• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Final - Blackhawks vs Flyers

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for the Flyers, but I think Chicago wins in 6

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for the Flyers, my gut tells me the Hawks take it in six, but how do you count out the Flyers this year? They were down three to freaking zero. You just can't count these guys out. I haven't seen this much heart, drive, and determination on one team in years. The Lappy signing is really paying off, and they are just playing some great hockey.

On a side note, there's something awesome about watching a team advance to the SCFs in their own barn. Watching the crowds makes my skin tingle.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, there's something awesome about watching a team advance to the SCFs in their own barn. Watching the crowds makes my skin tingle.

Totally. Plus, I hope whoever wins the Cup, gets the privilege to win it at home. Been 2 years since we've seen it. Would be cool to see it this year.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is if the Flyers don't win that shootout against the Rag$ on the final day of the regular season, they don't even get a chance to play for Lord Stanley's mug.

Hawks in 7

...and if assholes could fly, Obama would be a 747! :cool:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally. Plus, I hope whoever wins the Cup, gets the privilege to win it at home. Been 2 years since we've seen it. Would be cool to see it this year.

Agreed. Philly is going to be one wild sea of orange and black humanity!!! :D

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks in 5.

Them winning would also make me feel better about my '09 prediction that the next 3 SC champs would be the Pens, Hawks, and then Caps. :)

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and if assholes could fly, Obama would be a 747! :cool:

Might as well switch 747 to Boeing since corporations own both parties. We are screwed unless we stop voting for either party. They have done such a good job dividing the country so that they won't dare "throw away" their votes on an independent. This country is turning into a mess quickly and neither party is helping.

Onto my prediction, I think Hawks in 6 but am hoping for Flyers in 6.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hawks in 5. sorry flyers fans, as well as they've been playing i just think that the hawks have been winning everything (even games that they had no buisness winning).

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.. The early consensus has the Hawks taking it.

Works for me.

Underdog status yet again? Sweeeet!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be completely 100% honest....if the Flyer's don't take home the Cup....I'd be upset, but not entirely. Chicago has seen many many years recently of sub par hockey in a city that (imo) deserves better.

In other words....I could live with it rather easily.

That, and the run the Flyer's had to get themselves into this position in the first place??? Shit....what's to be disappointed about? Nothing.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be completely 100% honest....if the Flyer's don't take home the Cup....I'd be upset, but not entirely. Chicago has seen many many years recently of sub par hockey in a city that (imo) deserves better.

In other words....I could live with it rather easily.

That, and the run the Flyer's had to get themselves into this position in the first place??? Shit....what's to be disappointed about? Nothing.

I hear what you're saying, and felt the exact same way when the Caps went to the SCFs back in '98. I knew it'd be a tall order to beat the Wings, but i was just happy to be there.

The Flyers got to the cup kinda the same way the Caps did. Some higher seeds fell before the Caps would have had to play them. I knew the Caps would lose the series, but also knew anything could happen.

For your sake, i hope the Flyers aren't swept like the Caps were.. that sucked big time, and any "happy to be there" notions were swept away w/ that 4th consecutive loss. i was pissed off.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when the Red Wings dismantled my Flyers.....I was hoping for more that year and was thoroughly disappointed and stinging mad.

Not this year and not with this team's efforts just to get to this point. This team has eating more shit than any other and hasn't quit, not once.

IMO -- the Hawk's will be very smart not to discount them or it won't even be close.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Laviolette pulls off the upset, he'll be the first coach post-lockout to have won two Stanley Cups (and with two different teams).

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is if the Flyers don't win that shootout against the Rag$ on the final day of the regular season, they don't even get a chance to play for Lord Stanley's mug.

Hawks in 7

Right on Dash....I forgot about that...funny how things work out sometimes...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks better be ready for an absolute war. I think all of you taking Chicago in 4 or 5 are completely out of your minds. I just hope the Flyers win game one and put you all in your place. And if not, I'm confident that you'll see some serious resiliency moving forward.