• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you kind of doing the same thing though? I mean not like Atlanta's coaching staff is a bunch of nobody's. Dan Quinn helped create one of the best modern day defenses during his time in Seattle. That defense helped carry them to 2 straight Super Bowls. Now in his 2nd season with the Falcons he has lead them to a Super Bowl. So 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls have had Dan Quinn coaching. Not sure any other coach in the league can say that.

On top of that they have an OC in Shanahan that was/is considered maybe the best candidate on the market for a potential Head Coach. He just lead an offense that historically speaking could be ranked in the top-10 of all time. He has helped lead them to maybe the most balanced offense we have seen in a very long time of being able to beat you on the ground and through the air with relative ease.

And I guess for me I am seeing quite a few Patriots fans opening their mouths as well about how great their team is. It happens. You both have great teams which is why you are in the Super Bowl. He is proud of his team just like you are yours and is seeing the good in why his team stands a chance to win their first Super Bowl. Heck I remember last year fans telling us Bronco fans to keep our mouths shut because our team would just get run out of the building by a superior Panthers team. There were analyst joking the Broncos would lose by 40 in the game.

To state the obvious, this is a game that pits a perennial playoff team with a ton of appearances in this game vs a team with little to no playoff history and only their 2nd SB appearance. For that reason I can see why NE fans are pretty confident in a win. They have the pedigree, the HOF HC, and HOF QB...why would they think otherwise?

Watching all of ATL's games this year and a fair amount of NE's...I really think this will be a pretty closely contested game. The NE DEF is not as good as the ranking, and the ATL DEF is a little better than the ranking. For that reason I understand the confidence ATL fans have.

As far as the bulletin board comment Freeman has put out there...The Patriots have seen the tape, they know ATL has weapons, it will have little to no effect on the game. Like every game, it will boil down to execution...but if NE wins and keeps the ATL OFC in check...Freeman can expect to hear it back at him 10 fold from the Pats.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE is imo quite a bit better than ATL overall but Atlantas offense is so good it may not show up in a finite game of possessions. Might not be 10 real drives in this game for either side.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta scored 6 of thec10 possessions vs KC and inexplicably went for it on a 4th and goal in the 3rd quarter. KC didn't stop shit. There are 2 teams all year who slowed Atlanta down and none in the last 8 games
They did only have 16 points going into the 4th.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did only have 16 points going into the 4th.
Yep. 3 fgs, 1 TD and one insane 4th down failure on 8 possessions. Then 2 for 2 in the 4th. If they just would've kicked in the 3rd instead of going for it they score 33 and win. Probably one of the only bad moves by Quinn all year

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE is imo quite a bit better than ATL overall but Atlantas offense is so good it may not show up in a finite game of possessions. Might not be 10 real drives in this game for either side.

I like the ATL OFC vs NE's DEF....and I like the NE OFC vs the ATL DEF, so I expect a high scoring game...59...is a good number...Vegas has done their home work and should get a fair amount of $ on both sides of the over under.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver played both in Denver and while ATL handed us our ass, we gave NE all they wanted, I think NE is a different team in the post season. I think ATL took a lot of teams by surprise this year (Denver included). I hope the Falcons can find a way to win.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 3 fgs, 1 TD and one insane 4th down failure on 8 possessions. Then 2 for 2 in the 4th. If they just would've kicked in the 3rd instead of going for it they score 33 and win. Probably one of the only bad moves by Quinn all year
You still might not win it. Depending on how everything else plays out.

And point was that they did a good job of keeping the Falcons out of the end zone for 3 quarters, while the offense and special teams couldn't take advantage.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still might not win it. Depending on how everything else plays out.

And point was that they did a good job of keeping the Falcons out of the end zone for 3 quarters, while the offense and special teams couldn't take advantage.
Yep it was a weird game. I was sitting in row 4 at the Dome behind Deep Fords family and right next to Eric Berry's dad lol. Probably one of 2 games this year ( along with San Diego) where the Falcons pretty much have the game away. Ironically both those games came at home. Falcons were flat out a better team on the road this year than they were at home

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it was a weird game. I was sitting in row 4 at the Dome behind Deep Fords family and right next to Eric Berry's dad lol. Probably one of 2 games this year ( along with San Diego) where the Falcons pretty much have the game away. Ironically both those games came at home. Falcons were flat out a better team on the road this year than they were at home
Yeah 2nd in the league in point differential on the road. I'll let you take a guess who was number 1.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To state the obvious, this is a game that pits a perennial playoff team with a ton of appearances in this game vs a team with little to no playoff history and only their 2nd SB appearance. For that reason I can see why NE fans are pretty confident in a win. They have the pedigree, the HOF HC, and HOF QB...why would they think otherwise?

Watching all of ATL's games this year and a fair amount of NE's...I really think this will be a pretty closely contested game. The NE DEF is not as good as the ranking, and the ATL DEF is a little better than the ranking. For that reason I understand the confidence ATL fans have.

As far as the bulletin board comment Freeman has put out there...The Patriots have seen the tape, they know ATL has weapons, it will have little to no effect on the game. Like every game, it will boil down to execution...but if NE wins and keeps the ATL OFC in check...Freeman can expect to hear it back at him 10 fold from the Pats.

Little but some. All players like to cut down cocky opponents. They just do.

Otherwise pretty good assessment. The reliance on rankings (1st, 2nd etc) is something you can't really hang your hat on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little but some. All players like to cut down cocky opponents. They just do.

Otherwise pretty good assessment. The reliance on rankings (1st, 2nd etc) is something you can't really hang your hat on.

If you mean the pick your poison comment...little imo.

Will he hear about it if ATL score 17 pts and loses...no question, and he should. But that's not true bulletin board material that guys will be geeked up about.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, when you play weak teams you should beat them.

I'd be more concerned if the team didn't.....

I'm not worried at all.
Weak teams or weak pass defenses?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 2nd in the league in point differential on the road. I'll let you take a guess who was number 1.
LOL. Yeah I'm sure. It was weird because the road schedule was better than the home one so I would've thought it'd be the other way around but they really seemed focused on the road. Good sign for the future

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yeah I'm sure. It was weird because the road schedule was better than the home one so I would've thought it'd be the other way around but they really seemed focused on the road. Good sign for the future
Brady will carve up the Falcon's weak pass defense.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll go 7-9 next year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll go 7-9 next year.
You never know. If Shanahan leaves and Ryan needs to learn a whole new system again anything is possible. If the same system stats in place I'd assume 11+ wins again. Probably 1 or 2 more