• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 - Week 9 - 2016

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Top 25 - Week 9
First Place Votes in parentheses

1. Alabama - 574 (22)
2. Michigan - 534 (1)
3. Clemson - 530
4. Washington - 516
5. Louisville - 461
6. West Virginia - 429
7. Ohio State - 426
8. Nebraska - 415
9. Texas A&M - 390
10. Baylor - 373
11. Wisconsin - 327
12. Boise State - 298
13. Utah - 249
14. Florida - 238
15. Florida State - 229
16. Auburn - 224
17. Tennessee 221
18. Western Michigan - 190
19. Oklahoma - 185
20. LSU - 140
21. North Carolina - 131
22. Navy - 111
23. Colorado - 95
24. Penn State - 58
24. Virginia Tech - 58

Dropped from rankings: Houston 12, Arkansas 19

Others receiving votes: Washington State 38, San Diego State 8, Toledo 8, Oklahoma State 7, Houston 6, Troy 4, Arkansas 1, Northwestern 1

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good poll by far the best out there

I'm absolutely stunned that we have 100 more points than Western Michigan

they're a lot better than we are right now

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will suffer their first lost this Saturday

American Male

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd look at the H2H among FSU, UNC and Virginia Tech and rank accordingly...Thus I'd have VT ahead of UNC which I'd have ahead of FSU...And I'd have all of them ahead of Oklahoma, Auburn, Tennessee and LSU...And Oklahoma should be behind the three SEC Schools!!!

Ohio State is too high based on getting beat by an UNRANKED (at the time), Penn State...Can't put them behind PSU though...Should have been about a 10 spot drop...At least...So I'd have them at about 12th!!!

A&M I'd have at #11...Baylor (with that PATHETIC Schedule at #13 MAX)...Utah at #10...Colorado and Navy inside the Top 20, followed by Western Michigan...But hey...That's just me!!!

:2cents:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd look at the H2H among FSU, UNC and Virginia Tech and rank accordingly...Thus I'd have VT ahead of UNC which I'd have ahead of FSU...And I'd have all of them ahead of Oklahoma, Auburn, Tennessee and LSU...And Oklahoma should be behind the three SEC Schools!!!

Ohio State is too high based on getting beat by an UNRANKED (at the time), Penn State...Can't put them behind PSU though...Should have been about a 10 spot drop...At least...So I'd have them at about 12th!!!

A&M I'd have at #11...Baylor (with that PATHETIC Schedule at #13 MAX)...Utah at #10...Colorado and Navy inside the Top 20, followed by Western Michigan...But hey...That's just me!!!

This is a poll done by forum members, you can add your vote to it if you want too.

American Male

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a poll done by forum members, you can add your vote to it if you want too.

Based on my ONE vote and looking at the present poll, I don't see it affecting the forum poll at all!!!

I tend to look at the total body of work, H2H and schedule then go from there...While this poll looks to me as if it's based more on Name Teams and Conference!!!

As a Louisville fan, I like seeing us at #5, but I'd put us behind unbeaten Nebraska and West Virginia in this weeks poll...After this coming Saturday, that could change!!!

Overall, I think the right teams are ranked in the Top-25...Just need to do a wee bit of moving several teams around!!!

NEED to Correct my earlier pick and put Tennessee ahead of Virginia Tech!!!

American Male

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I would have ranked them:

Alabama
Clemson
Michigan
Washington
Nebraska
West Virginia
Louisville
Texas A&M
Utah
Ohio State

Colorado
Wisconsin
Boise State
Tennessee
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Florida State
Auburn
Florida
LSU

