• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Practice

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish hand was there and we got a commitment from him, then everybody would forget about the sub par spring game haha

I talked to Bud last night and he said Hand had his prom to go to. Said he was talking to him on the phone in the past couple days and Hand said, "C'mon Coach, you know how I feel about you guys" and Bud said, yeah, but I'd like to hear it again.

As for what I took away from the game, Knowles is ridiculously fast, the Van Dyke brothers are big hitters, Stanford is going to be a big time receiver, Malleck is going to get a good many touches this season and I think our defense will be just fine.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, SG must not have been very good huh? Was thinking about watching the replay later on ESPN3..but it isn't being replayed as of now (even though Duke and Vandy is :laugh:). What kind of turnout did they have down in BBurg? It was a beautiful afternoon in Roanoke.

It was kind of chilly, especially in the shade. I'd say the student side was about 66% full and the old people side was about 80% full.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game today. Absolutely gorgeous day in the burg today. If you didn't go, be jealous. Perfect day to sit out in the parking lot and drink with friends for hours. I wish I would have done that instead of heading to the game though. Pretty ugly effort. I felt like LT still starred down his targets too much and the run game didn't get much push. I wasn't expecting much since Loeffler has only had them for a month but it was still a little unnerving. You know the saying of pulling a cake out before its ready? Well, today looked like you left the cake in for 30 seconds and pulled it out. Good news is its not September and it was absolutely beautiful outside so why stress?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked to Bud last night and he said Hand had his prom to go to. Said he was talking to him on the phone in the past couple days and Hand said, "C'mon Coach, you know how I feel about you guys" and Bud said, yeah, but I'd like to hear it again.

As for what I took away from the game, Knowles is ridiculously fast, the Van Dyke brothers are big hitters, Stanford is going to be a big time receiver, Malleck is going to get a good many touches this season and I think our defense will be just fine.

I think Taz has been holding out on us!!!

:shocked:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Taz has been holding out on us!!!

:shocked:

He was signing stuff at the Campus Emporium. There wasn't much of a line so a couple people just took our time talking with him. Someone asked about Hand and that was what I heard. I wish I had some insider info to pass along, but I just don't, lol.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I will say is this, after his team's so-so spring game, Saban came out and said the following (as one would expect):

"Too many people too comfortable with their position," he explained. "That, to me, does not lend itself to great competition or being a great competitor."

Hope the coaches are ready to step their game up come summer...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I will say is this, after his team's so-so spring game, Saban came out and said the following (as one would expect):

"Too many people too comfortable with their position," he explained. "That, to me, does not lend itself to great competition or being a great competitor."

Hope the coaches are ready to step their game up come summer...

Saban is always disappointed. If he ever praises anyone, you better check the temperature in Hell to see if its freezing.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 interceptions and 3 fumbles in the Bama spring game. Yeah he was disappointed.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well our 2nd team D is pretty stout it looks like...

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offense went up against the first team defense. Not sure if points were spotted.

Agreed on the comment with Saban being disappointed / critical most of the time. That's kind of my point though - he finds ways to beat out complacency within the coaching staff and the team.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - the VT Spring game was aired earlier this AM on ESPNU, I think it will air one more time within the next day or so if anyone is interested. I did not realize how fast Trey Edmunds really is - they mentioned he runs a 4.3??? A couple of his runs - especially the run that is called back for holding is pretty flippin nice.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he is a 4.45 guy. VT tends to inflate their 40 times I feel.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he is a 4.45 guy. VT tends to inflate their 40 times I feel.
The difference is that NFL combine is run on a slower surface than the ones VT uses for 40 times.

I wonder if we measure them with electronically or just with a stopwatch.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can this be unstickied to make room?