• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SU/Duke X 2

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes when we had ashley and were 21-0 we didn't deserve the #1. In fact, Florida should have been #1 the whole time!

1. you lacked quality wins beating UM, sdsu, & michigan when they were far different teams than they were today

2. sean miller is an unproven coach who I don't trust come tourny time

3. you guys were the most overrated team of 2012-2013 season

sorry but forgive me for my rational skepticism

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets see.....

they told me to stop insulting.....and I did....then SF....or whatever his name is bans me 24 hrs after even though i didn't say a single insult since then.

so hey at this point I know that my behavior (using insults vs not using insults) doesn't really matter in the thick of things. I am unbanned at the regular place I post so at this point ban/no ban I am not gonna be here a whole lot.....

Blue: those poor bastards
Red: That might be the best sentence anyone has ever typed

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah man great bball. But did you think it was interesting I had it going Cuse way cuz you thought I disliked Cuse?

No....I've always respected your opinion going back to the cbs days. You know bball. What I found interesting is with you not having a dog in the fight, it lends some credibility to the SU fans that do think SU got jobbed.

This will be a great tool for these guys down the road. Facing this kind of pressure and adversity will help them in the tournament.

Up next....Maryland. Time to break out the turtle soup recipe. :nod:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. you lacked quality wins beating UM, sdsu, & michigan when they were far different teams than they were today

2. sean miller is an unproven coach who I don't trust come tourny time

3. you guys were the most overrated team of 2012-2013 season

sorry but forgive me for my rational skepticism

1) Arizona SOS 13, Florida SOS 37, Syracuse SOS 89

2) hahaha

3) who overrated us? Were we supposed to be ranked 15th (probably about where we fell talent wise) when we were 15-0? For the record, our Nonconference SOS was 36 last year and our RPI was 15 yet we got a 6 seed. That's super overrated, damn I don't know what to say.

4) you don't know what the word rational means

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No....I've always respected your opinion going back to the cbs days. You know bball. What I found interesting is with you not having a dog in the fight, it lends some credibility to the SU fans that do think SU got jobbed.

This will be a great tool for these guys down the road. Facing this kind of pressure and adversity will help them in the tournament.

Up next....Maryland. Time to break out the turtle soup recipe. :nod:

Haha yeah I was just making sure that you didn't get the impression from my "what to make of Cuse thread" that I usally hated them.

It was a great game and either way Cuse is looking great

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to be clear. Interesting you have that going SU's way. I thought CJ got around him enough as well. It doesn't define SU or Duke though. Both teams played with some heart and they split the series with both being close games. That's great basketball.

Its not great basketball when Syracuse cant hit anything outside the paint. Ill say it again Cooney is usless unless he is hitting 3 point shots and if noone can see that as fact then they are blind ignorant homers. The Cuse defense has been great all year and will be a bitch to deal with tournament time so its up to the offense to step it up which I think they are more then capable of doing. Elite 8 at the worse. Go Cuse!!!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great on defense still not on offense. Ennis isnt NBA ready and I hope he realizes that.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not great basketball when Syracuse cant hit anything outside the paint. Ill say it again Cooney is usless unless he is hitting 3 point shots and if noone can see that as fact then they are blind ignorant homers. The Cuse defense has been great all year and will be a bitch to deal with tournament time so its up to the offense to step it up which I think they are more then capable of doing. Elite 8 at the worse. Go Cuse!!!

Cooney is a SHOOTER. Plain and simple.

That is not something to hang your head about.

If hes open, feed him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gona lie, I did hope that people would back me up against dipshit.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? "oh I didn't mention every big name sports writer on twitter by name" so my point doesn't count?????

you are fucken retarded if that is your talking point.

if you don't want to hear the experts opinions and realize that the majority of them all go one way....then its proof that your argument is wrong.

"sports writers" ≠ "twitter" They are in no way synonymous. Only a window-licking idiot would read "twitter" and assume "he must have meant sports writers"

You didn't say sports writers, you said twitter. If you'd meant sports writers, you could have said sports writers, and everyone would have known you meant sports writers. But you didn't. You said twitter.

Don't bitch and moan like a little girl because people took you at your word, and didn't try and decipher some other meaning which obviously wasn't there in the first place until you got called out on it and started to back pedal... like you always do.

Maybe you can find some of the "experts" over on Bleacher Report to go make a slideshow for you to back up your story too.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the officiating goes, I didn't think it was terrible. Home team advantage? Yeah, but no more than any other typical game.

Given the options of calling a block, calling a charge, or calling nothing, I probably would have called:

1st Block
2nd No Call
3rd Charge

But it was close enough, I wouldn't get my panties in a wad about it being called any of the above. There have been far more egregiously bad calls to blow up about. It was a questionable call to be sure, but Coach Boo Boo Kitty Fuck lost his cool and cost his team the game. There is no way you can blow up like that and not expect to get T-ed up/ejected.

At least Kevin Ollie had something pretty clearly wrong to be pissed off about when he went on his rampage and got ejected earlier in the season.

There were far worse cock-ups at the end of the ASU/AZ game and nobody lost their mind (except the ASU fans) and got ejected.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not great basketball when Syracuse cant hit anything outside the paint. Ill say it again Cooney is usless unless he is hitting 3 point shots

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

and if noone can see that as fact then they are blind ignorant homers.

What? You can't really believe that hurts my feelings. :laugh3: I have to think that's exactly who I am.

