• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing a little research and this years New England Patriots team had the lowest points scored per game in the last 11 years. (13.9 pts). The 2012 Chiefs were lower.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The circus is setting up all of the rides and games in Foxboro.

*Bill and RK met Monday and BB is still the HC of the NEP.
*Josh McDaniels showed up for the game against the Jets and met with BB and JK.
*Mike Vrabel spent an entire day with RK and JK while being inducted into the Patriots HOF.
*Mike Vrabel was fired yesterday as the HC of the Tenn. Titans and someone noticed that he had already removed all of his personal gear from his office before the announcement.
*Supposedly, RK and BB will meet today or tomorrow and Bill's future with the Patriots will be decided.

It's like reading a mystery comic book. All of the characters are right in front of the reader but the story line isn't understandable. No one can tell who the good guys are and who if anyone is the bad guy. The biggest problem for the readers is that the comic book was printed without the last page so everyone is making up their own end to the story.

I made a truce with my other self and agreed with me not to listen to anymore fantasy stories, quotes from sources close to the source or rumors from a reliable source in the front office.

When a media guy gets ten minutes in front of a camera to put out his five or six reasons why Mike Vrabel will be the next coach and the next guy gets ten minutes to define his reasons why Bill Belichick will not be fired and will bring back Josh McDaniels as the OC and Mike Vrabel as the DC and th third guy gets five minutes to explain why Jerod Mayo will come in out of nowhere, fire everyone and take the Patriots to a completely different place, the whole thing goes from being a serious discussion to a comedy routine out of "All in the Family".

I deleted Early Edition when I saw Giles, Giardi, Curran and Perry all sitting and drooling. Then I deleted BST when the four subject at the start of the show were BB,MV,JMayo and the next BB/RK meeting. I watched two new shows that I taped last night. 'Night Court' and 'Extended Family'.
Not sure if I deleted the wrong programs...................................

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The circus is setting up all of the rides and games in Foxboro.

*Bill and RK met Monday and BB is still the HC of the NEP.
*Josh McDaniels showed up for the game against the Jets and met with BB and JK.
*Mike Vrabel spent an entire day with RK and JK while being inducted into the Patriots HOF.
*Mike Vrabel was fired yesterday as the HC of the Tenn. Titans and someone noticed that he had already removed all of his personal gear from his office before the announcement.
*Supposedly, RK and BB will meet today or tomorrow and Bill's future with the Patriots will be decided.

It's like reading a mystery comic book. All of the characters are right in front of the reader but the story line isn't understandable. No one can tell who the good guys are and who if anyone is the bad guy. The biggest problem for the readers is that the comic book was printed without the last page so everyone is making up their own end to the story.

I made a truce with my other self and agreed with me not to listen to anymore fantasy stories, quotes from sources close to the source or rumors from a reliable source in the front office.

When a media guy gets ten minutes in front of a camera to put out his five or six reasons why Mike Vrabel will be the next coach and the next guy gets ten minutes to define his reasons why Bill Belichick will not be fired and will bring back Josh McDaniels as the OC and Mike Vrabel as the DC and th third guy gets five minutes to explain why Jerod Mayo will come in out of nowhere, fire everyone and take the Patriots to a completely different place, the whole thing goes from being a serious discussion to a comedy routine out of "All in the Family".

I deleted Early Edition when I saw Giles, Giardi, Curran and Perry all sitting and drooling. Then I deleted BST when the four subject at the start of the show were BB,MV,JMayo and the next BB/RK meeting. I watched two new shows that I taped last night. 'Night Court' and 'Extended Family'.
Not sure if I deleted the wrong programs...................................
Night Court without Marki Post??

1704895151628.png

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DirectV us being sold by AT&T. When they bought it, DirectV was hauling in $2.7B a month. Because of streaming and other cable directs like Sting, Hulu, YouTube, revenue have fallen to $1.3B a month and the trend is not only affecting DirectV, but also is severely crunching Xfinity and Spectrum as well as other cable companies. Internet companies are starting to take it on the chin because of Elon Musk and the new satellite internet.

Anyway, I tried to find Peacock so I could watch the Dolphins and Chiefs tomorrow night. After farting around for a couple of hours and talking to some foreign person with a dog barking and kid screaming in the background, DirectV doesn't have Peacock available even at any price. I finally figured out that Peacock is a "Pay Network". Its regular price is $59.99 for one year, but if you buy it now, you get the year for $29.99. For $2.50 a month I figured why not. Only problem now is getting moved from my brand new 32" TCL TV/Monitor to my 65" Sony that's about 18" away.

