• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: STEELERS/BROWNS

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll readily admit mason is a douchebag.

@1:25 start it.

Watch the video and watch Garrett's tackle. It was way late, and he's doing wrestling moves twisting him around, and got on top of him, continuing to wrestle him. mason retaliated, and he was wrong for that. But Garrett was giving him the business well after the (late) tackle was over.

Superbelt, I already used this video earlier in this very thread, pointing out the nonsense of the argument.

- Garrett is NOT late. He does not even have to take an additional step to be able to hang off Rudolph before Rudolph has lost touch with the ball. In fact, he already has Rudolph in his grasp while the ball has still at least a full yard to travel (if not more) before it is caught. So WAY late is completely off the table. If this is a WAY late hit - as you argue - then there are dozens of way late hits in every single football game that do not get called (and that includes way late hits/tackles on Tom Brady.

- Garrett NEVER gets on top of Rudolph. Absolute BS! Rudolph is on to of Garrett, when Garrett actually lets him go. Garrett 'rolling on top of him' as you Mason apologists mention all the time is actually the result of Rudolph grabbing Garrett's helmet with two hands (face-mask and back of helmet) and rolling away). As is CLEARLY shown in the video at 1:49-1:50. If Garrett had not rolled on top of Rudolph - being pulled by his helmet - we could have seen Garret end up with a broken neck.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs do get tackled late, but not at the fucking end of the game...if that happened earlier in the game Rudolph gets back up and goes the huddle just like he did with the previous QB hits. Should Rudolph get a fine? Yeah, he probably should, but looking at the big picture of where the game was at that time, I understand why he reacted like he did.

Feel free to hate the Steelers, you have good reason being at the brunt of some many loses...but his response to what Rudolph did was not part of football. Anyone condoning that at any level you may as well be watching WWE.

THIS WAS NOT A LATE TACKLE by any reasonable stretch of the imagination.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grinding on the wrong detail.

It was a bang bang play so I will back off saying "clearly" anything. Whether he released the ball before contact or not is not really worth debating imo.

What is not debatable...the defender knew the ball was gone when he had him in the grasp...at that point in the game there was no need to take the QB to the ground...that's what the QB was responding to...should he have responded the way he did? No, but in the context of where the game was at that time I understand the reaction from the QB.

BTW, Rudolph stepping away with Garret draped all over him is part of the problem in the whole sequence. And Garrett having let go could actually have been more dangerous (for the knees) and - based on the past, might actually have drawn a flag...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone realizes that already. Myles’ act will take a major suspension. Mason needs to be suspended as well, at least one game.

If you feel Rudolph had no reason to be pissed...I can see that.

IDK if he should miss a game, but he should be fined....it was an overreaction to being tackled to the ground.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superbelt, I already used this video earlier in this very thread, pointing out the nonsense of the argument.

- Garrett is NOT late. He does not even have to take an additional step to be able to hang off Rudolph before Rudolph has lost touch with the ball. In fact, he already has Rudolph in his grasp while the ball has still at least a full yard to travel (if not more) before it is caught. So WAY late is completely off the table. If this is a WAY late hit - as you argue - then there are dozens of way late hits in every single football game that do not get called (and that includes way late hits/tackles on Tom Brady.

- Garrett NEVER gets on top of Rudolph. Absolute BS! Rudolph is on to of Garrett, when Garrett actually lets him go. Garrett 'rolling on top of him' as you Mason apologists mention all the time is actually the result of Rudolph grabbing Garrett's helmet with two hands (face-mask and back of helmet) and rolling away). As is CLEARLY shown in the video at 1:49-1:50. If Garrett had not rolled on top of Rudolph - being pulled by his helmet - we could have seen Garret end up with a broken neck.

If Garrett just separates instead of grabbing Rudolphs helmet off, that isn't even a penalty on Rudoph much less a legitimate provocation for what followed.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assault is defined as the threat of bodily harm that reasonably causes fear of harm in the victim while battery is the actual physical impact on another person. If the victim has not actually been touched, but only threatened (or someone attempted to touch them), then the crime is assault."

