• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T-Shirt Design

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason...what are you gonna do?

Ok, I need to tell a story. It is on topic, kind of.

I teach at a very small charter school in OKC. Our music program started a steel drum band a few years back and they have have gotten better every year. This past fall they sent an audition video in to the Sugar Bowl for their halftime show. Long story short (too late), Pandemic, our steel drum band, became the first non-marching band to be selected to perform at a BCS game. They now need to raise $35,000 to make the trip (don't worry, this is NOT a request for funds!). Part of that fundraising effort is selling ads in the band's program. I bought a one line $10 ad. I'm now thinking of putting my ad on a t-shirt and selling them to OU fans here at school. What do you think?

Crimson shirt, while lettering

Pandemic: More Sugar Bowls than the OSU Cowboys!

Think it will sell?:suds:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I teach at a very small charter school in OKC. Our music program started a steel drum band a few years back and they have have gotten better every year. This past fall they sent an audition video in to the Sugar Bowl for their halftime show. Long story short (too late), Pandemic, our steel drum band, became the first non-marching band to be selected to perform at a BCS game. They now need to raise $35,000 to make the trip (don't worry, this is NOT a request for funds!). Part of that fundraising effort is selling ads in the band's program. I bought a one line $10 ad. I'm now thinking of putting my ad on a t-shirt and selling them to OU fans here at school. What do you think?

Have you contacted OU, I know it seems like college are serious in reference to copyright infringements?

Out of curiousity...what school?

Do you have an image you could post? Good luck!

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting on a proof from the printer. Not using anyone's logo so no copyright problems. The shirt is just crimson with white letters.

Santa Fe South Charter. I teach at the middle school, the band is from our high school.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting on a proof from the printer. Not using anyone's logo so no copyright problems. The shirt is just crimson with white letters.

Santa Fe South Charter. I teach at the middle school, the band is from our high school.

My friend's mom teachs there as well. Didn't you guys just win state in soccer?

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in double overtime to Poteau, I believe. Do you know the name of your Mom's friend?

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno.....isn't that damning with faint praise? Hell, Tulsa has more Sugar Bowls than OSU. :laugh3:

Seriously, good luck with the fund raising...if you get them off the ground send me a PM (that can be done here, right?) and I'll buy a couple. Or I will make a contribution if you don't get them off the ground.

Boomer Sooner

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Wardog. Appreciate it. Technically, the Cowboys have been to one Sugar Bowl, back in 1945. But back then they were the Oklahoma A&M Cowboys, so OSU has never been. I don't think this will come as a surprise to anyone, not one single Cowboy fan at work knows.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Shirts

Let me start by saying I don't usually do this. I don't even like selling when my son comes home with stuff from school but the kids in this band have busted their butts for years and are getting some national recognition.

Our band director has revived our T-Shirt program. A quick refresher for those interested. Five years ago the High School that I'm affiliated with (I teach/coach at the middle school) started a steel drum band. They have become the first non-marching band to be invited to a BCS bowl game EVER! Quite the accomplishment for a five year old group. In an effort to raise money for the trip ($35,000), I came up with a T-Shirt design. Unfortunately our first shipment was wiped out by the tornado in Moore. The band director has decided to try again. If you'd like a Pandemic Steel Band t-shirt with the tagline "More Sugar Bowls than the OSU Cowboys", they are $15.00. There is also a non-slam version of the shirt. If you are interested, the address is below. Make checks payable to Santa Fe South Middle School. I'll cover shipping. The address:

Santa Fe South Middle School
Attn: Rob Miles
4712 S. Santa Fe Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73109

Sizes from X-Small to 2XL.

Sorry if I've violated message board protocol or offended any OSU fans. Oh wait, strike the last half of that sentence.

Thanks for your time.

Pandemic%20Shirt%20-%20OSU%20Slam.jpg