• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 3 discussion

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I will say before I post mine is anyone who has Clemson in their top 5 after the last two games hasn't watched any of their games and is merely giving them benefit of the doubt talent wise.

They are not a top 5 team right now.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do it here you knuckle draggers. Some of you still haven't figured it out and the bad part is, you're not freshman. You've been around for several seasons. Get your head in the game.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams like Louisville who have scored a ton against crap teams are way too overrated right now

At least with Louisville we can find out if they're for real or not this week

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresh rankings from theSabanator20

LW/TW
(S) 1. Alabama
(S) 2. Houston
(S) 3. Florida State
(7) 4. Washington
(10) 5. Louisville
(4) 6. Stanford
(8) 7. Michigan
(9) 8. Ohio State
(11) 9. Texas A&M
(12) 10. Wisconsin
(13) 11. Texas
(5) 12. Georgia
(6) 13. Clemson
(17) 14. Tennessee
(S) 15. West Virginia
(NR) 16. Pittsburgh
(22) 17. Boise State
(23) 18. Nebraska
(18) 19. Minnesota
(25) 20. Colorado
(NR) 21. Central Michigan
(NR) 22. Oregon
(NR) 23. San Diego State
(NR) 24. Southern Miss
(NR) 25. Army

Close but no cigar

Florida
South Florida
Miami
Arizona State
Wake Forest

Not big on Iowa I see.

SILVER BULLET

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I will say before I post mine is anyone who has Clemson in their top 5 after the last two games hasn't watched any of their games and is merely giving them benefit of the doubt talent wise.

They are not a top 5 team right now.

Kind of difficult to tell right now. I do know they arguably have the best QB in the country, and that is always a plus for any team. They did go into Auburn and win, and I believe Auburn is better than most people think. I've noticed through my years of following college football, many great teams struggle once in awhile. I have no problem with Clemson out of the top 5 right now as they certainly didn't play like one against Troy, but I do believe at the beginning of November, they will be there. Louisville and FSU are key games for them. They get through those two, and they will be top 3 for sure.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite sold on MSU yet. I think they're rated high because of their recent success, and defending conference championship. They lost a lot of those players.

We will know where they stand after next week. I assume they lost a bunch of defensive players and didn't replace them very well because the defense hasn't been to impressive yet. We can say the same thing for OSU as they lost a bunch of players but their offense looked very questionable yesterday but they should be fine since the restock players with the best of them.

If MSU wins next week I'll have them in the top ten but if they lose I'll have them unranked. This game is muy importante for the BIG as is OSU vs Oklahoma.

SILVER BULLET

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20. Washington - kind of homering Petersen here, probably should wait until they beat someone to rank them

I don't think so. Washington will surprise in the PAC this season. They may not win it, but they'll beat a team or two they aren't favored to.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Washington will surprise in the PAC this season. They may not win it, but they'll beat a team or two they aren't favored to.

Supposed to do discussions here...

I'm mostly saying for this early in the year as Washington has yet to beat anyone good, I think they'll be good, but probably shouldn't rank them until proven that way. Washington will host Stanford in a few weeks I believe

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we end up with 2 discussion threads?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Houston
3. Stanford
4. Ohio State
5. Florida State
6. Clemson
7. Michigan
8. Texas
9. Iowa
10. Wisconsin
11. Tennessee
12. Oregon
13. Oklahoma
14. Michigan State
15. Georgia
16. Notre Dame
17. San Diego State
18. LSU
19. Texas A&M
20. Washington - kind of homering Petersen here, probably should wait until they beat someone to rank them
21. Pittsburgh
22. Arkansas
23. Central Michigan
24. South Florida
25. Colorado - Just for one more week

I don't believe Washington is a homer pick at all as they have beaten a power 5 team unlike many of the teams ranked ahead of them. They're getting in top recruits and finally have a top 5 head coach that could bring them back to where they were in the 90's. I would enjoy a UW vs UW Rose Bowl.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Washington is a homer pick at all as they have beaten a power 5 team unlike many of the teams ranked ahead of them. They're getting in top recruits and finally have a top 5 head coach that could bring them back to where they were in the 90's. I would enjoy a UW vs UW Rose Bowl.

As I said above, for this early in the year it is. Rutgers is taking the term "power 5" very lightly as at least half the teams outside the power 5 at least could beat them. I do think they could be good, but for a team that hasn't beaten anyone good yet, got to take the wait and see approach. It's the same with Louisville who has also looked good against crappy competition.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said above, for this early in the year it is. Rutgers is taking the term "power 5" very lightly as at least half the teams outside the power 5 at least could beat them. I do think they could be good, but for a team that hasn't beaten anyone good yet, got to take the wait and see approach. It's the same with Louisville who has also looked good against crappy competition.

Rutgers and Cuse are in the same class right now. We will probably have to wait until week 5 to know where UW stands then.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers and Cuse are in the same class right now. We will probably have to wait until week 5 to know where UW stands then.

Yes, because as it turns out Arizona isn't all that good either LOL.

Louisville we'll get to figure out this week.

Of those two I think Washington will have more to offer against the top teams, Louisville will probably wilt against Florida State and Clemson but dominate everyone else

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because as it turns out Arizona isn't all that good either LOL.

Louisville we'll get to figure out this week.

Of those two I think Washington will have more to offer against the top teams, Louisville will probably wilt against Florida State and Clemson but dominate everyone else

When I shut it down last night both AZ teams were getting handled and to my amazement they both won. I was expecting to wake up to people mocking the PAC but they survived.

Ville doesn't appear to have the defense to hang with the two big boys right now. I still think one of those teams will make the playoffs despite how bad they've looked so far.