• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suggest a Movie They Should Remake

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching "American Werewolf in London" the other night and thought to myself....."self, this could be a good remake if done right"

I wouldn't use the exact plot, so there are a thousand ways to make this a bad ass movie with todays graphics en sech.

thumbs up or down???

what you got

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching "American Werewolf in London" the other night and thought to myself....."self, this could be a good remake if done right"

I wouldn't use the exact plot, so there are a thousand ways to make this a bad ass movie with todays graphics en sech.

thumbs up or down???

what you got
This was remade a few years back, wasn't it?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yearling

I love the original. It was shot on site, which sets it apart from most every movie of its era. But I'd like to see the story told again, to a generation of kids that don't know how to read.(Or just don't bother.)

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't remake classics. Instead they should find films that just missed the mark for some reason and try to improve them.

AWIL does not need a remake. However the werewolf flick Bad Moon, for example, had a good premise and good actors but suffered from lack of character development and a rushed feel to the writing. It could be greatly improved upon with the right planning. (Note that I only used this as an example because it is also a werewolf flick and I just watched it. I am sure that there are many better examples).

I know Hollywood thinks that the bigger money is in the remake or reboot of classic franchises but why remake a classic when it is almost inevitable that it will not be as good as the original? Improve upon something that needs improvement instead of trying to fix what isn't broken just to make a buck.