• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Support for Still's daughter

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't heard Devon Still's daughter has a pediatric cancer. The Bengals organization has gone above and beyond to help him through this difficult time. Instead of cutting him like most organizations would because other players were preforming better and that his head was somewhere else thinking of his daughter they placed him on the practice squad so he still got FULL benefits for medical bills for his daughter. Below is a video of Still giving a pre-surgery pep talk.

Still Gives Pre-Surgery Pep Talk To Daughter - ESPN Video - ESPN

Devon Still gives pre-surgery pep talk to 4-year-old daughter Leah, who is stricken with pediatric cancer - ESPN

As a Penn State fan I want to wish a former Nittany Lion Devon Still, his beautiful 4yr old daughter Leah, the whole Still family my love and prayers during this difficult time. Leah you are Lion Strong and I will be praying for you.

Love,
Millions of Nittany Lion Fans

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news after 6hrs of surgery they successfully removed the cancer tumor. :suds:

Leah Still, daughter of Devon Still of Cincinnati Bengals, has surgery to remove cancerous tumor - ESPN

It took a nearly six-hour surgical procedure, but by late Thursday afternoon, Devon Still and his family received one piece of news they had been desperately waiting to hear for months.
The tumor was gone. On a photo Still posted to his Instagram account late in the day, the lineman reported the cancerous tumor that had sickened his 4-year-old daughter, Leah, had been completely removed by a surgeon at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The surgeon even was able to clear the area in Leah's right adrenal gland, Still said. According to Still that was the area "where it all started from."
Leah was diagnosed with Stage 4 neuroblastoma June 2, the same weekend Still originally had been given permission to leave Cincinnati Bengals OTAs in order to see Leah perform in a dance recital. After she complained of pain in her hip when he got home, Still took her to the hospital where she was diagnosed. The pediatric cancer left her with a 50-50 chance of survival.
What's next for Leah will be another round of chemotherapy, radiation and stem-cell transplants in an effort to regenerate her bone marrow and stem cells. Still and his family also are awaiting the day when doctors tell them Leah is completely cancer-free.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishing the best for Devon and Leah. I don't have any kids, but I can't imagine what it must be like to be told that your daughter has a 50/50 chance to live. Must be absolutely terrifying. Either way, my prayers are with them and I'm sure Nittany Nation is behind them 100%. Hopefully one day Devon can get the news that Leah is cancer free.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devon Still has wore his heart on his sleeve and has broadcasted the most difficult time of his life in an effort to raise money for childhood cancer. I couldn't be more proud of the man. I wish Penn State would sell some of his jerseys at THON to raise some money. Otherwise, I'm going to have bite the bullet and buy and Bungles jersey (as a Steelers fan) which are on sale until October 20th, proceeds going to fight cancer. I'm waiting until the 20th to see if Penn State announces a fundraiser in Still's name. Best of luck to Leah, the party when she is declared cancer free in State College should be outrageous.