You're welcome

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll amend.

The contact wasn't way late. But the takedown was.

Otherwise, I stand by my posts. Garrett was already working his way on top of mason, after twisting him around on the ground, before mason reached for the helmet.

I'm not excusing mason at all in this. He absolutely has fault. But Garrett started it, and finished it.

mason deserves a fine here, too. And I wouldn't complain if he got a game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS WAS NOT A LATE TACKLE by any reasonable stretch of the imagination.

With seconds left in the game up two possessions...the QB felt there was no need for him to be taken to the ground and he over reacted to hit.

That didn't warrant Garrett's reaction.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is. "Does Garrett support impeachment"

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six would be historic in length other than Vontez as is

It should be historic.

Garrett did something that was historically bad (no one has ever swung a helmet in that fashion at a helmetless player that I am aware of). And to top it off he did it in this new era of player safety.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the video. That’s a felony off the field. Garrett should undergo and pass a mental health evaluation before ever being allowed to play again.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have your blinders on for part of your story. When Garrett was being separated quickly by other players by about 10-15 yards from where the tackle happened. Mason got up and ran over to continue to instigate Garrett...... he should not have gone back over to him talking shit.

Mason clearly said some very derogatory things to Garrett AND tried to rip his helmet off. I'd love for Garrett to come out and tell us all what was said to him...........

Like someone else said, mason, lit the wick of Garrett.

What Mason did wasnt anything we dont see most NFL weekends.

What Garrett did was something we have never quite seen before.

Yes Mason has SOME culpability. But it doesnt diminish the bad actions of Garrett.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph is a frickin tool. And then after all the ruckus, watch him in the huddle with the stupid smirk and acting like he did something cool. What a punk ass.

Despite Rudolph instigating this, Garrett's reaction was ridiculous. The dude definitely needs therapy.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. The rematch of the Browns/Steelers in pittsburgh should be interesting.......

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Garrett just separates instead of grabbing Rudolphs helmet off, that isn't even a penalty on Rudoph much less a legitimate provocation for what followed.

So Rudolph trying to rip off Garrett's helmet (and violently twisting Garrett's neck in the process) is NOT worthy of a penalty? WTF?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Rudolph stepping away with Garret draped all over him is part of the problem in the whole sequence. And Garrett having let go could actually have been more dangerous (for the knees) and - based on the past, might actually have drawn a flag...

Speculating there but you could be right too.

At this point we know Garrett and Pouncey will be missing some time over this, maybe Rudolph and Ogunjobi as well.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the video. That’s a felony off the field. Garrett should undergo and pass a mental health evaluation before ever being allowed to play again.

Ron Artest literally went into the stands to start fighting a fan that poured beer on him. And got no felony.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. The rematch of the Browns/Steelers in pittsburgh should be interesting.......
Which is why I think any suspension is a minimum 2 games.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll amend.

The contact wasn't way late. But the takedown was.

Otherwise, I stand by my posts. Garrett was already working his way on top of mason, after twisting him around on the ground, before mason reached for the helmet.

I'm not excusing mason at all in this. He absolutely has fault. But Garrett started it, and finished it.

mason deserves a fine here, too. And I wouldn't complain if he got a game.

Explain to me how Garrett could work his way on top of Mason when he has already let go of Mason (his hands come off the back and are clearly released) at 1:30 into the video - with Rudolph only just sliding off top at that point), and Garrett's head is clearly the first thing that moves onto Rudolph. Rudolph at that point already has Garrett's facemask in his hand.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is. "Does Garrett support impeachment"

The helmet swing was perfect.

And even if he did swing a helmet, what specific law did he break? No where in the NFL rule book does it specifically state that you cant remove the other guys helmet and beat him with it.

Witch hunt.