• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stillers week, with PFF matchups....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First we'll look at team Categories:

Bengals run block -0.7 and rush -0.9 vs Stillers run defense +1.2
Bengals pass block +6.3 and pass +1.8 vs Stillers pass rush +1.2 and coverage +0.7

Nothing wrong with the Stillers defense. The Bengals will have trouble running the ball vs Pittsburgh, as usual. If the pass blocking holds up and the tight ends play well again they should be able to move it through the air. Hopefully Dalton can build on his +2.5 performance last week in Chicago.

Stillers run block -4.5 and rush -4.3 vs Bengals run defense +7.1
Stillers pass block -2.3 and pass +2.7 vs Bengals pass rush +0.3 and coverage -3.7

If the pass rush doesn't improve Roethlisberger could make it a long day for the Bengals' secondary. Steelers running backs played horribly last week, and they re-signed Bengals killer Jonathan Dwyer to help. If the Bengals can play well against the run and shut Dwyer down, that will help the pass rush in getting there, which in turn should help the secondary in coverage. Coach Tomlin has named Isaac Redman as the starter this week despite his 8 carries for only 9 yards and two fumbles lost last week, and his grade of -2.3...Dwyer can be a factor spelling him, though.

Idk how those figures will factor this week, but the last 5 meetings CIN has scored 17 pts or less. Steelers have a long way to go on OFC themselves...that tells me this will be a fairly close game again with the winner scoring no more than 21 to 24 pts.

I picked against my boys this week 24-20, but I hope I'm wrong because the rematch will be part of a long stretch of consecutive games..

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals have played poorly vs the Steelers at home, and poorly recently on MNF.....those trends are beyond the relative PFF stats. The Bengals are a touchdown favorite, and anyone who lays the points is crazy imo.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals have played poorly vs the Steelers at home, and poorly recently on MNF.....those trends are beyond the relative PFF stats. The Bengals are a touchdown favorite, and anyone who lays the points is crazy imo.

Agreed, trying to get PIT money flowing imo.

These DIV games always boil down to the trenches...probably not going to win many battles vs Atkins...PIT has to be able to run @ Peko...when they do run, but imo Ben has to have a big night for PIT to win...the rookie Wheaton needs to factor as well.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cincy wins with neither team scoring more than 17 points. That's all I got.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers' defense always keeps them in the game, no matter how badly the offense is playing. I'll say the same thing I said about the first game. Someone is going to win 20-17.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, trying to get PIT money flowing imo.

These DIV games always boil down to the trenches...probably not going to win many battles vs Atkins...PIT has to be able to run @ Peko...when they do run, but imo Ben has to have a big night for PIT to win...the rookie Wheaton needs to factor as well.

Good observation.....Peko is the weak link in our dline.....he's the only consistent negative PFF grader among the starters.....he's supposed to be this awesome run stuffer, but his grades consistently contradict that theory.....

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers' defense always keeps them in the game, no matter how badly the offense is playing. I'll say the same thing I said about the first game. Someone is going to win 20-17.

Agree. Steelers D does keep them in the game. With a terrible offense, the scores will always be low. I also pick a close game of 20 - 17. Who? I am leaning towards Cincy.