• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL SUN 11/05 8:20 PM EDT

Who Dey?

• all up in a knot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bills by a little

• Bills whoopin our azz

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 good game in the running game pushed the Bengals from dead last at 69 yards per game rushing to 28th at 79 yards per game.

Currently the middle of the pack is roughly 110 yards per game...I don't see any reason why the Bengals couldn't get to that point.

They rushed for 134 yards against SF...They likely won't go for 130+ ever game...but 110-115 is doable, IMO....if they hit that mark more often than not...the offense is going to take a big step forward.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our OL is good for a running game.
Passing grades haven't been too terrible, either. Volson has been pretty bad, but Williams, Kapa, Brown, Karras...all look to have been pretty decent...and Volson was decent last year, and had a good game against the 49ers, so let's hope that keeps up.

Of course, it helps when you can A - run the ball to keep DL honest and B - When your QB can actually move around in the pocket.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Allen listed as a full participant today.

As far as the game the Bengals definitely matchup well vs them but I'm sure they've had this circled as a big game since the schedule was released.

I'd lean towards the Bengals in a relatively high scoring, close game

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing grades haven't been too terrible, either. Volson has been pretty bad, but Williams, Kapa, Brown, Karras...all look to have been pretty decent...and Volson was decent last year, and had a good game against the 49ers, so let's hope that keeps up.

Of course, it helps when you can A - run the ball to keep DL honest and B - When your QB can actually move around in the pocket.

yea, I'm like, suspicious of the entire "volson sucks" narrative. he was solid last year. but he is new, maybe someone figured something out, but he will adjust

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanner Hudson effect....TE's combined for 10 catches, 101 yards, and 2 TD's. Hudson goes for 4 catches and 45 yards, I think it was...Burrow clearly seems to have a rapport with him - reminds me a bit of how he used Hurst last year.

After seeing a ton of 10 personnel last week...almost none this week in the midst of the game. Mixon struggled with that. They also keep calling plays for him on tosses and sweeps...which is the last thing he is good at...boggles the mind. He was getting 4-5 yards when just going up the gut, or doing a bounce out...and lost, it seemed, 20 yards on the tosses and sweeps.

Before the last drive, I think Mixon had just 10 carries in almost 4 full quarters...Buff was playing a lot of single high safety to help in the run, so that explains at least some of it...but going more PA out of the 10 personnel would have been a nice wrinkle. I know it's hard to nitpick with the game plan, but again...the offense got bogged down at times because it became overly reliant on the pass and couldn't take advantage of the times there were lighter boxes...but I'll digress on this point for the moment.

Only 2 gripes I have with the defense...tackling is an issue...guys need to take guys to the ground. Way too much hitting and then watching. Other one was on the last TD for the Bills...Turner screwed himself twice...playing press, he didn't press Diggs at the LOS, and let him run right by him...then when Diggs was turned around, Turner didn't even put his hands up in any attempt to knock the ball away, or just make it tougher on Diggs to make the catch...he was beaten, but he was still in position to get a little lucky if he just put a hand up in the air...

Overall, though...beating the Bills, going 2-0 out of the Bye in the 5 week stretch that will help determine this season...can't complain. Win and advance.

On to Houston...makes me glad Stroud had that huge day yesterday...hopefully means a bit of a comeback to reality game for him...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanner Hudson effect....TE's combined for 10 catches, 101 yards, and 2 TD's. Hudson goes for 4 catches and 45 yards, I think it was...Burrow clearly seems to have a rapport with him - reminds me a bit of how he used Hurst last year.

After seeing a ton of 10 personnel last week...almost none this week in the midst of the game. Mixon struggled with that. They also keep calling plays for him on tosses and sweeps...which is the last thing he is good at...boggles the mind. He was getting 4-5 yards when just going up the gut, or doing a bounce out...and lost, it seemed, 20 yards on the tosses and sweeps.

