• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUNDAY IS HERE WEEK 15

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags are the front runner for the first pick in the draft....Lions F'd up again

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a Ravens fan I'd be pissed that Harbaugh didn't kick the extra point and play for the tie and OT. Hell, I'm kinda pissed anyway. Such a dumb call to make there. Especially with a rookie QB. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I was at the game talking to Ravens fans on the light rail train from the stadium out to the burbs to get my rental car and most were livid at the coach

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags are the front runner for the first pick in the draft....Lions F'd up again
Lions and Texans f'd up again. Losing to the Jaguars would have put the Texans in the #1 spot in the draft.

If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. Woah. Gloom, despair and agony on me.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you tie the game Rodgers is going to use that 42 seconds to get in field goal range.
If you go up by 1 point Rodgers is going to use that 42 seconds to get in field goal range.

Nothing changes, except when you miss the 2 point try Rodgers doesn't even need to try to get in field goal range.
It's marginal either way. You can kick. (.95), defend for 42 seconds, (.64), and try and win in OT, (.45). You can go for 2, (.44), and defend for 42 seconds when the Packers wouldn't punt, (.58). Obviously i'm estimating the chances. The 2nd way is less play and less chance for injuries. Neither way is absolutely right or wrong.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's marginal either way. You can kick. (.95), defend for 42 seconds, (.64), and try and win in OT, (.45). You can go for 2, (.44), and defend for 42 seconds when the Packers wouldn't punt, (.58). Obviously i'm estimating the chances. The 2nd way is less play and less chance for injuries. Neither way is absolutely right or wrong.
thats true of every choice as its all opinions:suds:
odds say go for 2

Most other National Football League teams behave this way, too. In research to be published in the forthcoming issue of The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, we examined every instance over a recent 10-year period in which N.F.L. teams faced a choice in the final minutes between kicking an extra point to tie the game or going for a 2-point conversion to win. The teams overwhelmingly chose to avoid the risk of immediate defeat: Of the 47 times teams faced this situation, they opted to kick the extra point 42 times (89 percent).

This bias can be costly. Teams that chose to avoid the 2-point conversion won the game only 40 percent of the time, which is well below the average rate of successful 2-point conversions (about 50 percent). Surely some of those teams should have known they were underdogs if the game went into overtime, and mistakenly avoided a risk they should have taken.