• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tatis suspended for 80 games

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch. I guess he was trying to rush back into the lineup now that they made all those moves.

No link but it is on Twitter

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. They gave up all those players for Soto thinking Tatis would be there with him. Those two controlled years the Padres thought they would have Soto will now be wasted for the most part.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No padres big 3? Say it aint so

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the punishment for a first offense? That seems pretty harsh

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts need to have a null and void clause for this exact reason.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dunce

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts need to have a null and void clause for this exact reason.
Baseball is full of con job contracts because of the guaranteed nature of them. Whatever happened to Albert Belle?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is full of con job contracts because of the guaranteed nature of them. Whatever happened to Albert Belle?
Joe mauer gained 21 pounds in the off-season after he signed his contract. He showed up so overweight and out of shape that we had no choice but to accept his demands to be moved to 1st base, because the weight was too damaging on his knees to play catcher. What could the twins do? It was all guaranteed tho, they had to try and abide by his demands. He never worked out again with the team. He eventually demanded to be a God damn pinch hitter, which he failed at since he stopped caring years before. He is the perfect example of what can go wrong once you guarantee someone a life changing amount of money.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe mauer gained 21 pounds in the off-season after he signed his contract. He showed up so overweight and out of shape that we had no choice but to accept his demands to be moved to 1st base, because the weight was too damaging on his knees to play catcher. What could the twins do? It was all guaranteed tho, they had to try and abide by his demands. He never worked out again with the team. He eventually demanded to be a God damn pinch hitter, which he failed at since he stopped caring years before. He is the perfect example of what can go wrong once you guarantee someone a life changing amount of money.
It’s a tough call which pro sports league has the worst (strongest) union. MLB or NBA. The trend is towards a mix of extremely long contracts where a guy in his early 20s signs a mega deal where he plays until he’s theoretically 40, or else a bunch of journeyman contracts where someone plays 1-2 years only before moving onto the next team.

What I’m most impressed with is that the number of deferred deals is on the rise. Where owners are getting the money from is a mystery. Presumably television, though it’s not clear viewership / sponsorship is keeping up with roster price.

I guess Tatis is following the Mauer model; about the only thing these guys should be doing to justify their hefty contracts, is to stay healthy. But of course, since they don’t really have to, they don’t.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of taking PEDs is to be better at your job, dumb dumbs.

But by all means don’t let that stop you from bitching.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, and then a full season for the 2nd offense.

This fucking sucks.
Yeah I just think if there is any truth to the ringworm medication thing they could maybe investigate it and possibly reduce it if they found it to be true. Like if it was prescribed by a reputable doctor and he just was too dumb to ask the doctor all the ingredients or something. I'm not sure if going full zero tolerance on these guys is the best thing.
On the other hand I have no idea if mlb does look into these things before issuing a suspension so maybe they are performing due diligence.
Also baseball players are notorious liars, so who knows how much truth there is to the ringworm excuse.

It does suck though. He was one of the best players in the game.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. I never realized that's how it went down with him. It seemed like his hitting took a dive when he went to 1b/dh. I guess that could have been the weight gain.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. I never realized that's how it went down with him. It seemed like his hitting took a dive when he went to 1b/dh. I guess that could have been the weight gain.
He wouldn't even work out with the team. Several of his teammates were questioning him on his commitment (most notably Justin morneau) to the team and he just took his ball and went home. One of the bigger bitches in sports history.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ringworm???

What is he ...a 4 month old Puppy?

that's his story, not mine. I'm not even sure what ringworm is but you're right it sounds like something your dog would get.