• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stevie Y to Tampa

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it a hunch, but I can see Stevie getting on the phone with the Blackhawks pretty quickly. The Bolts have St. Louis for one more year at $4M, and the Hawks need to dump salary. If I'm Yzerman, I'm informing Chicago that I can GLADLY give them a cheap, top line winger AND take Huet off their hands... oh and by the way, it has to involve someone who's last name is Sharp, Versteeg, Byfuglien, Hjalmarsson, etc...

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it a hunch, but I can see Stevie getting on the phone with the Blackhawks pretty quickly. The Bolts have St. Louis for one more year at $4M, and the Hawks need to dump salary. If I'm Yzerman, I'm informing Chicago that I can GLADLY give them a cheap, top line winger AND take Huet off their hands... oh and by the way, it has to involve someone who's last name is Sharp, Versteeg, Byfuglien, Hjalmarsson, etc...

I'd rather have Huet & Hjalmarsson.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going a bit sideways on this ... I heard Stevie Y was making 1.5 million with Detroit doing lord knows what

is there anything in the cba that prohibits such a post playing career agreement? There could be nothing to this but whos to say a player would take less money in his final years as a player so the team could sign more players and be promised (on the down low) a cushy front office job post career

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
going a bit sideways on this ... I heard Stevie Y was making 1.5 million with Detroit doing lord knows what

is there anything in the cba that prohibits such a post playing career agreement? There could be nothing to this but whos to say a player would take less money in his final years as a player so the team could sign more players and be promised (on the down low) a cushy front office job post career

officially, you can't defray salary or bonuses.
unofficially??? well, let's just say Brett Hull's talent has never been his head for the game.
so why is/was he a co-GM as his first job out of the game?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw an unlikely name out there. Former Columbus coach and NHL player Gerard Gallant. As I mentioned in the Memorial Cup thread he recently won coach of the year and he and Stevie Y are still very close friends from their time playing in Detroit together. Its hard to imagine that Stevie Y wouldn't at least talk to Gallant about it. The question is whether or not Gallant would be available. He just finished the first year of a 3 year contract with the Sea Dogs. Rumour has it that his contract may not have an out clause to goto a higher level which most CHL coaches have.

sTyLnK

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets to come to a team and build around Stevie Stamkos. Like he'll have to do anything. ;)

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I was running the Hawks Hjalmarsson is the last of the 4 I trade.