• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COD Graphics

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're reading this you probably saw my rant about how they have been running COD on the same dressed up quake 3 engine from two-thousand-whatever. A couple months back, the developers claimed they were running COD Ghosts on a brand new engine.

They technically bent the truth, but basically they lied to our faces. It's the same exact engine from 2002, or whatever the fuck year it was, because they don't have the time to build a brand new engine. That would fuck up their business model of coming out with a new COD every single November and milking us for every single dollar.

I wouldn't give two shits about something like this if I didn't spend such an unhealthy amount of time playing COD.

If you're like me, you should care. ArrogantBamaFan is easily thinking I'm a nerd for posting this, but you play just as much BREH!, if not, way more COD than I do, so you should definitely care. :dance:

Still with all that said, they did manage to make some legit improvements to the graphics. I can only imagine what the game would look like if they actually took the time to build a brand new engine from the ground up with what todays technological advancements have to offer.

Really there are only a couple of new tweaks which they are basically copying and pasting off of what Halo and-the-like have done.

They only gave permission to a select few to see some limited content of what their development team has actually been working on. So naturally they gave it to the biggest view whore bitchmade asshole on youtube: TmarTn.

I'm pretty fuckin disappointed considering this is the highest selling, wealthiest franchise in FPS history and they're still running a dressed up Quake 3 engine from 2002 or whatever the fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for sure that they would've developed a new engine for the next gen consoles. Apparently I was wrong. Oh well. It'll be a couple of years before I can get one anyway.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a recovering Battlefield addict and shouldn't even be in this thread.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm switching to Battlefield. There are only so many COD4s I can play.