• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh , and since some of you are speculating on whether or not Rey is Luke's kid, don't worry. I already figured it out. In Episode I it's implied that Shmi Skywalker was impregnated by midi-chlorians. Therefore, we know a child can be conceived with only one parent as long midi-chlorians are present. It's not a reach to assume that if midi-chlorians can fertilize an egg, they can also generate a sort of pseudo-egg in the presence of sperm. Luke is very strong in the force and thus has a lot of midi-chlorians in his system.

Taking all that into consideration I can only conclude that Luke visited Jaccu at one point, and while there jerked off in pond or something. The midi-chlorians in his jizz then formed a membrane around the sperm, creating a pseudo-egg. Rey was the result of this second immaculate conception. The memories of her family leaving her on Jaccu were implanted by Snoke to keep her on Jaccu so that Luke didn't discover her. Snoke could have chosen to kill Rey, but didn't because he had foreseen that the grandchild of Vader would be even stronger in the force than Vader himself. He wanted to take this grandchild as a new apprentice but was unsure if his visions referred to Ben (Kylo) or Rey. After Ben turned on Luke he still was not convince that Ben was the answer to his visions, so he left Rey unharmed just in case. Unfortunately he did not foresee the events of Episode VIII because his vision was clouded.

Clouded by what you might ask? Well don't worry, I figured that out as well. It's all because of Finn. You see, he is the illegitimate child of Leia and Lando. After Leia got an abortion at one of Planned Parenthood's many Tatooine locations, the fetus was sold to the First Order. Finn's unforeseen presence within Snoke's ranks was what clouded his vision. Sorry for the spoilers guys, I probably just ruined the rest of the movies for you.

Last edited:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Just got back from it. I know that the script was rushed but they really couldn't come up with something more original than blow up another death star type thing? Droid has a secret file? Need to rescue a woman from said death star? It had its moments but it was basically a 4-6 mash-up. It's saving grace is that it was a lot better than the dumpster fires that were 1-3, which isn't a very high bar.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fury Road was a much better sequel (or reboot or whatever you want to call it). He took Road Warrior, gutted out most of the the plot/dialogue thing, and focused on over the top action. Outrageous stunts with real stuntmen. If you want people to overlook the ridiculousness of twin V-8 monsters that get like 1 mile to the gallon in a gas-starved world then it better be absolutely ridiculous in the best sort of way.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fury Road was a much better sequel (or reboot or whatever you want to call it). He took Road Warrior, gutted out most of the the plot/dialogue thing, and focused on over the top action. Outrageous stunts with real stuntmen. If you want people to overlook the ridiculousness of twin V-8 monsters that get like 1 mile to the gallon in a gas-starved world then it better be absolutely ridiculous in the best sort of way.
I loved Mad Max, too.

I would just add that the tyrants controlling the resources in Mad Max had unlimited access to gas, water, etc. The whole beginning is about a trade between 2 tyrants for the resources each has complete control over...water for gas.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with Rey's acceleration into her force abilities.

From the get go, Kasdan and Abrams made it clear that Rey was using the force A LOT by instinct. Just like Luke (and even Anakin), she was way beyond the age of padawan, but was still powerful enough in the force to resist Kylo Ren who was trained by Luke himself.

She's an extremely powerful wielder of the force even without any proper training is what I take away form it.

How did she hear BB-8 even though he was a football field away and over a dune of sand? The force. How was she so great with piloting and engineering even though she had flown and engineered nothing in her time on Jakku? The force. She had a crazy force vision just touching a lighsabre for fuck's sake.

I love that it took the CGI candyland nightmare of horse shit that was eps 1-3, and pretended they didn't exist.

She said she has flown before - just never left the atmosphere. I think you are assuming too much naivete on her part. She knew about Han, the Millennium Falcon, etc. as well. She is a spacecraft geek.

I agree she is a Skywalker, though.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

A few people are just being silly.

Chewie hit him in the side with a crossbow laser hit, and then Fin slashed him across his sword arm in their fight. He was significantly weakened by the time Rey started fight him, and it wasn't exactly subtle.

In ep 4, Luke was a farmer with zero training in hand weapons, and after an extremely limited time with Kenobi, he was able to use a lightsaber to hit laser shots while blindfolded, and a short time later, aim and/or guide missiles down a shoot to destroy the Deathstar.

Then we have Rey who had already shown she was using the force through instinct with these:
1) her instant understanding of languages
2) untrained flying prowess
3) untrained engineering prowess
4) powerful force visions
5) fighting off Ren's mind assault

Combine that with her high skill in using a hand weapon.

