• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford the stud!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not considered elite YET and it's not because he doesn't play for "one of those teams". It's because the guys leading those teams have been performing at a high level for years. This is Rodgers 6th season in a row of stellar play and he's the "rookie" of the bunch. You don't get consideration for that category until you have a much longer track record of excellence than Stafford has. The word loses its meaning when everyone who has a good year or 2 is suddenly "elite".

Disagree. I don't think "elite" status has anything to do with the amount of time you've played the game. It's funny how all of a sudden, Luck is a top five qb (which means elite to me) and Stafford is just a good qb. This is Luck's second year man. To me, a qb can come in the NFL and become elite after 3 years of playing in the NFL. If RG III didn't have his injury and continued to play really well, we would be hearing elite status attached to his name.

As I replied before ... to you I believe, we just have a different definition. 1 good year doesn't cut it for me. Luck isn't "elite" yet and either is Staff. RG3 isn't close. Injury or not the guy looks like a deer in the headlights these days.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you struggle with reading comprehension as well. I will try to slow it down for you. You see I profess that there is a spectrum of evaluation of Stafford's talents and you would have TP on one end of the spectrum having Stafford in the HOF and on the other end of the spectrum you would have Jaworski who just this week ranked Stafford as the 11th best QB in the NFL. My point is that there is no one any more clueless out there than Jaworski, but I cannot expect you to understand that at first blush. Hopefully that was slow enough for you.

Do you know that Jaws said that Stafford had all the tools of an elite QB and that he would eventually be that? He said when the Lions made the playoffs. Then, the Lions turned around and had a horrible season and know, he suddenly thinks otherwise. This is one of my problems with this whole thing. Wins are the only thing that matters when evaluating the status of a QB. You just wait until the end of the season or before-hand and watch what they say about him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is that, despite that record number of attempts, his fantasy point total regressed significantly and we should really try to identify what caused that regression and whether it's likely to continue.

You should know the answer to this question if you're a Lions fan.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just wait until the end of the season or before-hand and watch what they say about him.
I hope you are right. Nothing would make me happier. I think right now the difference between him being good or elite can be summed up by the comments made previously on this thread pertaining to how well the Lions will do the 2nd half and how well the Packers will do the 2nd half. Consensus is that GB may win out and have only the Lions standing in their way. Consensus is that the Lions SHOULD be favored to beat everyone but the Packers and could finish somewhere around 10-6 and with a few breaks maybe win 11 or 12 games. That is not the type of confidence that people see in an elite QB like Rodgers.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now today Stafford is the better QB when compared to Luck!

Luck is in his second year and Stafford has experience. When Luck puts some more mileage on his game and proves he can lead comebacks like Matty Pimp Stafford we can have tis argument. I also do not believe the Colts are better than the Lions. As messed up as Lions run game has been in past years I still think the Lions run the ball better and DHB is not a #2 wideout and Hilton is not a #1. I like Fleener but not enough to think the Colts matchup with the Lions offense.

And on a side note Jaworski is a douche bag!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll settle for him playing at an elite level and not being a elite QB yet. If that works for everyone here, so be it. My thing is; what's really the difference? The only thing elite qb's do is play at an elite level and Stafford is proving that when his team is fielding a good team, he'll be playing like an elite qb. I find it quite interesting and confusing at the same time the way we all have different opinions on the topic.

There are so many "elite" players around in every single sport that don't have championships and lose playoff games all the time.

Like I said, I'll wait for someone to bet me that he'll be labeled elite by season's end.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right. Nothing would make me happier. I think right now the difference between him being good or elite can be summed up by the comments made previously on this thread pertaining to how well the Lions will do the 2nd half and how well the Packers will do the 2nd half. Consensus is that GB may win out and have only the Lions standing in their way. Consensus is that the Lions SHOULD be favored to beat everyone but the Packers and could finish somewhere around 10-6 and with a few breaks maybe win 11 or 12 games. That is not the type of confidence that people see in an elite QB like Rodgers.

You're right and here's the thing; When thinking about whether the Lions will win out or make it to the playoffs, is it Stafford that people worry about or is it the team, the defense, the inconsistencies or the coaching? I know it's not the case for a lot, but Stafford is one of the last things that I worry about when thinking if they will do well in the second half. Honestly, I don't think most of the media is absolutely sure what the Packers will do after all that has happened to them. Their team is not the same and now they have to ride Lacy and Rodgers and hope hope that Nelson continues to play well.

But using your logic, the whole media thought that the Lions would be competing for the division after that great season and much of it was due to Stafford and the Lion's d-line. If the Lions come out of the bye week and smack the Bears and beat up the Steelers, just watch what they will start saying .

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you struggle with reading comprehension as well. I will try to slow it down for you. You see I profess that there is a spectrum of evaluation of Stafford's talents and you would have TP on one end of the spectrum having Stafford in the HOF and on the other end of the spectrum you would have Jaworski who just this week ranked Stafford as the 11th best QB in the NFL. My point is that there is no one any more clueless out there than Jaworski, but I cannot expect you to understand that at first blush. Hopefully that was slow enough for you.

This is one end of the spectrum and Ron Jaworski ranking Stafford #11 in the league overall is another.
After micro said that Jaworski was an idiot you posted this.....
You just supported my perspective as you tried to trash me.
Then you added this one............
Who is beyond Jaworski when it comes to opinions on Matthew Stafford? I cannot think of anyone. He flat out thinks Stafford is an average QB and proves it by ranking him #11 overall.
Please show me where you've made any statement to the fact that you are inferring that Jaworski is an idiot. It's not a matter of reading comprehension being an issue for other posters its apparently that you are suck a fucking moron that you cant write a sentence that actually says what you think it means. Who doesnt interpret those statements as you giving credibility to Jaworski and his rankings?

