do it

#30 - From GB - Eric Kendricks ILB - Team him with is brother and we have a dynamic inside linebacker tandem.
#52 - Bret Hundley QB - Yes I think he will be there in round 2. He is a bit of a project but he wont need to start this year, he is behind Foles this year. If Foles proves he is the man, you have a very good backup. If not Hundely steps in 2016
#62 - Jake Fisher OT Oregon - Chip gets his Oregon guy
#84 - Tony Lippett WR MS - Another big wide out for Chip
#110- Ifo Ekpre Olomu Oregon - CB that is hurt, but he stashes him first round talent
#116- David Cobb RB - Good chance Chris Polk is gone, This will most likely be Shadys last year.
#148 - Adrian Amos S - Depth Depth depth
#180 - Byrce Hager ILB - For us old guys we remember his Dad playing for us. We need depth at linebacker
#212 - Eric Lefeld OG/OT - Flyer type pick

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put out a plan right after the last game of the year. Now that the combine is over and free agency is upon us I have updated it.

Cuts - Casey and Heremens are already gone saving the club 6.8 million, add that to the ~19 mill they were already under the cap and they have plent of money to spend.

Additional Cuts - Trent Cole (saving 8.5 mill), Demeco Ryans (6.9) and Cary Williams (6.5 savings)

Resign

Free Agency
1. Byron Maxwell - This guy is going to get over paid but so be it. They must come away with him. 5yrs 60 million 20 mill in guarantees 7 mill cap hit this year (back loaded contract)

2. Stephen Wisnewski OG/C Oakland - Plug and play at RG can also backup at center in case Kelce gets hurt. 5yrs 30mill 15 mill in guarantees. 4 mill cap hit this year

3. Jason Worlids OLB Pitt - I think they would have signed him last year. Is an upgrade over Cole. 4yrs 40 million 15 million in gurantees. 8 mill cap hit

4. Kareem Jackson CB Houston - Eagles seem to love getting players from Houston. Jackson may not be Chips ideal height but he can flat out play. 3yrs 30 million, 15 mill in guarantees. 8 mill cap hit this year.

5. Rahim Moore S Denver - Not alot of safeties available but having his former DB coach here could help. I think he is inthe Malcom Jenkins mold. 4yrs 24 million 10mil in gurantees. 6 mill cap hit

5 pro bowl to border line pro bowl players. 40 mill in cap hits. Still leaves us with some money.

The Draft

#20 - Trade Back - Not UP - Forget the Mariota stuff this team has too many needs, but they are also sitting in no mans land at 20. The two top 20 defensive backs will be gone, No QB is worth 20. I think the WR that would be worth 20 will be gone. The strength is most likely defensive or offensive line. Green Bay pops up to 20 gives up their 2nd round pick to do it

#30 - From GB - Eric Kendricks ILB - Team him with is brother and we have a dynamic inside linebacker tandem.
#52 - Bret Hundley QB - Yes I think he will be there in round 2. He is a bit of a project but he wont need to start this year, he is behind Foles this year. If Foles proves he is the man, you have a very good backup. If not Hundely steps in 2016
#110- Ifo Ekpre Olomu Oregon - CB that is hurt, but he stashes him first round talent
#116- David Cobb RB - Good chance Chris Polk is gone, This will most likely be Shadys last year.
#180 - Byrce Hager ILB - For us old guys we remember his Dad playing for us. We need depth at linebacker

I'm not as big a Kendricks guy in our system as the rest of you, the rest of your plan I like. I think Kendricks is a 4-3 MLB.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Resign

Free Agency

The Draft

How can I not like this, Taz? Good ideas, but not likely to happen, not with Howie still here.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP.. What about Graham? You didn't figure him in the picture? I can't imagine the Eagles just letting him go, but who knows?

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Resign

Free Agency

The Draft

Love it! I love the trade down. Love the Kendricks pick. Love the WR pick.

My only fear is that we won't be that aggressive in free agency.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it! I love the trade down. Love the Kendricks pick. Love the WR pick.

My only fear is that we won't be that aggressive in free agency.

Oh Contrare', my friend. I think Chip goes all out in free agency, so he can trade multiple picks to get Mariota.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope you're right. I just need to actually see it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is simply no way we can afford that many free agents.

On the draft, I like Kendricks and could see him as an ILB for us because we have a pretty big, stout defensive front covering him up. He's smaller than Mychal, who is himself undersized, but those guys would be excellent in coverage/chase roles, and the idea of the Kendricks Brothers at ILB does sound super cool to me.

Tampabirdsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a great offseason. It's almost the same exact plan I had in mind. Only differences are that I'd be restructuring Demeco as he can still bring leadership to this D and mentor the lb we draft. I also don't think Hundley gets through the early second round, so he would have to be the pick at 30. We could still probably get Mckinney or Perryman in the second. I'd also be going a little cheaper at CB and sign Cromartie. I think someone is going to way over pay Maxwell. Lastly, I would look to trade Vinny Curry for an early 3rd. I really like him as a player but he doesn't fit this system and will be gone after next year anyway.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than Hundley, I'd rather go for Grayson or Bennett in the mid rounds.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't even close to enough money for Maclin.

And If we want Fisher we'll likely have to do it in the first round.

Overall the additions are right what we need. Going to be tough to sign 2 of the top CBs though. Nearly every team needs them.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two Oregon guys after definitely on the radar. I would sign Jackson over Maxwell and maybe even restructure Cary for two.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone read the latest mock on BGN where it shows the Eagles dealing Shady to move for MM? I should have posted the link. It's on BGN. Pretty interesting stuff.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old news. Pat Kirwin started that one.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine who is a Raiders fan thinks they like Latavious Murray enough to let McFadden walk as expected. But he doesn't see them being in the market for another veteran back, not when they want Murray to get his shot.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as big a Kendricks guy in our system as the rest of you, the rest of your plan I like. I think Kendricks is a 4-3 MLB.

I think he fits perfect in what Chip likes to do, he likes flexiblity. You can interchange the Kendricks brothers at times. Biggest concern I would have is his size, but he seems like he has no problems in traffic and tackles well.