• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting Over Plan

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Chip
Fire Davis
Trade Murray in hopes of regaining draft picks. Several contending teams could use a good RB.
Cut Austin
Trade Kelce (after the season)
Cut Sanchez
Cut Maxwell despite the cap hit
Hire a real football guy as GM
Gut the OL and rebuild

The longer I think the more I will come up with.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you forget Cooper? :nono:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't resign Bradford. Draft the best QB in the draft. We will have a top 10 pick. They won't cut Maxwell. It would cause too much damage to the cap.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't trade Demarco, he has an enormous contract. The best hope is to draft a QB and rebuild the offensive line next year, hope a guy like Agholor pans out (doesn't look good) and lose at least a few more years while you rebuild.

Crash_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles got a long way to go...I guess QB is top priority in next year's draft.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately like 10 teams need QBs. And we have no second rounder. We are screwed.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine. These guys have quit on the coaches (don't underestimate that) but other than a WR and Olineman or two we're not that far out. A good coach could turn this around quickly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Andy Reid's not available.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine. These guys have quit on the coaches (don't underestimate that) but other than a WR and Olineman or two we're not that far out. A good coach could turn this around quickly.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but I really don't buy into the lost the locker room or the guys have quit on the coaches idea...at least not in the NFL.

There are maybe half a dozen guys on this team that have any sort of job security. Murray, Maxwell, Graham, Barwin, Jenkins, Kendricks. Everyone else (and maybe these guys as well), have their job security very closely tied to the coaches.

Reality is that if the coaching staff is let go, normally over half the team will follow within 1-2 years. The last thing just about any player wants to see is his coach getting fired.

For the same reason, I really don't buy into the idea that guys aren't giving full effort. The NFL is these guys livelihood and you can find yourself out of the league really quick with a little bit of bad film. Very few players can afford to give anything less than full effort.

I feel like I am watching something totally different happen these last two games. Through the first 8, I watched a pretty good defense and an offense that was inconsistent. But these last two games have been a total defensive collapse of epic proportions. Its not clear why? The only significant player loss was Hicks and its not like there is not great depth there. It does feel like there is a locker room problem of some sort going on.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Andy Reid, or Chip Kelly. Keep fishing for a great coach, and hope that great coach gets the ability to draft a great QB. Because in the end it's about that ring, and the ability to be a perennial contender. I was so against the Chip Kelly hire before we hired him, after the first year I started to drink the kool-aid and rightfully so. I don't regret the decision, we took a chance to get the next great coach and it didn't turn out that way after a promising first couple years. Back to the drawing boards. We have a good amount of talent and this is good organization for HC's looking for a new start. 4-12 in best case scenario for us, the loss of the 2nd rounder hurts though. Time to start looking into the draft

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did you find that last pack of kool-aid, behind the refrigerator?

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you find that last pack of kool-aid, behind the refrigerator?
I don't know if Bradford is the answer for the Eagles at QB. The guy is an unproven product in the NFL, and his durability is certainly suspect. Do you think Colin Kaepernick might be a good fit with the right HC and QB coach?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many great coaches. If we gt a solid coach, and a solid GM, they can make sound decisions, and get us back to a solid team with a chance to compete every year. But, we have to find a good QB that is healthy, and makes good, quick decisions. take a look at most of the teams, ala the Panthers, Packers, Cardinals, as examples.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Bradford is the answer for the Eagles at QB. The guy is an unproven product in the NFL, and his durability is certainly suspect. Do you think Colin Kaepernick might be a good fit with the right HC and QB coach?

I don't believe Bradford is the answer for any franchise that wants to be successful. Unproven? The guy is 28 with 6/7years starting in the league. Kelly tried to cut corners believing he was a better judge of talent and coaching than Bradfords previous coaches. I wouldn't get near Kaepernick, that would be doing the same thing all over again.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By saying 'unproven' I was referring to the fact that he has done nothing to show he can take a team anywhere. His QB rating has never been above the low 50s and his injury history suggests he will never complete an entire season without sitting out a few games.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we tried the gimmicky college guru thing and found out again that the college game just doesn't work at the pro level. I think Chip's system "might" have worked, but it had to have the right QB ... none of Foles, Bradford or Sanchez had the right combination of skills and mobility needed to consistently move the chains. I think on the Defensive side, what we could be seeing these last couple of games is the defense losing their legs from a season-long losing battle with time of possession.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we tried the gimmicky college guru thing and found out again that the college game just doesn't work at the pro level. I think Chip's system "might" have worked, but it had to have the right QB ... none of Foles, Bradford or Sanchez had the right combination of skills and mobility needed to consistently move the chains. I think on the Defensive side, what we could be seeing these last couple of games is the defense losing their legs from a season-long losing battle with time of possession.
The college game doesn't work at the pro level because defenders are far to quck and fast to shut down running QBs and make adjustments. When it's all said and done, the traditional pocket passers like Brady, Manning, Rogers have the most success and longest shelf life. Yes, it's great to have a QB that can scramble, get out of the pocket, and thrown on the run, but at the end of the day, the college game plan does not translate to success in the NFL.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The college game doesn't work at the pro level because defenders are far to quck and fast to shut down running QBs and make adjustments. When it's all said and done, the traditional pocket passers like Brady, Manning, Rogers have the most success and longest shelf life. Yes, it's great to have a QB that can scramble, get out of the pocket, and thrown on the run, but at the end of the day, the college game plan does not translate to success in the NFL.
Agree, the road back starts with hiring a solid GM with NFL experience. Let him find his coach. Roseman and Kelly didn't work. Kelly's only experience was to control an entire program, IMO Lurie screwed up going all in with a noob in charge of the whole operation.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tobin had another good game yesterday. wtf is he doing on an nfl roster?

The offence needs more than a qb. There's one guy on that line that's a keeper.

How about a coach that can properly asses his talent and adapting a system that takes advantage of their abilities rather than taking system and cramming players into it. Fox ran some replays and the wr's were so completely covered it looked like the defence knew the routes they were running. They're not fooling anyone anymore on offence, not even crap teams.

DC has got to go. Last year, despite all evidence that fletcher couldn't be left on an island, that he needed help davis left him on an island and we saw the result. He managed to make izell jenkins look like a reasonable player. Did the same thing again yesterday with rowe. wtf is he thinking?

there was so much space in the secondary it was 11 on 7 drills.

This team is lost.