• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
Glad you were there my friend!

Man, I thought your team might have pulled off a win against the mighty Cavs lastnight. Pretty close but looks like they need more work on closing games out (like the Lakers). That is normal for younger teams-tends to be a trend in the league.

They're getting there..... Need to really get better on defense and 3pt shooting. I think they lead the league in shots that are contested.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're getting there..... Need to really get better on defense and 3pt shooting. I think they lead the league in shots that are contested.
you guys took and made a lot of long two's last night......Wiggins and Towns are both really legit- and if Lavine could ever harnass that athleticism into some offensive efficiency and defensive gritt- he could be a nice piece too.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys took and made a lot of long two's last night......Wiggins and Towns are both really legit- and if Lavine could ever harnass that athleticism into some offensive efficiency and defensive gritt- he could be a nice piece too.

Include Shabazz in that mix as well. He's turning out to be a really nice component off the bench.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. A decent 3 pt shooter would open up the interior more, negating the need for those long 2pt attempts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can guess.....and i mean- as a Lakers fan- what happened when the roster really started to get old- you had a franchise icon that was overpaid but kinda had to keep around- combined with owing a bunch of lightly protected first round picks in the future......it paints a familiar picture doesnt it?

Yes and the same one is being painted in Cleveland. Outside of the Spurs, that's kind of what happens. A team goes all in by maxing out the cap and making trades every year. Then, when those players start getting old and retiring or moving on to other organizations to attempt to get another ring or 2, the team has to take it on the chin for a few seasons while they rebuild.

The Lakers put themselves in a worse position than the Heat or Cavs are likely to be in because they took one last shot to get Kobe another ring or 2 with the Dwight/Nash trade and it blew up in their face. At the time, it looked like a great move. In hindsight, they should have started the rebuild then.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The peaking early argument is nonsense to me. So you're not supposed to play well at all right now?

It is better to be peaking at the end of the season than the beginning. However, generally speaking, that's with more of a veteran team that needs the rest during the regular season (hence, Pop not caring about seeding) or a team that had a lot of early season injuries.

I'm not sure it really applies to GSW because they are young and don't have a lot of mileage on their key guys just yet and they have been remarkably healthy. If the keep making deep playoff runs though, you'll start to see them looking to set themselves up to be peaking at the end of the season. Right now, while they're young, they're just balling.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and the same one is being painted in Cleveland. Outside of the Spurs, that's kind of what happens. A team goes all in by maxing out the cap and making trades every year. Then, when those players start getting old and retiring or moving on to other organizations to attempt to get another ring or 2, the team has to take it on the chin for a few seasons while they rebuild.

The Lakers put themselves in a worse position than the Heat or Cavs are likely to be in because they took one last shot to get Kobe another ring or 2 with the Dwight/Nash trade and it blew up in their face. At the time, it looked like a great move. In hindsight, they should have started the rebuild then.
the only difference in Cleveland is Kyrie IRving is 23, KEvin Love is 27, Iman Shumpert is 24 (or25?), TT is 24, Delly is 23, etc. etc.- not only that- but i think the Cavs only owe out 1 first rounder that is due THIS year...after that i think they are stocked with their own picks so in case disaster strikes they have not left themselves wide open.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only difference in Cleveland is Kyrie IRving is 23, KEvin Love is 27, Iman Shumpert is 24 (or25?), TT is 24, Delly is 23, etc. etc.- not only that- but i think the Cavs only owe out 1 first rounder that is due THIS year...after that i think they are stocked with their own picks so in case disaster strikes they have not left themselves wide open.

And in 3-4 years when Lebron is in serious decline or has retired? The Cavs will have a prime Kyrie, a declining Love (if he's still in Cleveland) and nothing else that scares anyone. At that point, you'll probably see Kyrie leave via free agency.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in 3-4 years when Lebron is in serious decline or has retired? The Cavs will have a prime Kyrie, a declining Love (if he's still in Cleveland) and nothing else that scares anyone. At that point, you'll probably see Kyrie leave via free agency.
4 years from now-when Love is 31, LeBron is 35, Kyrie is 27- they will still be in the last years of their contracts- at least Love and Kyrie- at EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE cap hits compared to what the cap will be like at that point.

they could add a MAX to that.....you wanta come earn max money playing with a LeBron that will be 4 years younger than Duncan is right now, a Kyrie Irving in the smack dab middle of his prime, and a Kevin Love that is still well within his very very good years.

COOL BY ME!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well patience is all I can say. I had to convince myself of the same thing with the Lakers. Funny how our teams are in just about the exact same spot right now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years from now-when Love is 31, LeBron is 35, Kyrie is 27- they will still be in the last years of their contracts- at least Love and Kyrie- at EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE cap hits compared to what the cap will be like at that point.

they could add a MAX to that.....you wanta come earn max money playing with a LeBron that will be 4 years younger than Duncan is right now, a Kyrie Irving in the smack dab middle of his prime, and a Kevin Love that is still well within his very very good years.

COOL BY ME!

There is more working against the Cavs than the cap once Lebron is gone or in serious decline. You act like the Cavs have had success outside of Lebron being there. Remember, Lebron ended up in Miami because he couldn't get D-Wade and Bosh to come to Cleveland.

How many FA's did Cleveland land during the 4 years Lebron was in Miami? In his letter, Gilbert said the Cavs would win a title before Lebron did? Instead, he ended up tanking and trying to build through the draft because he couldn't get any top level FA's to come to Cleveland.

Lebron is already in noticeable decline at age 31. His decline is every bit, if not more, noticeable than Kobe's at the same age. As much as everyone talks about how many miles Kobe has on his body, Lebron has more than Kobe did at the same age. Do you honestly think Lebron is going to be better or even as good as he is now?

I swear, from some of your posts, it's like you think no one in Cleveland ages. Also, 39 on a big like Duncan isn't the same as it is on other players. Bigs typically don't have to run as much, handle the ball as much, etc. as perimeter guys. To see Lebron's future, you need to look at guys like Kobe or MJ with the Wizards. Still decent, still can play a little, but no one that a top tier FA is going to be trying to team up with to win titles.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about the Lakers & what keeps me hopeful is that fact that they give full effort every night-even if they're losing by a large margin. I can respect that and look forward to them growing & getting better.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about the Lakers & what keeps me hopeful is that fact that they give full effort every night-even if they're losing by a large margin. I can respect that and look forward to them growing & getting better.

Same wif muh Wolves! :thumb:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. A decent 3 pt shooter would open up the interior more, negating the need for those long 2pt attempts.
And another vet alongside KG to help close out games & keep them calm in those situations.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no doubt the Cavs will end up in the same boat or even worse. I base that on their desperate need of a championship that they're pretty much willing to sell their souls to get it (and by sell their souls I mean give LBJ whatever he wants).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I like that too. I think the young guys are hitting a bit of a wall. Hopefully they can get some rest over the all-star break. I like that they are staying in games longer and fighting their way back into games when they fall behind by double digits.

It's a slow process, but they are showing more and more flashes of how good they could eventually be.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

COOL BY ME!
Funny, but I don't think that's in LBJ's plans. Proof of that might be the 2 year deals with a player option on the second year, effectively making his contracts 1 year deals.