• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers hire Mike Munchak as O-Line coach

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent hire! PIT has HOF-ers everywhere on the coaching staff!

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if we can just keep everyone healthy :hope: and keep Ben and Haley growing together. Also, speed at CB please.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not supposed to talk about the H-word! But yea at least for the O-line's sake. They at least keep the cart crews employed…

nfl_a_mpouncts_300.jpg

images

decastro-1.jpg

I wonder if any medical staffs in the NFL say: "Damn the Steelers are coming into town. Better gas up the gator!"

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not have done better.

I'm one of the few that think Adams is still the long term answer @ LT...we now have an OL coach that should be able to get the max out of this guy and we'll know by the draft strategy what he thinks of his OTs.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not have done better.

I'm one of the few that think Adams is still the long term answer @ LT...we now have an OL coach that should be able to get the max out of this guy and we'll know by the draft strategy what he thinks of his OTs.

I hope you're right because right now I think he's absolute garbage. I thought he was this so called stud LT. At least DeCastro is coming around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right because right now I think he's absolute garbage. I thought he was this so called stud LT. At least DeCastro is coming around.

He's played like garbage at times...especially @ LT.

Here's what I'm looking at...going back the last 7 or 8 years...there have been a lot of OTs taken high in the draft every year...the only guys I'm aware of that were LT anchors from day one have been Joe Thomas (CLE) and most recently Matt Kalil (MIN) the rest of them have all played mostly RT if they played much as rookies and moved over to LT the following year, or they struggled as a rookie playinng LT.

2013...Fisher (KC), Joeckyl (JAX), Johnson (PHI) (top 4 off the board)...I don't think any of them started @ LT this yr.

2012...Kalil (MIN), Rieff (DET)...mentioned Kalil, Reiff is a starter @ LT now

2011...Tyrone Smith, DAL...starting LT

2010...Russell Okung (SEA) Anthony Davis (SF)...both starting I think Davis is a RT.

These guys were mostly top 10 picks...I think it takes a year to see all of the different pass rushers and learned what they do best, etc for any young LT. Adams without any positive test was a late 1st rounder at best imo...just wasn't ready to play LT after playing 9 games @ RT as a rookie...after he got benched, I think he played better, with more confidence.

Is he really a LT in the NFL...idk for sure, but I do know that 4 games is not enough of a sample to say for certain. I also think a HOF OL will be able to tell, so I think we'll know this fall.