• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of PA suing NCAA

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
filing an anti-trust lawsuit against the sanctions, presser tomorrow 11am. Only 7 months late. Guess Corbett thought sacrificing the football team would get him 60 mil in fines to spread to state organizations to help his campaign. NCAA taking most of it out of state now, so they are fighting sanctions. Will be interesting to hear NCAA folks under oath. Here's where they get lessened, NCAA wants no part of court after just losing to USC there. I'll gladly take 1 more bowl off and 10 ships a year back. Can't wait to hear Emmert's reply

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they pulled no punches in going after Emmert big time. Quoting all his contradicting statements in the suit, also blasted Gee of OSU in it as well. Can't imagine NCAA wants this to make it to court, hope they get cut in half, which is still bullshit, but we can be a force with 75 ships and bowl games to recruit with. Would love to see the victims who spoke out against the sanctions testify on state's behalf. That would destroy NCAA defense of "its to help the victims"

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be self serving in this response...

Hopefully BOB is affected by this move & decides to stay. Hopefully this works out in PSU's favor. It really all comes down to who is more powerful, the state of PA or the NCAA. I think, but am not sure that Pennsylvania is stronger.

Fingers crossed. This is no doubt getting a ton of press.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be self serving in this response...

Hopefully BOB is affected by this move & decides to stay. Hopefully this works out in PSU's favor. It really all comes down to who is more powerful, the state of PA or the NCAA. I think, but am not sure that Pennsylvania is stronger.

Fingers crossed. This is no doubt getting a ton of press.

Why would you think he's leaving?? His buyout would make him an 8-9 million per year investment with 1 year of experience and an 8-4 career record. Any team that wants to spend that can just go get Cowher, Gruden or Dungy who've all won Rings ion the NFL

As for the case, the NCAA has everything to lose and will likely settle out of court if they can't get it dismissed. If it goes the distance and they lose, it could be the end of the NCAA. If they also decide to fight it through the entire length of sanctions and lose, the financial damages to NCAA could be huge. Read over some of the lawsuit and it really goes after Emmertt for contradicting himself all year on his media tour, also takes shots at Gee from OSU which was amusing. The fact victims are speaking out in favor of the suit and saying the NCAA is out of line saying the sanctions help the victims certainly won't hurt.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you think he's leaving?? His buyout would make him an 8-9 million per year investment with 1 year of experience and an 8-4 career record. Any team that wants to spend that can just go get Cowher, Gruden or Dungy who've all won Rings ion the NFL

Well... Its all over the news. Heard it could possibly happen as soon as Monday.. This would really, really blow.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed he's staying. Never a doubt for me. He had a slight power struggle with Joyner, had as much leverage as he may ever have, took an interview, took care of his staff and Joyner is pretty much done. This is great on several levels. BOB can say he had chances to go to NFL but his heart is PSU, recruits will eat that shit up. Joyner has also butted heads with many other coaches and they are probably ecstatic BOB won this battle.

He never had any intention of leaving.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed he's staying. Never a doubt for me. He had a slight power struggle with Joyner, had as much leverage as he may ever have, took an interview, took care of his staff and Joyner is pretty much done. This is great on several levels. BOB can say he had chances to go to NFL but his heart is PSU, recruits will eat that shit up. Joyner has also butted heads with many other coaches and they are probably ecstatic BOB won this battle.

He never had any intention of leaving.

I'm thrilled by this. Hopefully I'm not nervous abt him leaving for a good long time now.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thrilled by this. Hopefully I'm not nervous abt him leaving for a good long time now.

I think we are good for 2-4 more years, but that's ok. By then, the NCAA will probably have settled and lessened sanctions, the Freeh agency period is over after this season and BOB will have program where it needs to be before he bolts for NFL. This year would have been an absolute disaster and he knew it so he used that leverage. If he bolted now, I don't know if we would have had enough guys to field a team. Entire class would have fled, half the roster would have transferred immediately, we would've been screwed. I am very happy he got the structural changes he wanted and once again, Terry Pegula steps up to the plate with 1.3 mil. Thank god we have some heavy hitters with big wallets whop understand the importance of keeping this guy NOW.

All in all, fantastic news because it helps keep Chambers as well, who is doing a great job with hoops. Joyner is an unqualified douchebag and they should have moved to replace him already. This makes it certain a new AD will be brought in sooner than later.