• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanford Game really was important for the Irish

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT: "And, yes, Notre Dame fans: We know you beat Wake Forest. But the Irish’s chances of making the playoff declined 6 percentage points, to 24 percent, largely because Stanford — who Notre Dame plays later this month — lost to Oregon. So that matchup no longer looks so dramatic. With that loss, the Cardinal’s playoff chances declined 18 percentage points, down to 10 percent. Stanford’s chances would have dropped lower, but the Cardinal have major matchups against Cal and Notre Dame remaining, and so they have a slight chance to redeem themselves."

Basically they are screwing over the Irish now because Stanford lost :P

Booming Sooners: Updated College Football Playoff Predictions (Week 11)

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. Not like Notre Dame was gonna win it all, anyway, right?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still important, but what can ya do?

I knew Oklahoma was gonna be a big-time prob for the Irish ... if they run the table, and they very well could do it. That Texas loss might be a HUGE factor, though, in the long run ... tis their fly in the ointment.

All we can do is worry about blasting BC and going out to Palo Alto and, hopefully, curbstomp Furd.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stanford felt the pressure of being a 1 loss team and Oregon was playing loose. Stanford made a number of mistakes in that game and one of their strengths is playing without making many mistakes. Stanford beat themselves.

If we have one loss when we play Stanford I think ND may be tight while Stanford plays loose. Another reason the Stanford loss was bad for ND.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the most important game on the schedule is BC. This is the game we need to win at all costs. (has nothing to do with the fact that I'm flying to Boston for the game). But we do have to look impressive in these last two games because the Big12 talk is going to get louder and louder. I still say that if NC beats Clemson in the ACC championship game, it might open that spot. And I might be rooting for Michigan to beat OSU before this season is done.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the most important game on the schedule is BC. This is the game we need to win at all costs. (has nothing to do with the fact that I'm flying to Boston for the game). But we do have to look impressive in these last two games because the Big12 talk is going to get louder and louder. I still say that if NC beats Clemson in the ACC championship game, it might open that spot. And I might be rooting for Michigan to beat OSU before this season is done.

Not at all I'm sure, but seriously just worry about the game in front of you, when that game is Stanford then worry about it.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all I'm sure, but seriously just worry about the game in front of you, when that game is Stanford then worry about it.

If there are any coaches or players posting here, they should certainly be thinking only about BC. Us regular Joe's that post here can "worry" about any game we choose to worry about, it really doesn't matter at all.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are any coaches or players posting here, they should certainly be thinking only about BC. Us regular Joe's that post here can "worry" about any game we choose to worry about, it really doesn't matter at all.

I agree, but last week against Wake Forest seemed like they were looking ahead to Stanford, or when they played Virginia earlier in the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but last week against Wake Forest seemed like they were looking ahead to Stanford, or when they played Virginia earlier in the season.
I agree the only difference we still won by a good amount.

Im just happy ND Is in a good spot. I feel good and I hope we win out because I think we have a chance to win it all. Im not scared of Clemson, Ohio St. or Bama. Not saying we will win it all just saying I like our chances.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they have a chance but they need to continue to improve on defense because I feel like they took a little step back last week but didn't give up points that won't work against a better offensive team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they have a chance but they need to continue to improve on defense because I feel like they took a little step back last week but didn't give up points that won't work against a better offensive team.
I actually like this style of D better. Bend but don't break. I can live with it. I would like to see more turnovers. Continue to gets sacks.

In my honest opinion the players don't fit this scheme. We have talent but the secondary is struggling with this scheme.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this style of D better. Bend but don't break. I can live with it. I would like to see more turnovers. Continue to gets sacks.

In my honest opinion the players don't fit this scheme. We have talent but the secondary is struggling with this scheme.

Well I don't mind giving up yards and so on but they couldn't get off the field on third down until they were near the red zone or on the wrong side of the field. Against a better offensive team that is going to lead to more than 7 points.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. Not like Notre Dame was gonna win it all, anyway, right?

I'm sorry, what was that?

MSU (without Connor Cook) walks into Columbus and knocks you around. Lol@ Ohio State

Hey, we'll be taking that #3 spot, thanks!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, what was that?

MSU (without Connor Cook) walks into Columbus and knocks you around. Lol@ Ohio State

Hey, we'll be taking that #3 spot, thanks!

Yeah you guys really walloped perennial blue blood Boston College, well done. Stanford must be a'quakin' in their boots

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you guys really walloped perennial blue blood Boston College, well done. Stanford must be a'quakin' in their boots

Really doesn't matter. Win is a win is a win

Did I thank you yet for that #3 spot? Bye Bye Ohio State. . . Time for Urban to fake an illness and move on.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see. 6 turnovers against the best defense in the country and still managed a win. Ugly as fuck win, but like the man said, better to be celebrating a win than mourning a loss. And by my count, OSU still hasn't beaten a ranked team this year.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see. 6 turnovers against the best defense in the country and still managed a win. Ugly as fuck win, but like the man said, better to be celebrating a win than mourning a loss. And by my count, OSU still hasn't beaten a ranked team this year.

Oh well. Its all in good fun, right?