• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sunday Games week 13

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wins, but the refs helped them out in a big way this game...got to keep the home fans coming to the game...you know, all those fake 12's
2 years ago in that same end zone, the Niners got away with an uncalled PI and the game ultimately ended with Seattle being 1 yard short of the end zone. That’s how the NFC West was decided. Point is this stuff happens all the time. The refs have no idea what a PI is most of the time

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lions last TD ... point after.

i didn't see the game, and the play-by-play doesn't say anything, and the talking heads didn't discuss it. just wondering what actually happened. I have seen where if it's OT, or a championship title (I think), then they skip it because the outcome has been determined.

but if it's a regular game, I thought even if the clock had expired, they still run that play, perhaps just for the stats, standings, rankings, regulations, if not for anything else?

sorry, I'm clueless. thanks to those that chimed in on this near insignificant detail. Glad to see that the Lions FINALLY won a game, just because.

My understanding is they should have run the play as a blocked kick can be run back for 2 and could have tied the game back up. But if they did run the extra point a smart team would have gone for 2 and take a knee to prevent that

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is they should have run the play as a blocked kick can be run back for 2 and could have tied the game back up. But if they did run the extra point a smart team would have gone for 2 and take a knee to prevent that
Yeah, taking the knee has been the most common practice that I've seen in that situation. I think it's pointless to have a rule that makes a team try a conversion when the clock has ran out though.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns coach Kevin S. spent the bye fighting parents of current and former Brown players. While Baker filmed yet another commercial because that is what mediocre quarterbacks do.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since no one watched the game...this happened