The Cuse defense has been great all year and will be a bitch to deal with tournament time so its up to the offense to step it up which I think they are more then capable of doing. Elite 8 at the worse. Go Cuse!!!

I'm glad you see SUs D is doing well. Did you know that's what TC excels at? For me it's hard to say a player is worthless when he's the best defender of any SU players roaming around up top.

I agree, SU's offense needs to find a way out of this slump. And I think Cooney needs to man up the most in that respect. Gotta let shooters keep shooting. He'll come around.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the officiating goes, I didn't think it was terrible. Home team advantage? Yeah, but no more than any other typical game.

Given the options of calling a block, calling a charge, or calling nothing, I probably would have called:

1st Block
2nd No Call
3rd Charge

But it was close enough, I wouldn't get my panties in a wad about it being called any of the above.

No panties in a wad here. I think that was an outstanding game. I really believe it was a no call. Neat you call it a blocking foul too. For me, there was no harm either way and the official should have swallowed his whistle and let the kids play. I think CJ made a hell of a play to get around the guy....and still got the ball to drop. It was a pretty play. IMO, the defender and CJ didn't do anything worthy of a whistle.

There have been far more egregiously bad calls to blow up about. It was a questionable call to be sure, but Coach Boo Boo Kitty Fuck lost his cool and cost his team the game. There is no way you can blow up like that and not expect to get T-ed up/ejected..

I think you're missing the importance of the game to SU and those players. They were looking for validation again. And I think you have ignored the effort to get to that point. SU was emotionally flat at the half. Midway through the first, SU was up pretty good and about the last 8 minutes of the 1st, SU couldn't buy a bucket. It looked like they were gassed and I didn't think they had the legs to stay in it come the 2nd half. The only thing that gave me hope was RAK had sat out much of that 8 minute span and would come into the second half fresh and only with 2 fouls.

Then Christmas picks up 2 more fouls in the first 4 minutes of the second half. Keita comes in and by the midway point of the 2nd, Keita has four fouls. By all means, at that point, SU is all but toast.

The other players really manned the fuck up to get to that moment. When CJ went hard to the basket, I came up out of my seat. When that ball fell, I just knew we had an and one coming. I was shocked. If I had been in JB's shoes, I would have lost my mind too.

I liked it that Coach JB got T'd. It's the first time I've seen it happen. And though the T and ejection cemented SU's loss, no way did it cost SU the game. IMO, the game was decided by the official. Right or wrong call....at that moment, that guy decided the outcome.

Nah....I liked it Coach JB went off and don't blame the old guy one bit.

At least Kevin Ollie had something pretty clearly wrong to be pissed off about when he went on his rampage and got ejected earlier in the season.

There were far worse cock-ups at the end of the ASU/AZ game and nobody lost their mind (except the ASU fans) and got ejected.

Meh....sitting on the couch with time to reflect gives you the advantage to calmly sort out your thoughts. I'm pretty sure Coach JB was living in the moment.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new rule this year it's either a blocking foul or a no call. You can't argue otherwise. Maybe last year, not this year. Lol and not even the way it was called in the game.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new rule this year it's either a blocking foul or a no call. You can't argue otherwise. Maybe last year, not this year. Lol and not even the way it was called in the game.

You missed my point. It's not about if the call was right or wrong. It's about how obvious the call was. While you can analyze the instant replay footage, and watch it in slow-mo from a few different angles, and determine it should be one way or the other, looking at it from a glance (basically all the refs have to work with when they make the call) it could have gone either way. It wasn't a blatantly bad call, even if it was wrong.

Refs are going to make bad calls sometimes. That's unavoidable, but as long as they aren't making blatantly bad calls there is no reason to lose your mind, run out on the floor, throw a tantrum and get ejected. Save those antics for when the refs genuinely screwed you over.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed my point. It's not about if the call was right or wrong. It's about how obvious the call was. While you can analyze the instant replay footage, and watch it in slow-mo from a few different angles, and determine it should be one way or the other, looking at it from a glance (basically all the refs have to work with when they make the call) it could have gone either way. It wasn't a blatantly bad call, even if it was wrong.

Refs are going to make bad calls sometimes. That's unavoidable, but as long as they aren't making blatantly bad calls there is no reason to lose your mind, run out on the floor, throw a tantrum and get ejected. Save those antics for when the refs genuinely screwed you over.

No I am not losing my mind about it, as I have said I want to be in a position where that call doesn't matter too much. I wasn't really talking to you I was letting it be known for the minority out there that truly believe it was a "great" call and left it open for them to argue otherwise.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I am not losing my mind about it, as I have said I want to be in a position where that call doesn't matter too much. I wasn't really talking to you I was letting it be known for the minority out there that truly believe it was a "great" call and left it open for them to argue otherwise.

I wasn't trying to suggest you lost your mind. Just that Coach Boo Boo Kitty Fuck (no disrespect to JB, it's a running joke with the resident forum asshat) didn't really pick a great spot to lose his mind.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. Never have seen him freak out even remotely close to that, was quite a surprise. Oh well Maryland tomorrow.

CUSEinthehouse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it that Coach JB got T'd. It's the first time I've seen it happen. And though the T and ejection cemented SU's loss, no way did it cost SU the game. IMO, the game was decided by the official. Right or wrong call....at that moment, that guy decided the outcome.

I have to disagree jonvi. If JB held his cool and didn't get a dbl T, SU still had a chance to win the game. We would've been down by only 2, with plenty of time left to do something. But once the dbl T got thrown and they hit 3 out of 4 FT, and got the ball back, that pretty much decided the game IMO.