Anyone ever try to move a television picture from a TV to another TV? Most TV's don't have a transmit connection. I was wondering if I could HDMI2 from the monitor to the HDMI3 on the Sony? Or I could sit 24" from the monitor and watch it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DirectV us being sold by AT&T. When they bought it, DirectV was hauling in $2.7B a month. Because of streaming and other cable directs like Sting, Hulu, YouTube, revenue have fallen to $1.3B a month and the trend is not only affecting DirectV, but also is severely crunching Xfinity and Spectrum as well as other cable companies. Internet companies are starting to take it on the chin because of Elon Musk and the new satellite internet.

Anyway, I tried to find Peacock so I could watch the Dolphins and Chiefs tomorrow night. After farting around for a couple of hours and talking to some foreign person with a dog barking and kid screaming in the background, DirectV doesn't have Peacock available even at any price. I finally figured out that Peacock is a "Pay Network". Its regular price is $59.99 for one year, but if you buy it now, you get the year for $29.99. For $2.50 a month I figured why not. Only problem now is getting moved from my brand new 32" TCL TV/Monitor to my 65" Sony that's about 18" away.

Anyone ever try to move a television picture from a TV to another TV? Most TV's don't have a transmit connection. I was wondering if I could HDMI2 from the monitor to the HDMI3 on the Sony? Or I could sit 24" from the monitor and watch it.
Peacock is a streaming channel like Netflix or hulu. Your big tv should support it.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peacock sucks ass. We got it because we wanted to watch a Dodgers game that was only available via Peacock. We held onto it for a few weeks trying to find something we might like but there was absolutely nothing. Canceled it. I'll probably get it again for the playoffs and then cancel it again immediately.

Hard to imagine it's not already installed on both of your tvs. If not, it should be an easy download and install.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try a Roku or Amazon Fire stick.

Not sure what you have for a sound system but you can do a Roku sound bar with wireless rear speakers. It's not audio aficionado level but it's better than flat screen speakers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try a Roku
I've got a Roku out in the garage somewhere. If I survive tonight, I'll check it out.

Went to see the 'Beekeeper' bought some theatre nachos to take the place of supper. They refuse to digest and stay down.

If you like Statham and unstoppable killing of bad guys, the movie is great. If you're not a fan, don't bother.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson Alexander of The Advocate reports Patriots WR Kayshon Boutte has been arrested for illegal betting activity.
According to Alexander, Boutte “allegedly placed more than 8,900 bets while underage with a fake account,” with some of those bets coming during his 2022 season at LSU. The rookie sixth-round pick was booked on a felony count of computer fraud and a misdemeanor count of gaming prohibited by players under 21, and reportedly used an alias to place his bets. Alexander’s article goes on to mention that Boutte is accused of betting on at least 17 NCAA football games, six of which were LSU games. LSU was reportedly made aware of the allegations in July of 2023, when Boutte was already a member of the Patriots, and has fully cooperated with authorities. Once a highly-touted recruit, Boutte’s final two seasons at LSU were filled with injuries and poor statistical performances. He totaled two catches for 19 yards in five games this season. According NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the NFL issued a statement saying, “We are aware of the matter but have no further comment at this time.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson Alexander of The Advocate reports Patriots WR Kayshon Boutte has been arrested for illegal betting activity.
According to Alexander, Boutte “allegedly placed more than 8,900 bets while underage with a fake account,” with some of those bets coming during his 2022 season at LSU. The rookie sixth-round pick was booked on a felony count of computer fraud and a misdemeanor count of gaming prohibited by players under 21, and reportedly used an alias to place his bets. Alexander’s article goes on to mention that Boutte is accused of betting on at least 17 NCAA football games, six of which were LSU games. LSU was reportedly made aware of the allegations in July of 2023, when Boutte was already a member of the Patriots, and has fully cooperated with authorities. Once a highly-touted recruit, Boutte’s final two seasons at LSU were filled with injuries and poor statistical performances. He totaled two catches for 19 yards in five games this season. According NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the NFL issued a statement saying, “We are aware of the matter but have no further comment at this time.
1) prohibited by players under 21
Why? you're old enough to be told to risk your life for someone else's beliefs, yet you cannot place a bet???

2) six of which were LSU games
And?? Did he bet to win or lose? Is there any proof that he bet to lose and played to lose? Or did he bet to win and play to win?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) prohibited by players under 21
Why? you're old enough to be told to risk your life for someone else's beliefs, yet you cannot place a bet???

2) six of which were LSU games
And?? Did he bet to win or lose? Is there any proof that he bet to lose and played to lose? Or did he bet to win and play to win?

1) Agree completely.
2) I think betting on a game you're playing in should be a big No No. Too much gray area to be questioned. Other games I don't care about at all. But games you play in should be shunned.