• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: STEELERS/BROWNS

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With seconds left in the game up two possessions...the QB felt there was no need for him to be taken to the ground and he over reacted to hit.

That didn't warrant Garrett's reaction.

So Garrett should just have accepted Rudolph trying to rip his helmet off, and twisting Garrett's neck in the process... that is seems to be your opinion.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Artest literally went into the stands to start fighting a fan that poured beer on him. And got no felony.

I don’t recall all the details around that event but it might be because the fan refused to press charges. IIRC they actually became friends.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Garrett just separates instead of grabbing Rudolphs helmet off, that isn't even a penalty on Rudoph much less a legitimate provocation for what followed.

Well...once NY starts digging into it there's a good chance they deem Rudolph's reaction to being taken to the ground too extreme.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Garrett should just have accepted Rudolph trying to rip his helmet off, and twisting Garrett's neck in the process... that is seems to be your opinion.

Yes. If he can’t defend himself without using a weapon, oh well.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the Denver game I said the Browns needed to win 2 of their next three to save their season. They did that and they have righted the ship.

They will probably need to run the table to make the playoffs. Most likely they'll finish 8-8 though

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it have been a felony if Artest went after the correct fan?

I mean Jermaine O Neal didn't catch a felony either.

They weren't even charged with one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I have an opinion...I'll give it.

TBH, I don't have an opinion on what Garrett's reaction should've been...I can only say we are where we are with this due to the way he did respond.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have an opinion...I'll give it.

TBH, I don't have an opinion on what Garrett's reaction should've been...I can only say we are where we are with this due to the way he did respond.

It's fair to say 99.5 percent of America thinks it was significantly overkill. Including his own team.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, Garret should not have swung the helmet...

Mason had two chances to not let it get to this point:

1. Not trying to rip off Garrett's helmet with two hands, violently twisting Garrett's neck while Garret has already released him (or is releasing him) after a tackle.

2. Not charging at Garrett AROUND De Castro when Garret is being led/pushed away by De Castro.

This all started with Rudolph taking exception to the defense treating a 'normal' football play like a normal football play when run by the offense. Even though the situation was this that running a normal football play was completely pointless... (let alone run a play which by design all but invites the QB being hit).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll readily admit mason is a douchebag.

@1:25 start it.

Watch the video and watch Garrett's tackle. It was way late, and he's doing wrestling moves twisting him around, and got on top of him, continuing to wrestle him. mason retaliated, and he was wrong for that. But Garrett was giving him the business well after the (late) tackle was over.

So Mason is innocent bc he was tackled late (if he was)? LOL Garrett was playing football, it happens (at the beginning of the play). Mason rips his helmet off. He was involved in starting this altercation and he deserves a lesser suspension but he absolutely has blame in this. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

We all know that what Myles did was wrong...so that this point that shouldnt even be in question

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mason is innocent bc he was tackled late (if he was)? LOL Garrett was playing football, it happens (at the beginning of the play). Mason rips his helmet off. He was involved in starting this altercation and he deserves a lesser suspension but he absolutely has blame in this. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

We all know that what Myles did was wrong...so that this point that shouldnt even be in question

Literally nobody is saying Mason is innocent.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to keep this in perspective, it's not like he pushed a qb down that had scrambled out of the pocket like that monster Suh did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, Garret should not have swung the helmet...

Mason had two chances to not let it get to this point:

1. Not trying to rip off Garrett's helmet with two hands, violently twisting Garrett's neck while Garret has already released him (or is releasing him) after a tackle.

2. Not charging at Garrett AROUND De Castro when Garret is being led/pushed away by De Castro.

This all started with Rudolph taking exception to the defense treating a 'normal' football play like a normal football play when run by the offense. Even though the situation was this that running a normal football play was completely pointless... (let alone run a play which by design all but invites the QB being hit).

And that's why Mason should be fined and suspended as well. I don't care if it is just one game, you can't let him get away with what he did. It sets another precedent that QB's are protected like newborns in this league and they can do whatever they want.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fair to say 99.5 percent of America thinks it was significantly overkill. Including his own team.

IIRC, the last Browns win over the Steelers was in '14, over 5 yrs ago...there was a lot of pent up frustration that came out in that game I'm sure...well they did it last night. Of course it counts, but Garrett's behavior had to take some luster off it...even for the hated Steelers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, the last Browns win over the Steelers was in '14, over 5 yrs ago...there was a lot of pent up frustration that came out in that game I'm sure...well they did it last night. Of course it counts, but Garrett's behavior had to take some luster off it...even for the hated Steelers.

It doesn't even feel like a win. I mean even before the fight. the offense looked below average and Kitchens sucks so either way...I could care less. The season has been over and over for awhile now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph is a frickin tool. And then after all the ruckus, watch him in the huddle with the stupid smirk and acting like he did something cool. What a punk ass.

Despite Rudolph instigating this, Garrett's reaction was ridiculous. The dude definitely needs therapy.
I mean Rudolph probably saved himself a lot of pain by getting garrett suspended for the game 2 weeks from now

Rudolph freaked out and startted ripping Garretts helmet out because he was continually beat the crap out of all game.

Garrett than lost his mind like an idiot.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said repeatedly mason isn't innocent. I freely call him a douchebag who committed his own infractions in the event, and I wouldn't be surprised or upset if he was suspended with the others.

Honestly this might be doing us a favor if it gets mason off the field.

Pouncey has been trash this season, too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett will deserve whatever suspension he gets

but this much is 100% true

if not for Rudolph acting like a baby none of this happens.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the benefit of seeing multiple times...

Rudolph responded like he did imo because the ball was gone really before Garrett made contact. I'm guessing in his mind there was no reason for Garrett to take him to the ground...it's the freakin end of the game.

IMO...no big deal on the QB.

Garrett...his response to it was WWE except it was real. No other way to explain it.

Pouncey...it was good to see him come to the defense of his QB, but he's going to miss a game.

The link that Dutchbird gave is the same video that I saw in which I commented on. I don't think that's late at all, and in fact, the way Garrett brings him down....he drags him down on top of him. Not exactly some late, lights out hit that takes players out. I don't know if Garrett was flagged for a late hit or not because all hell broke loose after.

It was after they were both on the ground that Rudolph goes for Garretts helmet, and then MG exploded. I can understand why Rudolph did what he did, now knowing what a night he had....he had to be frustrated.

As I've said....Garrett should be tossed for the rest of the year, but Rudolph isn't completely innocent.