And somehow it's inconceivable that she can do some exploring of her powers on her own, and then hold her own against a highly weakened Ren? Really?

Also, Ren wasn't trying to kill her, which he probably still could have. Snoke ordered him to bring her to him, his goal wasn't to defeat her it was to bring her to the darkside, which put him at a disadvantage as well. That's what allowed her the time to connect with the force.

Oh , and since some of you are speculating on whether or not Rey is Luke's kid, don't worry. I already figured it out. In Episode I it's implied that Shmi Skywalker was impregnated by midi-chlorians. Therefore, we know a child can be conceived with only one parent as long midi-chlorians are present. It's not a reach to assume that if midi-chlorians can fertilize an egg, they can also generate a sort of pseudo-egg in the presence of sperm. Luke is very strong in the force and thus has a lot of midi-chlorians in his system.

Taking all that into consideration I can only conclude that Luke visited Jaccu at one point, and while there jerked off in pond or something. The midi-chlorians in his jizz then formed a membrane around the sperm, creating a pseudo-egg. Rey was the result of this second immaculate conception. The memories of her family leaving her on Jaccu were implanted by Snoke to keep her on Jaccu so that Luke didn't discover her. Snoke could have chosen to kill Rey, but didn't because he had foreseen that the grandchild of Vader would be even stronger in the force than Vader himself. He wanted to take this grandchild as a new apprentice but was unsure if his visions referred to Ben (Kylo) or Rey. After Ben turned on Luke he still was not convince that Ben was the answer to his visions, so he left Rey unharmed just in case. Unfortunately he did not foresee the events of Episode VIII because his vision was clouded.

Clouded by what you might ask? Well don't worry, I figured that out as well. It's all because of Finn. You see, he is the illegitimate child of Leia and Lando. After Leia got an abortion at one of Planned Parenthood's many Tatooine locations, the fetus was sold to the First Order. Finn's unforeseen presence within Snoke's ranks was what clouded his vision. Sorry for the spoilers guys, I probably just ruined the rest of the movies for you.

On a serious note, I know it's not confirmed that Rey is Luke's daughter but I don't know why the Skywalker lightsaber would call to her. She heard the cries of herself as a child when she was left by her family on Jakku, then she had a vision of Luke and Kylo. If she isn't Skywalker blood then it doesn't seem like there's a way to explain that in a good way.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She said she has flown before - just never left the atmosphere. I think you are assuming too much naivete on her part. She knew about Han, the Millennium Falcon, etc. as well. She is a spacecraft geek.

I agree she is a Skywalker, though.
And flying around in the atmosphere of the planet she never in her life left helped her understand how to bypass something for hyperdrive on the fly? Interesting.

She had heard about Han and such, and thought they were legends. So yeah, naivete. Explicitly so. And really easy to pick up on.

I don't think I'm assuming too much. I think I paid attention.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Ren wasn't trying to kill her, which he probably still could have. Snoke ordered him to bring her to him, his goal wasn't to defeat her it was to bring her to the darkside, which put him at a disadvantage as well. That's what allowed her the time to connect with the force.
That actually does make sense, too. Thanks.

And I agree that she pretty much has to be a Skywalker. Even untrained, she was able to completely block Ren's mind assault, and invade his. I think that shows that she's fundamentally a lot more powerful than him...and it would make sense that she would be stronger in the force as an offspring of Luke than Kylo would be as an offspring of Leia.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference in having the force within and all of a sudden using Jedi powers out of nowhere. If she was aware that she had Jedi powers all along then why didn't she use them to her advantage earlier? For instance, against the barter guy that traded her food for metal? It just doesn't make sense. She's had no Jedi training. But whatever, it is what it is at this point. Moving on...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And flying around in the atmosphere of the planet she never in her life left helped her understand how to bypass something for hyperdrive on the fly? Interesting.

She had heard about Han and such, and thought they were legends. So yeah, naivete. Explicitly so. And really easy to pick up on.

I don't think I'm assuming too much. I think I paid attention.

You're assuming an incredible amount

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kasdan isn't coming back for eps 8-9, by the way.

Just watched an interview of him talking about the writing process for Empire vs the writing process for TFA. Interesting stuff.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference in having the force within and all of a sudden using Jedi powers out of nowhere. If she was aware that she had Jedi powers all along then why didn't she use them to her advantage earlier? For instance, against the barter guy that traded her food for metal? It just doesn't make sense. She's had no Jedi training. But whatever, it is what it is at this point. Moving on...

