• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tangradi, Hutchinson to WBS

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know why I am posting this in the black hole... I still don;t understand why Pens fans don't post team topics here.. not everyone cares about the Pens... OK I'm done with that.

Sounds as though Asham will get into the line-up on Wed. And Staal must not be too far behind either.

Coach says Letestu may be used as a winger on the top #2 lines once Staal gets back... we'll see how that works out.

Hopefully in WBS Tangradi will learn to use his big frame... it's been a long time since I have seen a north American with his size play in a skirt... di dhe check anyone?... did he win any puck battles along the boards? He wasn;t even used on the PP as the big man in front... I still have high hopes for this kid, but so far, nothing but a disappointment.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why it is a black hole but I guess since a lot post on the main board...oh well...
I am not shocked by the moves. As for Tangradi he did play well but didn't produce the numbers and yeah no PP time killed that. NOt sure why he wasn't used either.

As for the boards he played pretty hard and every time I saw when he went into the corner he seemed to come out with the Puck almost everytime. Also for Rookies he was #2 in hits with 18. So he was playing gritty but with the winger who didn't need to clear waivers we all know he was the first to be moved.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not shock by any moves either... Tangradi didn't have to clear waivers, so it was a no brainer...

Sports are funny how two people can watch the same game and come away with two different opinions. To me, the reason he lost his spot on the PP is that he didn't prove he deserved to be on the ice. 1 G, 1A playing most time with Malkin are not good stats... there is a reason he got demoted to the 4th line... he was not producing anything. I completely disagree with the statement he came away with the puck most of the time along the boards, rarely, if ever (ok not never), did he win any battles along the boards, and in 9 games, 18 hits... 2 hits per game for a 6'4'' 215 lb guy is satisfactory to you, we have different opinions on what it means to be a power forward as well.

No forecheck, not strong along the boards are the reasons he lost his PP spot and got demoted to the 4th line. If he was playing well, why demote him?

Now, when Staal gets cleared, I hope Goddard gets the boot. It's a roster spot the Pens no longer need. Esp when Rupp stepped up and fought Shelley the other night. Engelland is more than capable of protecting guys if need be as well.

Mark my word, when a WBS forward call up is needed, it will not be Tangradi. Someone else deserves that chance now.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I never said he was playing great. I actually kind of agree with you and since he wasn't playing great he was going to be sent down. If he put up Letestu #'s then I bet Goddard would have been waived.

In the corners I think he was above average and you thought he was below avg so it probably is a happy medium somewhere between.

With the hits that is such a hard thing to judge because if you get to the puck first or your team has control of the puck the number of hits goes down. Also I wasn't saying he did good but per other rookies he was #2.
On the PP he should have been taking space in front of the net that's why he lost the time.
Back to Goddard he is worthless with Engelland staying around. When the top 5 d-men are healthy you don't need more than 8 - 12 minutes a game from Engelland which is 100% more valuable than 4 minutes of Goddard.

Johnson, Jeffrey, Tangradi, maybe Wallace. If a C goes down it will be Jeffrey. I just hope they don't call up Chris Connor over any of them!

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First off... thank you for posting in this Penguin section.

Second, I guess Goddard may not lose a roster a spot.. I read when Asham, Staal and Michalek come back, the Pens would be at the limit of NHL roster spots. For some reason, I thought the Pens would be one over the limit.

I agree, no more Connor call-ups, he'll better serve the team in the AHL being a type of mentor to the younger guys... add Joe Vitale to list of possible call-ups... Jeffery would get the first nod I think. He is a center, but played, I think, all year on the wing last year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. I seen you asking why no one posts here so I figured to help you out. :)

Honestly I forgot about Vitale.
The big problem is that the one with the most potential is Tangradi so if he doesn't work out then they are super thin at winger prospects on top of the NHL level.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Penvo. I got the invite last month not sure if anyone else got it but sure why not. At least here you don't have to deal with the 5 year old boys. Not sure how to send an invite though from this site.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very infrequently posted on the Pens board "over there", so it'll take me some getting used to coming over to the homer side of things. :) But I sure do want to help keep things going over here.

I usually just make a cryptic post telling someone to check their profile messages, and make a private message on their profile, if you know how to do that.