• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Turkey Hunting

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since some of us hunt, I was interested to see if there was any tricks / tactics that you have found work well in the field for Spring Turkey season?

For me the essentials:

- Good mesh mask
- Insect / Tick Spray
- 3-4 good locations already mapped out - being mobile in case some areas are duds this I found is very essential
- Decent diaphram caller (Primo Diamond for me)
- 1-2 decoys always helps

What I am doing that's new for this season:

This year I am going to try and setup feeder stations and see if that has any effect. I took some pvc piped with end caps and screwed them into trees with the ends being about a half inch of the ground. Also going to setup a game camera nearby and see what hits it.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Old South Dakota I like to shoot them with a .204 Ruger in a Cooper 21 at about a 100 to 200 yards right in the back.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shoot em on the road, and run fer my life.. :D

or we drive around our large pasture, and search for them, then sneak up on the little buggers. i've gotten pretty good at stalking..

That sitting there business is for deer season.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me man. I am all about the thrill of the hunt. Calling them into shooting distance, me vs. them. The high is almost better than sex. ALMOST.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that high when I stalk a big tom.

last year I spotted one about a mile away and across a big hill, I got within shooting distance, but it was across a fence and staring right at me.

before I could get my gun up, a cow came up from the feed lot and spooked the bird.. it took some time to realize I probably shouldn't shoot the dam cow.. :D