• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Week 12 Top 25 Discussion Thread

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a horrible idea and I'm personally against people dictating how other people vote. The best thing for keeping a poll legit is # of voters to cancel out the bad things.

Unless someone is just so bad with their picks like putting 0-12 teams in and things of that nature, let em vote IMO.

It's not dictating how they vote. It's giving guidelines when you can tell that people aren't really taking this seriously and when people don't take things seriously, it turns others away and thus you never get the # of voters needed like you suggested.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not dictating how they vote. It's giving guidelines when you can tell that people aren't really taking this seriously and when people don't take things seriously, it turns others away and thus you never get the # of voters needed like you suggested.

Well, all I know is I'll never follow the rules and if I get booted out as a result, then oh well.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you blame them for not getting the benefit of the doubt? Lets look at what Mississippi State was last year. They were 7-0 and were ranked #11 and the best win was over a 3-3 Tennessee whose best win was NC State. Missouri was 5-7 the year before. You can't have a team go from not qualifying for a bowl to ranked in the top 15 with no decent win to speak of without proving one's self. Heck Michigan State is ranked 13th, the lowest of all of the one loss teams from a major conference, with 3 two loss teams ahead of them but you don't see anyone complaining about that. But again, you believe everyone is out to screw over the SEC.

i'm aware their resume was garbage at 7-0. but they were still 7-0. they dropped right back down when they were exposed. nothing wrong with it.

michigan state is 9-1 and ranked 13th and doesn't have any great wins either and they lost to a team (not even a really good one) to boot. pretty comparable, really.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm aware their resume was garbage at 7-0. but they were still 7-0. they dropped right back down when they were exposed. nothing wrong with it.

michigan state is 9-1 and ranked 13th and doesn't have any great wins either and they lost to a team (not even a really good one) to boot. pretty comparable, really.

But you were complaining about how long it took for Missouri to get ranked highly despite having a comparable bad schedule. I am not suggesting Michigan State be ranked higher, just so you know. Notre Dame has three wins over currently ranked schools, so it is not like they are a bad team and not that far outside of the top 25. Also very questionable officiating in that game, but I will not go all "Wisconsin" and say there needs to be an asterisk next to that loss.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you were complaining about how long it took for Missouri to get ranked highly despite having a comparable bad schedule. I am not suggesting Michigan State be ranked higher, just so you know. Notre Dame has three wins over currently ranked schools, so it is not like they are a bad team and not that far outside of the top 25. Also very questionable officiating in that game, but I will not go all "Wisconsin" and say there needs to be an asterisk next to that loss.

i wasn't really complaining that missouri took so long to get ranked. given their season last year and their first few opponents this year, i needed to see more before i rank them highly too. but they more or less delivered and earned their ranking. right now they are sitting #8 across the board in the human polls and computer average i think. hard to argue with that.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have you pegged as a Texas homer (you still have your team in the top 25 which is beyond laughable) and an SEC hater for whatever its worth

I was not going to have Texas ranked after the OK State loss. However, all of the other teams that I had closely behind them lost as well. They made #25 in my poll basically by default. Plus, BCS still has them at 30 and the computers have them at 27. Me having them at 25 is really not that far off.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou has 9 wins and all of them by 15+ points. We were underdogs @ Indiana, @ Vandy, @ Georgia and Florida

LMAO at the Okie St fan with Okie St #4. You lost to freaking West Virginia

you dumb fucking ****...have fun getting assraped in the sec championship

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grew up watching that shitty university in columbia suck hard cowboy dick...disappointed they fled

Mizzou is 28-23 against your Cowgirls...8-6 since '91, 5-4 since '96.

They did win their last 3 against Mizzou from 08-11, so you must be young as hell lmao.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou is 28-23 against your Cowgirls...8-6 since '91, 5-4 since '96.

They did win their last 3 against Mizzou from 08-11, so you must be young as hell lmao.

when I was going to school there...pussies on their way to a blowout in the ccg...pokes on their way to a b12 championship...all that matters