Navy
Western Michigan
Baylor
Penn State
Oklahoma

Again...JMHO!!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sold on them. I think they're good enough to be equivalent to like a 7 or 8 win power-5 program.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a really good looking poll although I think the Group of 5 teams are a little too high. And that unfortunately includes my team who just eeked past 4-3 BYU by one at home. WMU's schedule sucks and their conference is even shittier than Boise's and they were lucky to squeak past a right around .500 in Northwestern team by one. Navy got bitch slapped by three loss Air Force and barely beat a Houston team at home that has played bad football for three games in a row now and just got beat by mighty SMU by 22. The strength of schedule should be a heavy factor in all this unless these Group of 5 teams are consistently blowing everyone's doors off and that's not really happening.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American Male wrote:

Alabama
Clemson
Michigan
Washington
Nebraska
West Virginia
Louisville
Texas A&M
Utah
Ohio State

Colorado
Wisconsin
Boise State
Tennessee
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Florida State
Auburn
Florida
LSU

Navy
Western Michigan
Baylor
Penn State
Oklahoma

Question: why would you rank Virgina Tech, North Carolina & Florida St. ahead of Auburn when two of the three had losses to unranked teams and the third team suffered a 43-point blow-out, while Auburn's two losses were to unbeaten Clemson (by 6) and once-beaten Texas A&M (by 13)?

American Male

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American Male wrote:

Alabama
Clemson
Michigan
Washington
Nebraska
West Virginia
Louisville
Texas A&M
Utah
Ohio State

Colorado
Wisconsin
Boise State
Tennessee
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Florida State
Auburn
Florida
LSU

Navy
Western Michigan
Baylor
Penn State
Oklahoma

Question: why would you rank Virgina Tech, North Carolina & Florida St. ahead of Auburn when two of the three had losses to unranked teams and the third team suffered a 43-point blow-out, while Auburn's two losses were to unbeaten Clemson (by 6) and once-beaten Texas A&M (by 13)?

That's easy...It's Auburn...Besides, Clemson and A&M are good teams...Not Great Teams...BAMA is the ONLY Great Team this year!!!

Louisville's 43 point win over FSU was the PERFECT Storm...NOBODY was going to beat Louisville that day at Papa Johns...Not even BAMA!!!

VA-Tech was dominating Tennessee till they kept shooting themselves in BOTH Feet...North Carolina did the same thing to themselves against Georgia...VA-Tech lost to Syracuse...Georgia lost to Vandy...SHIT Happens!!!

I also believe that those three would beat Auburn and A&M, and Bowl Season may just prove that!!!

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, there's a very good chance Louisville could beat Auburn or A&M, but I doubt that UNC or VPI could pull it off - but on a good day the Hokies might have a chance. Who knows about the Seminoles - their defense is very suspect - but there's a chance they might be able to beat Auburn or A&M if their offense is clicking.

Auburn hurt itself with poor coaching moves in their first three games, otherwise they would have beaten Clemson. And, for a change, both AU & A&M are playing good defense. The Tar Heels are probably the weakest of all the teams discussed above.

American Male

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, there's a very good chance Louisville could beat Auburn or A&M, but I doubt that UNC or VPI could pull it off - but on a good day the Hokies might have a chance. Who knows about the Seminoles - their defense is very suspect - but there's a chance they might be able to beat Auburn or A&M if their offense is clicking.

Auburn hurt itself with poor coaching moves in their first three games, otherwise they would have beaten Clemson. And, for a change, both AU & A&M are playing good defense. The Tar Heels are probably the weakest of all the teams discussed above.

The Heels and Hokies...Heck, Auburn and A&M as well, are Jeckle and Hyde type of teams...SURPRISE...SURPRISE...SURPRISE!!!

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top ten right now

Alabama
Michigan
Washington
Clemson
OSU
Louisville
Wisconsin
Texas A&M
Nebraska
Auburn

Huskies are in by default due to weak schedule/conference
Bama is just far to superior to any other SEC team that they will be in as well
Clemson is now a lock with the toughest part of their schedule being over
the last spot will come down to Michigan vs Badgers in the BIG champ game.

No Big 12 since their conference might be even worse than the PAC and they won't have an undefeated team.