• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2012

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That makes sense. Obviously, I never had that luxury growing up. A walk is as good as a hit! (The mantra of the less-talented) If the FO decides that Blanco is a better hitter than Nate, I would be fine with waiving Schierholtz, but I don't think that is the case.

Yeah, I think the chances are low that Nate gets waived - just wanted to gauge what others thought. The DL though is looking possible - hide for a few weeks - maybe swap him for a RHH outfielder. Too bad Nate never had a chance to play CF, which I think he can do - he would up his value hugely.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call that an extended slump, if June is mostly awful with one hot streak in there.

Disagree with Belt. The major leagues is where he needs to be to take the final step in his development. And if he fails, that's info we need - keeping him is Fresno will not change his chances of success at this point, imo. Chez3 could use more seasoning (although I still want him on my big league club).

I think it will happen. (him on the big club)

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Chez3: looks like he made the roster.
Brett Pill: him too.

John Shea twitter feed.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tweets from Baggarly . We may have to actually wait 9 more minutes to get the official news from Bochy himself.

Yeah I'm waiting for Baggs/Schulman/Pavlovic (but apparently Jaime knows Pill is official)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call that an extended slump, if June is mostly awful with one hot streak in there.

Disagree with Belt. The major leagues is where he needs to be to take the final step in his development. And if he fails, that's info we need - keeping him is Fresno will not change his chances of success at this point, imo. Chez3 could use more seasoning (although I still want him on my big league club).

Yeah. I was just saying that I don't think there will be time for two extended slumps (you may have accidentally pluralized it in your earlier post). I expect one extended slump (May or June), but who doesn't have one on their way to the ASB (if given enough PAs)? That's also only if he is on the big club. There are way too many variables right now that, hopefully, will be cleared up shortly.

Agree to disagree on Belt. He will still have 450-500 ML PAs (650-700 total), if he comes up in early June. I think that would be perfect.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the chances are low that Nate gets waived - just wanted to gauge what others thought. The DL though is looking possible - hide for a few weeks - maybe swap him for a RHH outfielder. Too bad Nate never had a chance to play CF, which I think he can do - he would up his value hugely.

Agreed on all counts. DL stint sounds good to me.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Shulman:

Otero makes the team. Arias, Edlefsen do not.

Right now roster at 26, so one more move coming. I suspect DL.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pill, Belt, Chez3, Otero, Theriot, Blanco, Burriss, Hensley all made it. Arias, Whitefault, Christian don't.

Giants have 26 right now so one more cut needs to be made official.

Stewart has not yet been made official though... DL or cut?

Last edited by a moderator: