• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Sarkisian Takes USC Job

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news for those who love Fisher, and in turn Bradford and Stupidheimer, oops, Shottenheimer. Now that USC is off the table it just convinces me more that Fisher isn't going anywhere, and next year will be more of the same---fake punts deep in our own territory, using Tavon Austin as a decoy, 3 yard passes and a cloud of dust, etc. Sigh.....:bawling::gaah::doh::what::sadbron::lm:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, lets try to be positive. it's only his 3rd season on a team that was the worst in NFL history over the last 10 years. Other teams can't compare with how bad the Rams are/were.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, lets try to be positive. it's only his 3rd season on a team that was the worst in NFL history over the last 10 years. Other teams can't compare with how bad the Rams are/were.
Hello, second season ain't done yet, can't be his third.

It just seems that way because soooo much has happened!

Let's all give Jeff Fisher, one of the most tenured head coaches in the NFL, a little bit of wiggle room before we show him the door.

I know this ain't you jacobarch however a lot of folks here on these boards have short term memory loss.

In the last 5 years prior to Jeff Fisher we were 15-65 for a .1875 winning percentage :laugh3:

In one season and 11 games, Jeff Fisher is 12-14-1 for about a .462 winning percentage. :clap:

Give this guys some rope guys, we all know where we've come from....Geeezzzz!!!! :gaah:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, let's not forget that Jeff is having most of his problems inside the Division.

Just like most teams in the NFL are having problems in our Division.

The NFL West is currently dubbed the toughest Divisions in the NFL and actually has been for all of Jeff Fishers tenure as a Rams HC.

The irony, just the 5 years before that when we were our weakest, so was our Division.:wtf2:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're in the toughest division, and yeah, we're better than we were a few years ago. But we also have a heck of a lot more talent than we did then (allegedly), thanks to constantly being near the top of the draft board. So I would think we'd be better by default. After all, that's what the draft order is supposed to do isn't it? And what does being in the division have to do with calling fake punts deep in our own territory, or undisciplined play leading to penalties (Which we've been near the top for two years running now--coincidentally since Fisher has been coach) How does the division we play in cause us to hire bumbling OC and DCs? How is it responsible for the coaches misusing Tavon Austin or the rest of the talent we have with a stone-age offense?

Sorry, I just don't see it. Agree or disagree, that's your prerogative, but Fisher's long tenure at Tennessee, other than a couple good seasons was mediocre. I drank the cool-aid too when he was hired. But my beliefs and opinions evolve with the continuing evidence I see. Yes, I agree Fisher is better than Linehan, Haslet, or Spagnolo, but a can of creamed corn was also smarter than those idiots.

The two most important components for a team to succeed in the NFL is a great QB and a great coach. The paradigm of that is New England. Unfortunately we are missing both.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fake punt was obviously a terrible call, but it takes time to rebuild through the draft. The Rams have a bit of an edge with the extra 1sts (thanks Skins!), but younger players still need time to develop.

As far as Austin goes, he was a slow starter (partially due to some untimely penalties), but he does lead the league in rookie WR TDs (6), is 4th in rookie WR receptions (35) and 7th in rookie WR receiving yards (403). He's first in rookie PR yards (269) and 4th in rookie KR yards (272), despite splitting time there with Cunningham, who's 3rd in KR yards (297). It's not like the kid isn't making an impact.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not willing to throw in the towel on Fisher. I hated the 4th down fake punt call deep in our own end, too, but at least the guy is trying to make something happen once in awhile.

I'd like to see Austin on the field all of the time and a lot more of Stedman Bailey. The Rams have an excellent opportunity to improve markedly through next year's draft. Just get the best there is available and let these guys play.

A new QB would help, too. What about Cousins in Washington? He does well every time he comes in for RG III.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Silas, if the Rams want to cough-up a second and third, I am sure we can pry Cousins away from Washington because he is a pretty good QB in his own right. Better yet, trade Bradford for Cousins and say one of our numerous 7th round picks straight up.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not willing to throw in the towel on Fisher. I hated the 4th down fake punt call deep in our own end, too, but at least the guy is trying to make something happen once in awhile.

I'd like to see Austin on the field all of the time and a lot more of Stedman Bailey. The Rams have an excellent opportunity to improve markedly through next year's draft. Just get the best there is available and let these guys play.

A new QB would help, too. What about Cousins in Washington? He does well every time he comes in for RG III.

Cousins is a good QB I just wouldn't want it to be something like Klob or Flynn. While Cousins has a bigger sample size I just don't know if he would survive the Rams. It seems like in the last 10 years it's a place where QB's come to die. lol

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even see that as a remote possibility Retro. Washington couldn't afford to have two high priced QBs on their roster. And then there would always be dissention because one or the other would want to be starting. I think a better choice would be to shop Bradford around to maybe Tennessee or Minnesota or Tampa Bay. At this point Minnesota would be ideal, since they desperately need a QB and they will have a very high pick in this year's draft. Could we finagle/sucker them into possibly giving us a 1st rounder for Bradford? Probably not, but a 2nd I would think wouldn't be out of the question.