There is a theory that Rey was actually trained by Luke as a youngling before she was sent to Jakku. She had heard stories about the jedi, it's possible that she heard stories about the jedi's abilities that she believed were a myth and tried them for herself once she realized she was force sensitive or simply remembering her training as a young girl through instinct. We've seen the force used by a relative novice in Kylo Ren in different ways, wouldn't be such a stretch for a master like Luke to wipe her mind in order to protect her.

We just don't know, but these things should come out in the next 2 episodes. I'll judge the storyline in it's entirety once I hear what Luke has to say to Rey in the next film.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a theory that Rey was actually trained by Luke as a youngling before she was sent to Jakku. She had heard stories about the jedi, it's possible that she heard stories about the jedi's abilities that she believed were a myth and tried them for herself once she realized she was force sensitive or simply remembering her training as a young girl through instinct. We've seen the force used by a relative novice in Kylo Ren in different ways, wouldn't be such a stretch for a master like Luke to wipe her mind in order to protect her.

That's honestly the best explanation that I had thought of too. I mentioned it earlier in this thread; Rey having previous training that she can't remember. I also said that Abrams is a super intelligent guy and I chose to believe that he has a master plan and nothing is by mistake. I don't mind that she used Jedi powers in this movie I just with they had provided more background on it not just a quick glimpse of her as a kid when she touched Luke's light saber.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a big part of this is how ambiguous the force is in canon.

i know the EU went in depth with it, but going just off the films, which are independent of EU, it's not always that clear about what the "rules" are of this particular type of sorcery. it's actually pretty smart of the film producers because it means they run less risk of backing themselves into a corner.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they set it up pretty well for Rey to be Luke's daughter, let's look at some things

1. Han Solo offers Rey a job with him in the falcon and the only other time he did that was to Luke, plus he makes it a point to say that Chewy likes her just like he does Luke. I'll admit this is a bit of a stretch but it makes sense.

2. The way Luke's lightsaber calls out to Rey and draws her in, this is also the first time in 30 years that it's done that to anyone.

3. The way Leia hugs Rey after she gets to the Resistance base. This is the first time we've seen them interact on screen and yet the hug is almost like how you would greet a family member you haven't seen in a long time/for the first time.

4. The biggest clue is that R2 powered down when Luke abandoned everyone and only powered up again when Rey steps foot on D'Qar. It's almost as if R2 could sense the presence of a Skywalker.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably my last post here since I'll be in the Spoilers thread from now on, but for those of you going in, it's great. Not perfect, no, but the feeling of Star Wars is there.

Have fun.

Also, there's no credits scene, but the music during the credits is worth staying for.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted to take this grandchild as a new apprentice but was unsure if his visions referred to Ben (Kylo) or Rey. After Ben turned on Luke he still was not convince that Ben was the answer to his visions, so he left Rey unharmed just in case. Unfortunately he did not foresee the events of Episode VIII because his vision was clouded.

*Episode VII. Fuckin' Romans and their numerals.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, I ended up liking the new characters more than I thought I would, even despite some issues.

While I thought the movies was a lot of fun, there were some nitpicky things that bothered me. I mean, the Snoke hologram... really? Even if I get past the fact that he was a ridiculously huge image, why the need for all the CGI? My only conclusion is that in the future, we'll see him do some stuff that's so crazy that they already know they're better off using CGI from the start. That said, I think he could have looked better. I'm not sold on him being Plageus just yet either. I mean, he's clearly not a Munn, granted they could have changed that part.

I didn't really dig how they handled Rey at times either. I mean, when she stops to channel the force for 10-15 seconds in the middle of a duel with Kylo Ren, I found it a bit cheesy.

I thought Kylo ended up being a bit of a bitch boy. That's too bad, because he starts off playing the part the way you would assume. He seemed powerful and ruthless. After that, he just seemed to be a baby with family issues, and how the Hell did Finn give him so much trouble? Claim it's the injury if you want, but he should have handled Finn in about 2 seconds. There was nothing remotely inspiring about his light saber skills. He better learn how to use Force Lightning, because lil' Rey pretty much kicked his ass once she got focused. That said, I could see them making him a little more Vader 2.0 and having him help kill Snoke in episode IX.

Can we get more Poe next time? If all the jokes are saved for Finn, I think Finn might get obnoxious.

Oh, and please don't kill Luke just because you want to push the new stars, Disney!