Do you need me to slow that down for you? Try this spectrum of intelligence (progressing from left to right in intelligence...

WMU1979<<<<A Thailand whore<<<<A Saginaw School system graduate<<<A bag of rocks<<<<A horse's ass<<<<Magnum<<<<<BSL<<<<<A coffee bean<<<<<Every other poster on this board

ding, ding

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many "elite" players around in every single sport that don't have championships and lose playoff games all the time.
Again for me the difference is in the expectation to win that makes these players elite. Verlander for example...is there any game he starts that you do not expect him to win? Why? Because he is elite. As far as Stafford is concern, we hope that we win because we should win as long as we do not settle for 3's or, or, or...

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me where you've made any statement to the fact that you are inferring that Jaworski is an idiot. It's not a matter of reading comprehension being an issue...
Well it obviously is a lack of reading comprehension on those who cannot follow my original post which I will look up for you since you cannot handle it.

tpaulus said:
"We're entering November in the driver's seat for a playoff spot, and if it wasn't for Manning we'd be discussing Stafford as a front-runner for league MVP this season."
WMU1979 said:
"This is one end of the spectrum and Ron Jaworski ranking Stafford #11 in the league overall is another."

Those with reading comprehension skills can easily ascertain that since TP is on the positive end of the "spectrum" that Jaworski must be on the negative end of the "spectrum" this really is not rocket science.

Here is what I find to be typical about you...you think that if you scream the loudest and spew out profanities and name call that it makes you the most intelligent...well I have a clue for you...it makes you look like a fool.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What homer opinions have I put forth? Curious is all.

I dunno. Gotta make statements like that when you're the bad guy on a thread like this. No longer any need, I see my the position was filled while I was sleeping.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not the bad guy Smit-tay. You're entitled to your own opinion and if there's things you don't like, so be it. LOL. I'm really just having fun, while trying to argue my point. I don't get to do this too often.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Boondock Saints is a really good movie.

I don't know why but I always die laughing when someone is getting their ass kicked in a movie or if someone says certain cuss words. LOL. :laugh3:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I find to be typical about you...you think that if you scream the loudest and spew out profanities and name call that it makes you the most intelligent...well I have a clue for you...it makes you look like a fool.
And I have a clue for you, nothing I've said directed at you makes me look like a fool. From the very moment you joined the board you have consistently been proven wrong on the vast majority of the statements you've made. That's how you got made to be the fool you are the last time you and I had a conversation like this.

And surprise, surprise here you are once again skirting the points I raised. I said that the statements you made gave credence to the statements and rankings made be Jaworski, and here is your response..........

tpaulus said:
"We're entering November in the driver's seat for a playoff spot, and if it wasn't for Manning we'd be discussing Stafford as a front-runner for league MVP this season."
WMU1979 said:
"This is one end of the spectrum and Ron Jaworski ranking Stafford #11 in the league overall is another."

Those with reading comprehension skills can easily ascertain that since TP is on the positive end of the "spectrum" that Jaworski must be on the negative end of the "spectrum" this really is not rocket science

But you had other posts up saying this.............
Who is beyond Jaworski when it comes to opinions on Matthew Stafford? I cannot think of anyone.
When I called that out you went into your typical reading comprehension answer and once again, just like before attempted to deflect, misdirect, and ignore the basic question at hand. How exactly does someone make that statement and then turn around and attempt to say this.......
My point is that there is no one any more clueless out there than Jaworski,
Are you kidding me? In one post there is no one you can think of beyond Jaworski to give an opinion on Stafford and in the next there isnt anyone more clueless.

I dont have to scream the loudest and spew profanity to make you look like a fool, all I have to do is put up your very own statements and you do it for me. What exactly is your opinion and Stafford and the Jaworski rankings? I cant make it any slower than that for you. Instead of spinning 180 degrees on your own statements within a matter of a couple posts why dont you try and form a complete sentence that actually makes sense rather than question everyone's reading comprehension skills when your own statements dont make any sense. I didnt graduate from the Saginaw School Systems and cant speak the language of moron so understanding you is almost impossible to do because I cant dumb it down that far.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vagina hurts just reading this thread.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Gotta make statements like that when you're the bad guy on a thread like this. No longer any need, I see my the position was filled while I was sleeping.

You're not the bad guy at all bro. I have been responding to your posts and like everyone else(other than the obvious asshats) have been having a fun time debating Stafford. I was just curious about these alledged "homer" comments, if it was directed at me. I am very critical of our Lions. But I also know the positives when I see them and like to talk about them.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is beyond Jaworski when it comes to opinions on Matthew Stafford? I cannot think of anyone.

Thats funny! The guy played 20 years ago. He says things to evoke responses and get ratings. The same way Trent Dilfer has a man crush on Stafford it's opinion backed by a small sampling of review. I tend not to let guys hype people to base my opinion.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the otherside of that. Kurt Warner normally bags on Stafford. This week was the first time I had ever heard him have anything good to say about him. He had him ranked #5 btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the otherside of that. Kurt Warner normally bags on Stafford. This week was the first time I had ever heard him have anything good to say about him. He had him ranked #5 btw.

I saw that too LP......Stafford reminds me of Kurt too though.....Just a gun slinger and Warner has a ring.....Not too bad after all those years in the CFL.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Warner had good things to say about Stafford early in the season but then start bagging on him. Right after Staff starts killing it, he jumps back on. Same with Jaws. They always say contraversial things about players that you have to question.