Before the last drive, I think Mixon had just 10 carries in almost 4 full quarters...Buff was playing a lot of single high safety to help in the run, so that explains at least some of it...but going more PA out of the 10 personnel would have been a nice wrinkle. I know it's hard to nitpick with the game plan, but again...the offense got bogged down at times because it became overly reliant on the pass and couldn't take advantage of the times there were lighter boxes...but I'll digress on this point for the moment.

Only 2 gripes I have with the defense...tackling is an issue...guys need to take guys to the ground. Way too much hitting and then watching. Other one was on the last TD for the Bills...Turner screwed himself twice...playing press, he didn't press Diggs at the LOS, and let him run right by him...then when Diggs was turned around, Turner didn't even put his hands up in any attempt to knock the ball away, or just make it tougher on Diggs to make the catch...he was beaten, but he was still in position to get a little lucky if he just put a hand up in the air...

Overall, though...beating the Bills, going 2-0 out of the Bye in the 5 week stretch that will help determine this season...can't complain. Win and advance.

On to Houston...makes me glad Stroud had that huge day yesterday...hopefully means a bit of a comeback to reality game for him...
I think the toss plays were in there because they were effective last year in Buffalo. I'm sure the snow had something to do with that and I also think that is the one play that Jackson Carmen is an absolute stud when blocking. And, I'm sure Buffalo was more ready for it. Also, I think I get what the coaches are doing - They are trying to stress teams from side-to-side, which is why they keep motioning guys out there, putting Chase out in the flat and running toss sweeps. Spreading them out has opened up the middle a little more for the receivers and is creating seams. If they start hitting their deep shots (missed a big one last night), the passing game will be hard to stop.

I thought the D played exactly to their identity. Shaky on the first drive...Great adjustments. Stopped the run all night. Big turnover at a big point in the game. I think we all are guilty of underrating how important Pratt has been these last three years - That was an impact signing in the offseason.

Of note - I think Myles Murphy has taken Ossai's spot and I he's starting to look fast. He didn't get home yesterday, but he whipped the tackle on a couple of plays. It's encouraging. I have no idea what is wrong with Ossai beyond the potential that he hasn't healed from the ankle injury.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the toss plays were in there because they were effective last year in Buffalo. I'm sure the snow had something to do with that and I also think that is the one play that Jackson Carmen is an absolute stud when blocking. And, I'm sure Buffalo was more ready for it. Also, I think I get what the coaches are doing - They are trying to stress teams from side-to-side, which is why they keep motioning guys out there, putting Chase out in the flat and running toss sweeps. Spreading them out has opened up the middle a little more for the receivers and is creating seams. If they start hitting their deep shots (missed a big one last night), the passing game will be hard to stop.

I thought the D played exactly to their identity. Shaky on the first drive...Great adjustments. Stopped the run all night. Big turnover at a big point in the game. I think we all are guilty of underrating how important Pratt has been these last three years - That was an impact signing in the offseason.

Of note - I think Myles Murphy has taken Ossai's spot and I he's starting to look fast. He didn't get home yesterday, but he whipped the tackle on a couple of plays. It's encouraging. I have no idea what is wrong with Ossai beyond the potential that he hasn't healed from the ankle injury.
I do understand that, but man...they were doing well, for the most part, going north and south, and Mixon is, overall, at his best when he doesn't think, but just gets the ball and goes. Going back to the SF game, he ran with decisive manner and powered through several 1st contact would be tacklers. The side to side stuff has always struggled under Taylor...look at end round sweeps by Chase. Mixon is also rough at making guys miss when asked to move laterally...He made Von Miller miss last night, but if we are being honest...That guy has lost several steps.

Pratt and Wilson are studs. They don't get nearly the national recognition that they deserve.

Agreed. Odd for sure. I thought Murphey was going to get home at one point last night...less than a second difference...if he can round into form in the 2nd half...that addition will be huge for resting Hendrickson/Hubbard on some plays and keeping guys fresh.