• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tailgate/Camp Bristol Thread

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see a thread for this so figured I would post one about the actual event, where people are, what tailgates may be cool, etc.

I will be there for the game this weekend and bringing the in-laws RV and should be down there about Thursday mid day. Is anyone else going? I saw this as far as things to do and have linked it in...
Events for September 7 - September 8 Events

Also I think there are shuttles running to downtown on Friday and maybe Thursday which will be nice for the Brewfest.

'Zete

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats the word on tickets sales for this game?

I just don't see how these two programs can fill that capacity.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is it to sit in the nosebleed sections?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got free tickets to this through my wife's work so i am not sure of the cost. I know they are good seats from the view they sent us - near first row 50 yrd line in one of the racing sections. All we had to do was pony up for the camping spot or parking pass.

Most are going for the environment / game day anyways. I will record the game and if VT wins watch it.

If anyone is camping and knows of some crazy tailgates though let me know. I heard one guy got a permit to bring in some sort of above ground pool. Weird but crazy.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats the word on tickets sales for this game?

I just don't see how these two programs can fill that capacity.

The game is sold out. Each school was given 40k, which were completely sold out in a couple days.

Buddy of mine bought his 2 weeks ago on the secondary market for $250 per. Cheapest to get in on stubhub right now is $136.

Not sure I get why you don't see how the programs can fill the capacity. Both have pretty significantly large, traveling fanbases and regardless of the site, this is an opponent (at least VT fans) have wanted to play for a long time.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any you yahoos that are there, remember to take pictures with your phones and forward 'em over here so we can partake, if you will, the environment.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bout 2 1/2 -3 hr drive from my house but havnt been to thunder valley in years. Is the red barn still there?

Used to be able to race bicycles at Bristol and it was a good race but place sucks since they changed the track imo. Boring, but I am interested to see what the game is going to look like. I think both fan bases will represent well and will fill it up just fine, if for no other reason the novelty factor.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The event where the setting is more exciting than the actual game... until you get there and it looks like ants decided to pick up football.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is sold out. Each school was given 40k, which were completely sold out in a couple days.

Buddy of mine bought his 2 weeks ago on the secondary market for $250 per. Cheapest to get in on stubhub right now is $136.

Not sure I get why you don't see how the programs can fill the capacity. Both have pretty significantly large, traveling fanbases and regardless of the site, this is an opponent (at least VT fans) have wanted to play for a long time.
Why? You can watch at home AND the added benefit of actually seeing the action for free?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read an article saying capacity could be upwards of 200k.

Just observing the commute from TN to CT. Long way for fans.