• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T.J. Ward trade rumors

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have any Te's with trade value except Butt and he ain't going anywhere this year anyway. The wr 's other than projected starters would be hard to garnish a 7th rd pick . What would you give for Latimore or Sunshine based on their production up to this point ? Cash or 4th string Lb ? When you see some players you think are pretty decent going for 5-7 rd pk's, don't expect Denver to get some awesome trade with any of their " expendable " guys. It would take a DT or Sanders for example, to get Denver a 3rd and maybe a 5th in draft. Denver doesn't have any players on roster on O side of ball that make you go WOW ! That guy is game changer ! It's the reality. On D, obviously Von. Talib, Harris definitely get people to listen. Other than that, your prob looking 4-7 rd pick on rest of D. IMO of course :)

Player for player ..

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player for player ..
I get the optimism Crash but like I said above also, your prob going to get a similar talent on trade . Latimore for a PS player candidate at best. You never know though, that guy could fit a roll on ST, excel under new system/coaching ,etc. Your right though that someone's trash, could be another man's gold. Ya never know. Just be wary if a trade is made, you prob never heard of guy. ;)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not like Cleveland fans would know Latimore

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virgil Green has been mentioned/shopped. Won't get much in return, but some value nonetheless. Problem with our TE really is that we have some decent backups but not real true starter. Butt will hopefully be that guy down the line.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and for the record. I can call LGM names we have a mutual agreement. All things go.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: @MikeKlis says there is a 95% chance that T.J. Ward will be cut

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: @MikeKlis says there is a 95% chance that T.J. Ward will be cut

You're kidding right? I don't get the point in cutting him right now. But Brandon Marshall really appears to be putting some stuff out there that makes me think TJ Ward is gone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be left scatching me head at this one. One year left on his deal. What's the point? He and Elway must have really had some words???

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Denver reporting we are expected to part ways with TJ before cutdown day. Seems a little personal to me with Elway.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are also finding out that we REALLY REALLY like Jamal Carter (similar to Ward), and Simmons is ready to go.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and more Florida Gators suspensions coming too. What is this day coming to?

Half the team is going to be suspended by Saturday. But that is ok most teams have a cupecake week 1 right?

Oh wait.. Michigan. ;)

Fun times.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be left scatching me head at this one. One year left on his deal. What's the point? He and Elway must have really had some words???

Will Parks is highly coveted. Is younger and cheaper.

Ward's contract is expensive.

I guess Elway's thinking is that this move makes the Broncos younger and cheaper (for lack of a better word)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward has one year left on his deal. Why suddenly are we cutting him now after finding out he won't take a contract extension. IMO it has nothing to do with the contract he is under now.

We all like Will Parks, but the word is he hasn't had quite the most impressive camp, so I don't totally buy that logic either.

I think Elway won't reach Ward's demand and something went on between them during the negotiations. It will never come out but I truly believe that is the case here.

Why would you talk contract extension one minute and release the next? Why not just play it out until the off-season? You can always let him walk after the season. Why not? Something happened? It's clear to me. It wasn't about his current deal.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward has one year left on his deal. Why suddenly are we cutting him now after finding out he won't take a contract extension. IMO it has nothing to do with the contract he is under now.

We all like Will Parks, but the word is he hasn't had quite the most impressive camp, so I don't totally buy that logic either.

I think Elway won't reach Ward's demand and something went on between them during the negotiations. It will never come out but I truly believe that is the case here.

Why would you talk contract extension one minute and release the next? Why not just play it out until the off-season? You can always let him walk after the season. Why not? Something happened? It's clear to me. It wasn't about his current deal.

Well we would save about $4.5 million cutting him now bringing us up to around $15 million in cap space, perhaps Elway would rather go with the younger group of guys we have ready to go while getting some extra cap money. While not crazy money we could use that extra 4.5 to sign people like McManus or Todd Davis to extensions or give us more money in the off-season to sign another big name Offensive or Defensive Lineman.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Elway is just thinking about what's best for the team.

Releasing Ward frees up a bunch of cap space. And if Elway thinks this Parks kid can play, it's a win-win.