• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephen A. Smith needs to SHUT UP!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is nearly 50 and while he certainly has inside info at times, at times he acts like he does when he does not. He is not playing hoops with his sixers like he did, he is not being invited to hang out with AI and the boys I am sure (the new stars are half his age). That was his advantage. He speaks before he thinks and I am sure people now stay clear of him. It gets old as a shtick

Then don't listen to him - look at someone else.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF. I am merely making a comment . Why are you so defensive of this guy?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF. I am merely making a comment . Why are you so defensive of this guy?

Not really - It just seems that everyone is getting so angry with the dude's comments - I'm just saying turn the guy off it he gets you that upset.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I want the God honest opinion about something, im listening to Stephen A. Or Charles Barkley.

With this I agree. Both of these guys are going to tell you exactly what they think. Right or wrong. Good, bad or indifferent, they both speak their mind.

Stephen A.'s schtick just wears thin for me. Barkley delivers his opinions with some wit and humor. Stephen A. delivers his like he 's angry all the time.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Trojan.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to the Barkley clan or Stephen Smith - come to think of it there isn't a single reporter/writer or whatever on the ESPN networks with the exception of Ireland and Mychal Thompson that I do like.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is nearly 50 and while he certainly has inside info at times, at times he acts like he does when he does not. He is not playing hoops with his sixers like he did, he is not being invited to hang out with AI and the boys I am sure (the new stars are half his age). That was his advantage. He speaks before he thinks and I am sure people now stay clear of him. It gets old as a shtick

Naw, I think you are wrong, but I guess we'll never know.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this I agree. Both of these guys are going to tell you exactly what they think. Right or wrong. Good, bad or indifferent, they both speak their mind.

Stephen A.'s schtick just wears thin for me. Barkley delivers his opinions with some wit and humor. Stephen A. delivers his like he 's angry all the time.

Can you blame him? I'll be angry too, if my hairline was disappearing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you blame him? I'll be angry too, if my hairline was disappearing.

Truthfully - the only thing I want from the news is the information as to what is happening. I don't consider the opinions of people with large egos like Smith or Barkley to any more informed or less than the right wing posters in the politics room here on sportshoopla. I don't need their opinions, I don't pay attention to them and I don't plan too start. I am able to form my own opinions without any help from them and just like them, It will turn out that I right sometimes and wrong sometimes. Big Deal

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is nothing wrong with being personable, but I see your point. He has to realize that the average player in the NBA is what like 27? He's almost 50 years old! He can't get away with that anymore. These are not your boys. Sure have a friendship with them, but Stephen A acts like he's out and about with these guys hitting stuff up.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing wrong with being personable, but I see your point. He has to realize that the average player in the NBA is what like 27? He's almost 50 years old! He can't get away with that anymore. These are not your boys. Sure have a friendship with them, but Stephen A acts like he's out and about with these guys hitting stuff up.

I get what you're saying - I am 55 and have no children, but I do have a relationship with all of my nephews and nieces. With some of them, however that relationship is a friendship and we enjoy doing things together as friends and there is nothing wrong with that. S Smith is not their daddy or their uncle, so he can talk to them as a friend if he likes and that's okay to. I suppose I am old school, however because with my nephews and niece, there are certain boundaries that I have set and among those boundaries, I demand to be treated as an elder with respect. I also treat them with respect in such a way that lets them to know I am their elder. This has helped me over the years to resolve conflict among the siblings and keep them on the straight and narrow.