• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFC, there are only 5 veteran QBs in the mix that are in the upper half and only one is really great and that is Stafford. Borderline HOF resume. Dak and Cousins, I think we all know what they are at this time. Will win you a lot of games and put up great numbers but the ever growing narrative about the spotlight in play-off games has merit. Goff has talent but relies heavily on that great O-line play and a clean pocket. P/A helps but small hands and inability to escape pressure are his problem when facing a defense that can shrink the pocket quickly. And Kyler Murray in that mix. Will always be small, no getting around that but a dynamic playmaker when he's on his game. We may see a Russell Wilson fall off when his legs are gone.
Then Purdy is in the mix of youngsters with Love, Hurts, Fields. Can maybe make a case for Hurts but honestly, he benefitted from the same things that people knock Purdy for and this year hurt his case. Love looked great down the stretch but as with Purdy last season, let's see more than half a season. Fields is a fantastic athletic freak and has talent out the wazoo but I'm not sure he has the ability to become a good NFL QB between the ears. The game is just too fast for him and by now, we should have at least, saw some improvement in that area.
To me, right now if I'm looking at all the QBs in the conference, probably Stafford is the only one I would for sure want over Purdy and Staff is getting close to the end of his career. Does that make Purdy great or elite? Of course not, especially considering all the guys in the AFC, but it does make him a fuck of a lot better than the stupid narrative surrounding him. The entire talking point is based solely on draft position status. We will see how his career plays out but he has proven enough to say he's a legit NFL starter and better than a lot of other guys out there.
Fields has done nothing, he’s looking like a bust, he doesn’t belong in the same conversation as the others, he’s one of the weaker QB’s in the NFL and is about to be replaced by Caleb Williams. Stafford is the best QB in the NFC right now I agree, but Purdy may take over that spot soon. Love has a lot of promise. Hurts is good, but I’m not sure just how good.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields has done nothing, he’s looking like a bust, he doesn’t belong in the same conversation as the others, he’s one of the weaker QB’s in the NFL and is about to be replaced by Caleb Williams. Stafford is the best QB in the NFC right now I agree, but Purdy may take over that spot soon. Love has a lot of promise. Hurts is good, but I’m not sure just how good.
not so much that you are wrong but if it's a week to week league, we can agree to year to year for most of these guys. QB's can not be defined in a season or two IMO, we can just now define Mahomes.

not that you did it, but the word great is thrown around carelessly and most jump at a chance to define a player way too soon.

I am starting to think an extremely good rushing attack and defense along with solid NFL QB play could turn this 7 on 7 league on it's ear and win a championship.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line...Mahomes must deliver for KC to win while Purdy drives the Hummer to the game.

AND...Thats not Purdy's fault.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFC, there are only 5 veteran QBs in the mix that are in the upper half and only one is really great and that is Stafford. Borderline HOF resume. Dak and Cousins, I think we all know what they are at this time. Will win you a lot of games and put up great numbers but the ever growing narrative about the spotlight in play-off games has merit. Goff has talent but relies heavily on that great O-line play and a clean pocket. P/A helps but small hands and inability to escape pressure are his problem when facing a defense that can shrink the pocket quickly. And Kyler Murray in that mix. Will always be small, no getting around that but a dynamic playmaker when he's on his game. We may see a Russell Wilson fall off when his legs are gone.
Then Purdy is in the mix of youngsters with Love, Hurts, Fields. Can maybe make a case for Hurts but honestly, he benefitted from the same things that people knock Purdy for and this year hurt his case. Love looked great down the stretch but as with Purdy last season, let's see more than half a season. Fields is a fantastic athletic freak and has talent out the wazoo but I'm not sure he has the ability to become a good NFL QB between the ears. The game is just too fast for him and by now, we should have at least, saw some improvement in that area.
To me, right now if I'm looking at all the QBs in the conference, probably Stafford is the only one I would for sure want over Purdy and Staff is getting close to the end of his career. Does that make Purdy great or elite? Of course not, especially considering all the guys in the AFC, but it does make him a fuck of a lot better than the stupid narrative surrounding him. The entire talking point is based solely on draft position status. We will see how his career plays out but he has proven enough to say he's a legit NFL starter and better than a lot of other guys out there.

Yup. Purdy is not impressive physically, which is why his draft stock was so low. However, he is making up for his average and below average physical traits with his intelligence. Also, he uses his one good physical trait very well. He has good mobility and he uses it to escape pressure and extend plays. He is an unlikely underdog story, but with his intelligence and above average mobility, he is all making it work somehow.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners fans making fun of air yards per attempt is interesting. West Coast offense is based around that. Heck, we even have a guy named Rice.
No one is 'making fun' of that, it's just data showing that Purdy is a good QB, with better numbers this year than the potential GOAT

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are favored, which kinda surprises me with how KC handled the Ravens in Baltimore, and considering how the Ravens handled the 49rs … But the NFL is about matchups, so it comes down to head to head

Last edited:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Niners fans making fun of air yards per attempt is interesting. West Coast offense is based around that. Heck, we even have a guy named Rice.
Think it's less about making fun of air yards and more about dispelling the notion that Purdy is some game manager that dinks and dunks.

For me I just bring up Mahomes when it comes to Purdy when people talk about how he'll do when he gets paid and the stats goes down because has less talent as those people will be the first to say I told you he was carried by the talent when the numbers drop.

This year is Mahomes' worse year as a starter in terms of the numbers but I don't think he's gotten worse at being a QB but the talent around him has declined.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line is 49ers -2, which is where it should be.

I don't see the line going beyond 2. If it moves, (and I think it'll move late), it'll move back towards 1.5.

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are favored, which kinda surprises me with how KC handled the Ravens in Baltimore, and considering how the Ravens handled the 49rs … But the NFL is about matchups, so it comes down to head to head
I guess people are dismissing that one since Purdy threw four picks.